Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State Final Games

+6
dusty7
USD24
Doctor D
OSUBucks
guerin
Teetime
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

State Final Games Empty State Final Games

Post by Teetime Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:43 pm

I made the mistake of going over to Edgytim's free board to find out what I could about Joliet Catholic this year. I discovered that SHG has exactly zero chance of beating the mighty Hilltoppers in the 2021 game.

SHG and the old Griffin High School have played four times against JCA. I have been at three of those games. Griffin/SHG is 0-4 in those games. I was really hoping I would get to see SHG win one of these games before both schools become too small to field a football team. Both are headed that direction. I will just have to take comfort in knowing that two of my three football playing sons have JCA graduates that answer to them at their jobs and no JCA grads up the ladder from them at their positions in large engineering and accounting firms in Chicago. Very Happy  

I will be in attendance on Friday. I will whoop it up if SHG should break the curse, but go away looking forward to 2022 if JCA should win.

Admin

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

State Final Games Empty Re: State Final Games

Post by guerin Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:44 pm

I think JC got a big reality check from Richmond-Burton last week. They kept them close for the 1st half. Hilltoppers pulled away in the 2nd though.
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:22 pm

Tee, if Size matters in football we don’t have much of a chance. Their OLine averages 280, no joke. Our biggest DLineman isn’t close to 280. I do remember a state final years ago between Mt Prospect and Mt Carmel. Mt Carmel OLine averaged about 50 lbs more than the Mt Prospect DLine but Mt Prospect won. If we can get a couple turnovers that would be most welcome. I think we can score but not sure about stopping them.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:02 pm

I like SHG’s chances. Cyclone offense looks explosive. Looking forward to an entertaining game.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by USD24 Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:05 pm

Teetime wrote:I made the mistake of going over to Edgytim's free board to find out what I could about Joliet Catholic this year. I discovered that SHG has exactly zero chance of beating the mighty Hilltoppers in the 2021 game.

SHG and the old Griffin High School have played four times against JCA. I have been at three of those games. Griffin/SHG is 0-4 in those games. I was really hoping I would get to see SHG win one of these games before both schools become too small to field a football team. Both are headed that direction. I will just have to take comfort in knowing that two of my three football playing sons have JCA graduates that answer to them at their jobs and no JCA grads up the ladder from them at their positions in large engineering and accounting firms in Chicago. Very Happy  

I will be in attendance on Friday. I will whoop it up if SHG should break the curse, but go away looking forward to 2022 if JCA should win.

In reading Edgy tim, I completely disagree with your take. Most people, especially the people from JCA, feel this will be a great game. The only one saying SHG doenst have a chance is Ratsy. I will also disagree with you regarding becoming too small to field a football team. JCA has 130 players in their program this year, 53 of them being freshmen. They will be just fine.

Here is the game thread link. No one is saying SHG has zero chance.

https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/threads/cyclones-vs-hilltoppers.22751/
USD24
USD24
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:22 pm

In a state final game every team has a chance. JCA may be the heavy favorite but from what I saw from SHG last week, if they have a real shot at winning. The key will be finding a way to slow down JCAs backs, they are big and fast. However, I think SHG will be able to move the ball on JCA. Should be a good one.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:32 pm

Unfortunately the 4A Final went pretty much as expected. SHG just couldn’t match up physically with JCA. I’ve seen a lot of Illinois HS football over the last 30 years or so. I can’t ever remember seeing a 4A team that big and physical. I’m really proud of those SHG kids though, a lot of them will be back next year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:08 am

USD24 had it right. SHG didn’t really ever have a chance just like he said.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:19 am

Teetime wrote:USD24 had it right. SHG didn’t really ever have a chance just like he said.
Ratsy had it right too. 😉
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:27 am

Best news for SHG is 15 returning starters in 2022. Hats off to the Cyclones as they never quit. Great job net!
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

OSUBucks and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:15 am

As some know I have moved to Nashville and the "school" I am at now, East Nashville "Magnet" won their 3A semi-final game last night and will play for the championship on Friday in Chattanooga.. i am not sure we have a chance as we play the Tennessee version of Rochester (they have won the last 6 state titles), but as frustrated as I have been with this school year, its a good thing for the school..

A couple of observations..

The private schools here are in separate classes and it works well

For the most part the MNPS schools are awful, but not CPS awful

We use districts, which also works well.. we finished 6-4, but won the district and have hosted all 4 playoff games

During the playoffs we have 7 man officiating crews.. and the chains are ran by crews that didn't get assigned playoff games

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:47 pm

When you say “school” and “magnet” what do the quotation marks mean?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:03 pm

Why does it always seem that the 8A title game is the biggest snoozefest out of all 8 games every year?
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:35 am

announcers made the win sound like a huge upset.
tough break for the CG fullback. from what i saw the kid is a load. he gets a state title but sucks that the remainder of his senior year is likely over athletically.
the knee injury looked like one of those non-contact cutting injury.
https://football.dailyherald.com/sports/20211127/late-defensive-stand-key-as-cary-grove-wins-class-6a-championship

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:27 pm

tps wrote:announcers made the win sound like a huge upset.
tough break for the CG fullback. from what i saw the kid is a load. he gets a state title but sucks that the remainder of his senior year is likely over athletically.
the knee injury looked like one of those non-contact cutting injury.
https://football.dailyherald.com/sports/20211127/late-defensive-stand-key-as-cary-grove-wins-class-6a-championship

I think it was a pretty big upset. Most people who have seen ESL play were highly impressed with their talent level and ability. They lost two games, one to a California football factory and the other to IMG, an actual football factory. They beat CBC from St. Louis that won the Missouri largest class state championship yesterday.

I'm guessing there were more power 5 college players on the ESL roster than all of the other finalists added together, but I might be wrong about that.

Cary Grove played a great game. I enjoyed watching that game even more than watching Ohio State lose.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:13 pm

Teetime wrote:When you say “school” and “magnet” what do the quotation marks mean?

Well the average ACT is a 15, the lowest grade we are allowed to give a student is a 60% so they pass, the kids come and go as they please and the admin lets them run the show so they stay enrolled there and enrollment stays up and we can pretend its an actual magnet school. I have a few football players that havent turned in a single assignment all year, yet they somehow haven't missed a game..

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:24 pm

HHSTigerFan2 wrote:
Teetime wrote:When you say “school” and “magnet” what do the quotation marks mean?

Well the average ACT is a 15, the lowest grade we are allowed to give a student is a 60% so they pass, the kids come and go as they please and the admin lets them run the show so they stay enrolled there and enrollment stays up and we can pretend its an actual magnet school. I have a few football players that havent turned in a single assignment all year, yet they somehow haven't missed a game..

Ugh.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:30 pm

HHSTigerFan2 wrote:

Really helping those kids succeed later in life huh? Crap like this should never happen. It's a privilege to step foot on the field or court and compete not a right.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:12 am

dusty7 wrote:
HHSTigerFan2 wrote:

Really helping those kids succeed later in life huh?   Crap like this should never happen.  It's a privilege to step foot on the field or court and compete not a right.  

Oh its not just the athletes, its all the kids that are just shuffled through here.. they have absolutely no self accountability, but a great GPA so their one semester of college will be great until reality sets in

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:08 pm

HHSTigerFan2 wrote:As some know I have moved to Nashville and the "school" I am at now, East Nashville "Magnet" won their 3A semi-final game last night and will play for the championship on Friday in Chattanooga.. i am not sure we have a chance as we play the Tennessee version of Rochester (they have won the last 6 state titles), but as frustrated as I have been with this school year, its a good thing for the school..

A couple of observations..

The private schools here are in separate classes and it works well

For the most part the MNPS schools are awful, but not CPS awful

We use districts, which also works well.. we finished 6-4, but won the district and have hosted all 4 playoff games

During the playoffs we have 7 man officiating crews.. and the chains are ran by crews that didn't get assigned playoff games

MNPS = Memphis Nashville Public Schools ?
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:43 pm

Metro Nashville Public Schools

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:02 am

To add to my bitchfest...  Friday we got our butts handed to us after a sequence with two fumbles and 2 blocked punts in 6:30.. went from 0-0 to 28-0 quick.. final 45-14

Admin on TV about how East Nashville "Magnet" is going places in academics and athletics... what they failed to mention is that the day before the game, we had a huge fight involving about 100 students and 10-15 parents, 15 cop cars at the school.. 2 students and 2 parents arrested for having a gun on school property, one dad arrested for punching a student.. It was a total shit show that was allowed to linger on for about 90 minutes..the best part is that the next morning, the entire administration was on the field saying "look at me" with all 3 of the school resource officers there, I guess so they can make sure the 50 football kids that are never a problem are behaving.. At the same time we have more fights breaking out at school.. LOL

That said, UT-Chattanooga was a great place for the title games.. mountains in the background, 3 breweries next to the stadium.. plus 75 degrees and sunny. And I liked how they mixed up the classes each day, with 5A and 6A playing the 7:00 slots.. Friday the day went 3A-1A-5A... Sat went 4A-2A-6A, overall a much better experience than what the IHSA puts on.

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:10 pm

Must be a long haul from Memphis to Chattanooga. Five hours according to the internet...I guess we get worse to Dekalb from some spots in Illinois.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:59 pm

It seems like putting on any state series is a chore for tht IHSA. There is very little enthusiasm on the part of the IHSA and they have done very little to improve on several aspects of the state series. The game broadcasts are terrible and almost cringy at times. The announcers know very little about the teams and only talk about 1 or 2 players the entire game. Lots of repetition, football cliches, and made up BS on the game call. I bet they could find more knowledgeable people about the game and even each team that would donate their time to call the game.
The GameDay experience is good, not great, for the fans. The Fan Zone is what it is but adding games for the kids like they do for basketball would be a nice touch.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:12 pm

IHSA TV crew should really consider someone like Soucie or Edgytim to do color commentary for the games. If they would be willing…
Bernhardt is the best of the 4 current. McInerney really struggled and often just made stuff up.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next