Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Academic All-State?

+2
OldTitan
19delta
6 posters

Go down

Academic All-State? Empty Academic All-State?

Post by 19delta Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:07 pm

I have seen several posts on Twitter about kids being selected to an academic All-State team. I didn't think those nominations were due until February.

What are these academic All-State teams these kids are being selected to? I can't find anything online.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Academic All-State? Empty Re: Academic All-State?

Post by OldTitan Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:34 am

I don't know about this year, but in the past they were always due around week two of the playoffs.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:01 pm

The posts you saw were probably IHSFCA academic all state...it's a certificate to print from their website. As long as a kid has the academic requirements and is 1st team all conference they garner that award. 3.5 GPA I believe is the main academic requirement

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by center Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:42 pm

Lefty is correct. 3.5 and first team AC makes it automatic as long as the coach stand it in. They used to mail the certificates to the head coach.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 am

OK. Thanks. It must not have been sent in for my kid.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Actually, the last few years, the IHSFCA has the certificate on their website. You're just supposed to download it and it seems it's pretty much on an honor system. Our athletic department secretary just prints it on a nice piece of card stock and we laminate them to present at our awards banquet. There's a chance his coach just may not realize he qualified via the academic requirements. Worth a question. It's a nice honor for sure!

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:20 pm

lefty120 wrote:Actually, the last few years, the IHSFCA has the certificate on their website.  You're just supposed to download it and it seems it's pretty much on an honor system.  Our athletic department secretary just prints it on a nice piece of card stock and we laminate them to present at our awards banquet.  There's a chance his coach just may not realize he qualified via the academic requirements.  Worth a question.  It's a nice honor for sure!

Ok...thank you!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm

lefty120 wrote:Actually, the last few years, the IHSFCA has the certificate on their website.  You're just supposed to download it and it seems it's pretty much on an honor system.

hmmm, you don't say. i can be an academic all-stater after all! cheers
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:59 pm

ging wrote:
lefty120 wrote:Actually, the last few years, the IHSFCA has the certificate on their website.  You're just supposed to download it and it seems it's pretty much on an honor system.

hmmm, you don't say.  i can be an academic all-stater after all! cheers

You might be able to be an IHSFCA All-Stater too (or at least honorable mention)

Last season I had a player who did not qualify - he was not all-conference, his head coach (me) did not nominate him, and he was not on our league list of eligible players.

The lists come out and he is named honorable mention all-state. I mention this to the IHSFCA folks and they say as long as he is not on the all-state team we don't care.

His dad claimed he had no idea how it happened, but another coach must have nominated him. When I mentioned I have served on that committee four times and I know how it works and that other coaches do not nominate other players - he shrugged and walked away. I let it go because by that time I knew I was resigning as head coach.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:12 am

OldTitan wrote:
ging wrote:

hmmm, you don't say.  i can be an academic all-stater after all! cheers

You might be able to be an IHSFCA All-Stater too (or at least honorable mention)

Last season I had a player who did not qualify - he was not all-conference, his head coach (me) did not nominate him, and he was not on our league list of eligible players.

The lists come out and he is named honorable mention all-state. I mention this to the IHSFCA folks and they say as long as he is not on the all-state team we don't care.

His dad claimed he had no idea how it happened, but another coach must have nominated him. When I mentioned I have served on that committee four times and I know how it works and that other coaches do not nominate other players - he shrugged and walked away. I let it go because by that time I knew I was resigning as head coach.

So his dad got him IHSFCA Honorable Mention All-State? Or was this Honorable Mention Academic All-State?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:09 am

IHSFCA Honorable Mention All-State
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:53 am

OldTitan wrote:IHSFCA Honorable Mention All-State

That's crazy...so the dad took it upon himself to contact the IHSFCA and told them his son should be HM All-State? And there wasn't any kind of vetting process?

I'm surprised that more parents haven't done this! 😆
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:08 pm

NOW they will
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 am

My last game was in 1973. Is it too late for me?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:24 pm

Teetime wrote:My last game was in 1973. Is it too late for me?

Given the lack of checks in the system - almost certainly not too late!

OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down