Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season Updates?

+7
OSUBucks
19delta
dusty7
Doctor D
net
lefty120
Ghengis Khan
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Season Updates? Empty Season Updates?

Post by Ghengis Khan Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:11 am

Headed down the home stretch of the regular season. How are everyone's teams doing this year? Overperforming or underperforming? Any surprises or cool stories come out of your seasons?

Would love to hear about how everyone is doing.

Good luck the rest of the way!

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Season Updates? Empty Re: Season Updates?

Post by lefty120 Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:30 am

Salem Wildcats 4-3. Lost to Centralia week 1 35-28, won 4 in a row, lost to Breese Central 7-6, and last week to Columbia 46-7. Hit by the COVID bug the last couple weeks. Hoping to get guys back today and tomorrow, still will be tough this week with Freeburg (COVID kids out past 10 days). Possible week 9 game at Charleston to get in at 5 wins if we can't get Freeburg. We are young except for a couple senior skill guys. Sophomore QB who has a ridiculously hot mom is improving each week despite his dipshit dad. With our programs past, happy to still be in the hunt week 8. Best of luck to everyone else! I know we've got a few guys on the board who are having great years and have a chance to make a real run...stay healthy!

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:39 pm

with all of the injuries we've endured, we are somehow 6-1. we've lost 3 starting o-line for the season. we are wearing thin.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:20 pm

I wanna hear more about the hot mom Very Happy
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

mc140 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Going into this week 7-0.  We aren't blowing out opponents and I believe we have played a very tough schedule thus far.  Haven't played great offensively at times but defense is playing very well.  Hopefully we continue to improve offensively and keep it going defensively.  Have quality wins against Coal City, Reed-Custer, and Marengo and will have defeated 5 playoff teams when all is said and done. All the talk is about us going 2A but our focus is just in this week's game, lots can change between now and when the pairings come out.  

Going into the season we were not sure exactly what would happen with the group we have. They had very little varsity experience but they have responded to the pressure and exceeded our expectations and play very well together as a team.

Also interested in  hearing more about the Hot Mom!

Last edited by dusty7 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:41 pm

Our team is 0-7. Will be really hard to avoid 0-9. And 0-18 and potentially worse is a very real possibility. Winter has come...
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:21 pm

19delta wrote:Our team is 0-7. Will be really hard to avoid 0-9. And 0-18 and potentially worse is a very real possibility. Winter has come...

Wow,it wasn’t that many years ago that you guys won a state title.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:13 am

OSUBucks wrote:
19delta wrote:Our team is 0-7. Will be really hard to avoid 0-9. And 0-18 and potentially worse is a very real possibility. Winter has come...

Wow,it wasn’t that many years ago that you guys won a state title.

2014. And were a state semifinalist as recently as 2018.

We are definitely lost in the football wilderness and it's going to take a mighty effort to find our way out. We have no wins at the high school level this year. Both varsity and frosh-soph teams are 0fer. And I think we have only won maybe 2 games on the 7th/8th grade level. So it's not like help is on the way. It's going to be a really tough couple of years.

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:38 am

net wrote:with all of the injuries we've endured, we are somehow 6-1. we've lost 3 starting o-line for the season. we are wearing thin.

and we'll be down another 2 way lineman this weekend.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:35 am

Incase you didnt pick up on it the Hot Mom is Mrs. Lefty and the Dipshit Dad is Lefty lol.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Doctor D likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:36 am

Call me crazy but I dont even see you losing to Walther Christian week 9. We played them last Spring and they were the worst of any team I had ever ever gone against.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:00 am

Bighitter11 wrote:Incase you didnt pick up on it the Hot Mom is Mrs. Lefty and the Dipshit Dad is Lefty lol.

I did, but it did take me a minute! Hard to believe their youngest is in High School! He was a 1 year old in our time together at Peotone. Starting to realize that I am old.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:10 am

Bighitter11 wrote:

Call me crazy but I dont even see you losing to Walther Christian week 9.  We played them last Spring and they were the worst of any team I had ever ever gone against.

Getting a win that last week would be a really big deal for us. I hope it happens!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:48 am

dusty7 wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Incase you didnt pick up on it the Hot Mom is Mrs. Lefty and the Dipshit Dad is Lefty lol.

I did, but it did take me a minute! Hard to believe their youngest is in High School! He was a 1 year old in our time together at Peotone. Starting to realize that I am old.  

Very Happy Like many of us on this board, I've outkicked my coverage for 22 years and counting. She's a keeper.

Samuel is actually our 2nd; he turns 16 in the spring and is playing QB for us. Andrew our youngest who's in 7th grade...so Dusty you're not quite as old as you may think or feel! Smile

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:51 am

net wrote:
net wrote:with all of the injuries we've endured, we are somehow 6-1. we've lost 3 starting o-line for the season. we are wearing thin.

and we'll be down another 2 way lineman this weekend.

Hopefully he's able to return before seasons end. I think the regular injuries that happen in a normal season are sometimes lost in the whole COVID situation and those that are lost in quarantine. There's just so many moving parts this year it's been a struggle at times, I'm not going to lie.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:52 am

19delta wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:

Call me crazy but I dont even see you losing to Walther Christian week 9.  We played them last Spring and they were the worst of any team I had ever ever gone against.

Getting a win that last week would be a really big deal for us. I hope it happens!

I've won playoff games and week 9 games to go 1-8...the looks on the kids faces isn't a ton different. Praying for a strong finish to the season, for the kids and the coaches!

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:03 pm

lefty120 wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Very Happy Like many of us on this board, I've outkicked my coverage for 22 years and counting. She's a keeper.

Samuel is actually our 2nd; he turns 16 in the spring and is playing QB for us.  Andrew our youngest who's in 7th grade...so Dusty you're not quite as old as you may think or feel! Smile
\

Whew, I am relieved.

On the injury front, we lost our starting QB in week 3 on the 3rd play of the game. Other than that we have been mostly okay.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:01 pm

Loyola is 7-0 after playing a difficult schedule. Loyola's opponents' wins so far total 40. Of all the other 8A schools that are either 6-1 or 7-0, the schools with the next largest number of opponents' wins are Maine South and York that are tied with 33. Only one other 8A school has more opponents wins than Loyola, and that's Naperville North with 41, but three of those wins actually came against Naperville North.

Other than a couple of 3-point nailbiters against Brother Rice and Fenwick, I'd say we've been pretty dominant and are on track for another deep playoff run. Our star RB broke his collar bone in week 4 against Brother Rice at the end of the game after he had already rushed for 335 yards and four TDs. He will hopefully be back around round 2.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:08 pm

LOL.  I was gonna say it was a pretty bold thing to put out there for public consumption.
Makes sense now, I guess I’m a bit slow on the draw sometimes.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Lefty how did you guys get Walther on the schedule?
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:11 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:

You went 6-0 last spring, right? Walther went winless last spring...after having gone 1-8 in each of the previous two years.

This year, Walther is 3-4, with none of their wins coming by forfeit. I'm not suggesting that Walther is going to win in week 9, but it does seem pretty clear that they are a bunch better this year (at least in terms of record) than they have been in recent years. If they can win their last two games against teams with a combined record of 2-12, they have a shot at being a playoff qualifier.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:29 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:

You went 6-0 last spring, right?  Walther went winless last spring...after having gone 1-8 in each of the previous two years.

This year, Walther is 3-4, with none of their wins coming by forfeit.  I'm not suggesting that Walther is going to win in week 9, but it does seem pretty clear that they are a bunch better this year (at least in terms of record) than they have been in recent years.  If they can win their last two games against teams with a combined record of 2-12, they have a shot at being a playoff qualifier.

Walther still being open is their biggest W. Really don't know how they're making it, but good for them.
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 pm

guerin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:

You went 6-0 last spring, right?  Walther went winless last spring...after having gone 1-8 in each of the previous two years.

This year, Walther is 3-4, with none of their wins coming by forfeit.  I'm not suggesting that Walther is going to win in week 9, but it does seem pretty clear that they are a bunch better this year (at least in terms of record) than they have been in recent years.  If they can win their last two games against teams with a combined record of 2-12, they have a shot at being a playoff qualifier.

Walther still being open is their biggest W. Really don't know how they're making it, but good for them.

When I was still coaching, Walther Lutheran (I think they are Walther Christian now?) had a solid program. We played them in the 2nd round of the playoffs in 2004. They had good numbers and were well coached and physical. Had some good athletes. They ran a good-looking Wing-T. That year, they had a stud OG/DE. The problem is that they ran behind him 99% of the time. Wherever he went, the ball went. Our MLB that year was not a particularly fast kid. We told him to watch that OG and as soon as he moved, to get downhill hard right behind his hips and look for the ball carrier. Our kid looked like Von Miller that afternoon. At halftime, our booth guys came down and said they could hear Walther Lutheran's coaches talking about our kid..."Holy crap, #10 is fast...we can't block him..he's making every tackle". I think our guy ended the day with a season's worth of tackles for loss and well over double digits in tackles. The thing is, if they would have influenced ppulled that kid just once, or even if they would have run a naked boot, we would have given up huge yardage because we were so keyed in on their guy. Good thing for us they never picked up on that! Very Happy
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:21 am

ramblinman wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:

Well Honestly all they can do is go up and I am happy to see that. They were very respectful and good kids when we played last spring. Its nice to see them get a few wins but they are against a 1 win Westmont who has struggled for a long time, Chicgo Christ the King who they have also played and beat this year and only other win was by forfeit, and a win against a winless Oblong team who might be worse than them.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:28 am

19delta wrote:
guerin wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:

When I was still coaching, Walther Lutheran (I think they are Walther Christian now?) had a solid program. We played them in the 2nd round of the playoffs in 2004. They had good numbers and were well coached and physical. Had some good athletes. They ran a good-looking Wing-T. That year, they had a stud OG/DE. The problem is that they ran behind him 99% of the time. Wherever he went, the ball went. Our MLB that year was not a particularly fast kid. We told him to watch that OG and as soon as he moved, to get downhill hard right behind his hips and look for the ball carrier. Our kid looked like Von Miller that afternoon. At halftime, our booth guys came down and said they could hear Walther Lutheran's coaches talking about our kid..."Holy crap, #10 is fast...we can't block him..he's making every tackle". I think our guy ended the day with a season's worth of tackles for loss and well over double digits in tackles. The thing is, if they would have influenced ppulled that kid just once, or even if they would have run a naked boot, we would have given up huge yardage because we were so keyed in on their guy. Good thing for us they never picked up on that! Very Happy

I played against Walther several times back in the 1990s and they were a really solid program. First as a Freshman back in 1994 they had Terrell and Fred Robinson running the ball and were a really good opponent. They we played them in the 1996 Quarterfinals at our place. They were almost a mirror image of us running Power I with FB Ron Doyle who played a SIU. They were Coach by Eric Michaelson who went to Lemont after that. Then we played them after I graduated in 1999 they had a great QB named Bo Flowers who was Drafted by the Chicago Cubs. They have def fallen on hard times in recent memories it would be good to see them land back on their feet.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next