Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus II

+18
HHSTigerFan2
oldmanpfoot
OSUBucks
ging
OldTitan
newcom
center
Pike Bishop
tps
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
BirdWatcher
dusty7
ramblinman
net
Head Idiot
19delta
22 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Coronavirus II - Page 40 Empty Re: Coronavirus II

Post by OSUBucks Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:30 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:If Biden gets elected in November, which looks pretty likely ....

I guess it's just my bubble.   I drove 7000 miles thru 14 states and saw nothing but Trump signs and billboards.  One Biden sign.  One.  I can count 12-15 people (like my mom and sisters) who told me to my face they didn't vote Trump in 2016 but are now.... I haven't met anyone who voted for Trump who isn't doing so again.   I have several FB friends who are voting for Biden, but they also voted for Hillary.  They can't give a reason that doesn't devolve into "Trump this" or "Trump that..."

I guess that's good enough for them.

One thing I know and that is that Trump supporters are more enthusiastic about their guy than the Biden supporters are for theirs. Biden isn't a far left guy but I fear that a lot of people in his administration (if he wins) will pull the country pretty far to the left. I don't have a problem with a moderate regardless of their party affiliation.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Positivity rate as of Saturday 9/12/20 is 3.7% statewide.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:00 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:If Biden gets elected in November, which looks pretty likely ....

I guess it's just my bubble.   I drove 7000 miles thru 14 states and saw nothing but Trump signs and billboards.  One Biden sign.  One.  I can count 12-15 people (like my mom and sisters) who told me to my face they didn't vote Trump in 2016 but are now.... I haven't met anyone who voted for Trump who isn't doing so again.   I have several FB friends who are voting for Biden, but they also voted for Hillary.  They can't give a reason that doesn't devolve into "Trump this" or "Trump that..."

according to the jacksonville paper, 19 trump signs were stolen over the last week from people's yards.

i read somewhere that a postal delivery carrier in some town stole over 60 signs from people's yards while on his route.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:23 pm

I've only seen one Biden sign.  Ever.   At my neighbors, and unfortunately, some shithead ripped it in half.  I really didn't expect that.  But they left behind a slew of beer bottles, so I can guess who it was.  Assholes.

Stealing Trump signs and getting in people's faces who wear MAGA hats I expect.  I'm a Libertarian but my wife is total MAGA, and I worry when she wears her Trump stuff in states other than TN....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:25 pm

Across 9 states since March, I have yet to see a Biden sign. My wife has seen one. In CG of all places.

Meanwhile, we have at least 7 Trump signs, flags, home made welded flags (long story).
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:19 pm

Trump engenders passionate responses: for or against. Pro-Trump passion is manifest in signs, hates, etc. Some people will vote for Biden, but most will vote against Trump.

The tough thing is - early returns will look like a Trump victory. As vote by mail ballots come in the vote will likely swing to Biden. Ardent Trump supporters will cry foul and say the election was stolen from Trump.

I still think there is a significant chance of a Trump victory. Low voter turnout favors the republican path to the presidency - I have tough time seeing a massive turnout with Covid.

Either way, it's safe to say this election will do nothing to heal our country's divide.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:22 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Across 9 states since March, I have yet to see a Biden sign. My wife has seen one. In CG of all places.

Meanwhile, we have at least 7 Trump signs, flags, home made welded flags (long story).
I should say we have 7 signs in our neighborhood. Not my family.

I don't do signs. Never have, never will.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:52 am

tps wrote:
Looks like Fauci agrees (vitamin d). wonder why he's never mentioned that more often/sooner?
https://www.insider.com/fauci-takes-recommends-vitamin-d-and-c-supplements-immunity-boost-2020-9

Here is Dr. Fauci four and a half years ago....

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/01/15/how-to-avoid-getting-sick-when-youre-around-people-all-day/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:30 am

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:
Looks like Fauci agrees (vitamin d). wonder why he's never mentioned that more often/sooner?
https://www.insider.com/fauci-takes-recommends-vitamin-d-and-c-supplements-immunity-boost-2020-9

He mentions it 4 years ago when no one is paying attention?! I think most people know this info already but it could have been reiterated as much as the mask wearing to remind people to stay healthy.

Maybe JB could spend $5 million on how to stay healthy like he did with the mask campaign and his tax hike plan. I find it hard to listen to him telling me how to live a healthy life, he obviously isn't following a healthy lifestyle.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/01/15/how-to-avoid-getting-sick-when-youre-around-people-all-day/

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:30 am

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:

He mentions it 4 years ago when no one is paying attention?! I think most people know this info already but it could have been reiterated as much as the mask wearing to remind people to stay healthy.

Maybe JB could spend $5 million on how to stay healthy like he did with the mask campaign and his tax hike plan. I find it hard to listen to him telling me how to live a healthy life, he obviously isn't following a healthy lifestyle.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:29 am

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:

we've been hearing all of that since march...except the vitamin d stuff. seems kinda relevant.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:23 am

My wife and I watch CBS news more and more just for their impartial delivery...or at least it seems that way. Sunday mornings at 9:30 is Face the Nation...every Sunday they have on Dr. Scott Gotlieb. He seems to me, to be the straightest shooting, most intelligent guy I’ve heard during this whole situation.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:42 am

BirdWatcher wrote:

In my north suburban Chicago neighborhood and surrounding area, it's nothing but Biden signs.  The only lawn signs I have seen containing the word Trump are preceded by the word Dump.  Not a single Trump lawn sign.  Not one.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:31 pm

For Sunday statewide positivity rate holding at 3.7%
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:51 pm

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/trump-to-visit-california-for-wildfire-briefing-2020-09-14

This just takes the cake...

My favorite line...

Wade Crowfoot, California’s secretary for natural resources, told the president during a briefing on the fires that state officials “want to work with you to really recognize the changing climate and what it means to our forests,” spurring Trump to say: “It’ll start getting cooler. You just watch.”

And this isn’t fake news Trumpers..there’s video that I just couldn’t bring myself to post.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:16 pm

lefty120 wrote:https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/trump-to-visit-california-for-wildfire-briefing-2020-09-14

This just takes the cake...

My favorite line...

Wade Crowfoot, California’s secretary for natural resources, told the president during a briefing on the fires that state officials “want to work with you to really recognize the changing climate and what it means to our forests,” spurring Trump to say: “It’ll start getting cooler. You just watch.”

And this isn’t fake news Trumpers..there’s video that I just couldn’t bring myself to post.

I don't know if Trump really believes that or if it is just for his base. I know a lot of Trump supporters and they typically think global warming is a hoax too. I watched a lot of those daily briefings on the Pandemic though and I heard a lot of really stupid stuff from him.

-------

https://turk190.aforumfree.com/viewtopic.php?t=5669
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down