Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORION TE lost for the year.

+2
Head Idiot
newcom
6 posters

Go down

ORION TE lost for the year. Empty ORION TE lost for the year.

Post by newcom Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:41 pm

TE & Iowa Recruit Logan Lee of Orion was lost for the season this week due to freak injury. Great Player and one of the best opponents in terms of ability and stature I have ever experienced. Good Luck to Logan at IOWA.

QC Times Story
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

ORION TE lost for the year. Empty Re: ORION TE lost for the year.

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:47 pm

Had a kid rupture his spleen falling on a football during a tackling drill.  His absence didn't figure in our season's outcome, but the kids did christen him with a new nickname- Spleen.
ORION TE lost for the year. The-More-You-Know
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:00 pm

Worst/most unfortunate/undesired nicknames I have ever heard for a kid:

Pants. Kid couldn't find his practice pants one day his freshman year. Varsity coaches didn't know his name so just called him "Pants" that day. The name stuck. 4 years later, he was still "Pants".

N A S C A R. Frosh-soph offensive lineman who was about 40% bodyfat and ran a 7-flat 40-yard-dash.

Probably a couple more if I think about it...
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:06 pm

newcom wrote:TE & Iowa Recruit Logan Lee of  Orion was lost for the season this week due to freak injury.  Great Player and one of the best opponents in terms of ability and stature I have ever experienced. Good Luck to Logan at IOWA.

QC Times Story

This might really shake-up the 2a playoffs. Lee was arguably the best small-school (1a/2a) player in the state.

What was the deal with him in wrestling last year? Why did he bump up to 285 and not defend his title at 220? Is he going to wrestle this year?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:12 am

"Lee said he was in pain the rest of the night Saturday and Sunday, but participated in a school-related choir event on Sunday. It wasn’t until early Monday morning when he started vomiting that he went to a local emergency room. He was then taken by ambulance to Iowa City."

I'm not a doctor but I play one at Turk's. I think it could have been a bruised spleen that was torn at that choir event. Reaching some of those notes can also tear the spleen even though the whole choir industry is slow to admit it and take responsibility.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:36 am

Delta, Not sure about wrestling? time will tell.

Tee that was lol! flower cheers
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:16 pm

19delta wrote:Worst/most unfortunate/undesired nicknames I have ever heard for a kid:

Pants. Kid couldn't find his practice pants one day his freshman year. Varsity coaches didn't know his name so just called him "Pants" that day. The name stuck. 4 years later, he was still "Pants".

N A S C A R. Frosh-soph offensive lineman who was about 40% bodyfat and ran a 7-flat 40-yard-dash.

Probably a couple more if I think about it...

We have a DT who is a biscuit over 300. Good kid, good player. Every one calls him Pot Roast. I still do not know his real name.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dshenaut Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:37 am

19delta wrote:
newcom wrote:

What was the deal with him in wrestling last year? Why did he bump up to 285 and not defend his title at 220? Is he going to wrestle this year?

He was at 285 because that was the weight he certified at.  He had wrestled probably 13-15 times during the season at 285.  He has said he will wrestle this year and also do track.

dshenaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down