Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quality of Football Being Played

2 posters

Go down

Quality of Football Being Played Empty Quality of Football Being Played

Post by dusty7 Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Maybe it is just our conference or the opponents we have played thus far, but it seems that the quality of play is diminished from what we have seen in the past.

Honestly, I think this is expected due to the short season last year with sophs and juniors not getting as much game experience.

Just curious if any of you have had the same observations.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Quality of Football Being Played Empty Re: Quality of Football Being Played

Post by lefty120 Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:59 am

I'd agree with you coach. In the 3 games we've played varsity wise, and the lower class games, it sure looks like the fundamentals are suffering some; our team is definitely not immune to this either. I think many thought with the short turnaround it would be better; but I think the long layoff before the spring season has hurt most teams / kids, especially the lower class kids.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:41 pm

There is definitely an issue with fundamentals which I think stems from having to prepare quickly for the spring season. Not having the traditional camps last year or the 3 weeks to prepare for week 1, it is easy for a coaching staff to start preparing for for the Xs and Os and the game plan rather than getting your Jimmys and Joes doing things correctly. As a team we are seeing a definite improvement week to week on both sides of the ball.

I didn't even think about or mention the lower levels. Our first two games, we played bigger schools that have pretty solid programs and won 56-0 and 52-0. The second game should have been a running clock after 1 quarter. We had an RB who didn't get tackled during these games. I would say our JV is solid and a little above average but the two teams we played were definitely lacking the fundamental skills.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down