Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of School Year

3 posters

Go down

End of School Year Empty End of School Year

Post by wolverine55 Mon May 20, 2019 5:10 pm

It might have been in the "Week Four of football..." thread, but I couldn't find this. At one point, we were discussing the end of the school year and I mentioned we had teacher workdays the June 3-5. Someone asked what that might look like. Well, so far, we've received a couple emails talking about how important our work will be the 3rd and 4th, but no description of what that work will be. Then, we received another email that basically encouraged us all to put in for personal days the 5th as they would be approved.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

End of School Year Empty Re: End of School Year

Post by Outdoors Mon May 20, 2019 5:28 pm

I haven't been to many "thought-out" institute days in the past 6 or 7 years where I don't leave wanting to cry and just turn in my resignation b/c of the impossible pie in the sky initiatives that are doomed to fail given the quality of students in our district. Most of us are left feeling A) Hopeless and B) Angry that administration could be so unbelievably out of touch with reality and willingly ignore the problems at hand that are MUCH more deserving of staff time and attention.

Outdoors
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 am

wolverine55 wrote:It might have been in the "Week Four of football..." thread, but I couldn't find this.  At one point, we were discussing the end of the school year and I mentioned we had teacher workdays the June 3-5.  Someone asked what that might look like.  Well, so far, we've received a couple emails talking about how important our work will be the 3rd and 4th, but no description of what that work will be.  Then, we received another email that basically encouraged us all to put in for personal days the 5th as they would be approved.
Rather than wasting a potential day toward retirement, June 5th sounds like a day I'd show up, parade around the office once or twice to let them know you're there, maybe workout and then take off around 10-11am.

Other than that, that sounds like one of the stupiedest emails you'll probably receive this school year.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue May 21, 2019 9:48 am

That's my plan, actually! Between reading, walking around the school, lifting weights, firing up some football film, planning summer install stuff if not done before then, and more I'm not thinking of right now, I'll have plenty to keep me busy.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down