Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bears Leaving Soldier Field???

+2
lefty120
Bighitter11
6 posters

Go down

Bears Leaving Soldier Field??? Empty Bears Leaving Soldier Field???

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:04 am

Sounds like the Chicago Bears could be moving to Arlington Heights in the near future as a Purchase and Sales Agreement was reached with Arlington Heights. Another cool tidbit on the rumor mill I believe from Mike Florio from Pro football Focus is with a new Stadium in Arlington Heights there could be not 1 but 2 Pro Football teams in Chicago in the future.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Bears Leaving Soldier Field??? Empty Re: Bears Leaving Soldier Field???

Post by lefty120 Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:33 am

I'm against another team...just a traditionalist I guess. I'm also against moving the stadium...we had season tickets for years when I lived up north...the setting by the lake is so unique and awesome. I will say though, I get why they want to move. Getting to and from the stadium is a pain in the ass and the stadium itself is well, not good. I guess I'm clinging to the tailgating experience...

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:38 am

lefty120 wrote:I'm against another team...just a traditionalist I guess.

A true traditionalist would remember that there were two football teams in the city until the Chicago Cardinals moved to St. Louis after being in Chicago for 40 years. Wink
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:42 am

Honestly I have no problems with 2 teams in the City especially as long as the McShitskys are in charge of the Chicago Bears. Ive never been to Soldier Field so Im not missing out on anything nostalgic. A new state of the art Stadium, 2 Football teams and possibility to host Final Fours and other events in the future sign me up. Pretty much only thing to make this thing better would be ownership change by the Bears too.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:52 am

ramblinman wrote:
lefty120 wrote:I'm against another team...just a traditionalist I guess.

A true traditionalist would remember that there were two football teams in the city until the Chicago Cardinals moved to St. Louis after being in Chicago for 40 years.  Wink

Touche...I knew that. My old man was born and raised in Decatur...enter the Decatur Staley's...I guess I just meant from a standpoint of thinking about the fanbase being split would be hard to imagine.

I totally get the new stadium situation. It would be way more modernized than Soldier Field, and as BH said be able to host way more events which would be cool. Regardless of how you feel, it's gonna happen.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:00 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Sounds like the Chicago Bears could be moving to Arlington Heights in the near future as a Purchase and Sales Agreement was reached with Arlington Heights.  Another cool tidbit on the rumor mill I believe from Mike Florio from Pro football Focus is with a new Stadium in Arlington Heights there could be not 1 but 2 Pro Football teams in Chicago in the future.

The Bears lease for Soldier Field expires in 2033. They can break that lease in 2026 if they pay a penalty of $84 million. A lot can happen in that time.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:01 pm

lefty120 wrote:I totally get the new stadium situation.  It would be way more modernized than Soldier Field, and as BH said be able to host way more events which would be cool.  Regardless of how you feel, it's gonna happen.  

It's gonna happen eventually. But I'm not sure it's going to happen with that property.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:12 pm

I don't think the 2026 is a big deal at all to the Bears. Even if they announced today that they were 100% moving to Arlington Heights, the designing, planning, building of whatever the site becomes, and the surrounding infrastructure, will take forever. It's not like they are hoping for fall of 2022 games in Arlington Heights.

As far as 2 teams, who knows, but there isn't a team in the NFL that would move to Chicago and use Soldier Field. Teams want to control all of the parking, etc., and they don't get that with Soldier Field.
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:31 pm

For reference, the Raiders new stadium in Vegas was about 3 years from planning to completion, with a much smaller parcel of land.
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:20 pm

tm wrote:For reference, the Raiders new stadium in Vegas was about 3 years from planning to completion, with a much smaller parcel of land.

You could always build the stadium quickly then build around it.

I don't really care what they do I just hope they figure out how to put a quality product on the field.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:30 pm

dusty7 wrote:
tm wrote:For reference, the Raiders new stadium in Vegas was about 3 years from planning to completion, with a much smaller parcel of land.

You could always build the stadium quickly then build around it.

I don't really care what they do I just hope they figure out how to put a quality product on the field.  

I do too. To reiterate a point made by Bighitter I don’t think it happens with the McCaskeys in charge.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:10 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down