Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you guys watching?

+6
Big E
ramblinman
wolverine55
BirdWatcher
Head Idiot
19delta
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are you guys watching? Empty What are you guys watching?

Post by 19delta Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:30 pm

What are you guys watching these days?

A couple of my current favorites:

Patriot (Amazon) - CIA deep-cover operative is trying to keep the Iranians from getting a nuke. Black comedy. If the Coen brothers and Wes Anderson collaborated on a show, it would look something like this.

The Man in the High Castle (Amazon) - Read the book in high school. Meh. The series is WAY better.

Narcos (Netflix) - First two seasons about Pablo Escobar are great.

Black Mirror (Netflix) - Great sci-fi anthology about how technology is impacting civilization

Ozark (Netflix) - I'm a HUGE Breaking Bad fan. This does a pretty good job of filling the void.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

What are you guys watching? Empty Re: What are you guys watching?

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:43 pm

If we watch anything it's usually kid friendly. That being said here's the DVR list-
Gotham on Fox
Last Man Standing on Fox
Cool Kids on Fox
The Orville on Fox
Supergirl on WB
Magnum PI on CBS
Legion on FX

Me and the wife watch as much Westworld as we can when the kids aren't around. About 4 episodes deep into season 2. The Detour on FX is hilarious.

I also literally watch John Wick 2 on repeat from the DVR when ever I get some basement time. Same with Logan.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:58 pm

Head Idiot wrote:If we watch anything it's usually kid friendly. That being said here's the DVR list-
Gotham on Fox
Last Man Standing on Fox
Cool Kids on Fox
The Orville on Fox
Supergirl on WB
Magnum PI on CBS
Legion on FX

Me and the wife watch as much Westworld as we can when the kids aren't around. About 4 episodes deep into season 2. The Detour on FX is hilarious.

I also literally watch John Wick 2 on repeat from the DVR when ever I get some basement time. Same with Logan.

Westworld is terrific.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:44 am

Well, it's January, so I dialed up some old reruns of Biggest Loser.

Enjoyed Ozark, The Innocent Man and Marcella (Netflix).

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:23 pm

It's relatively short--6 episodes--but Murder Mountain on Netflix is very good. The shows that get the social media hype normally annoy me, but Haunting of House Hill and the movie Bird Box were both very good as well.

I hit Netflix hard over Christmas break and so far this month so trying to get back into reading for the time being!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:35 pm

Must sees of mine in no particular order...

Vikings
Narcos
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
Ozark
Westworld
Outlander
The Walking Dead (although it may drop down to my B team soon)

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:37 pm

ramblinman wrote:Must sees of mine in no particular order...

Vikings
Narcos
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
Ozark
Westworld
Outlander

I tried to watch Vikings when it first came out and just didn't find it interesting. And I love history and particularly Vikings. Outside Westworld I've never seen any of the rest of those.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:38 pm

wolverine55 wrote:It's relatively short--6 episodes--but Murder Mountain on Netflix is very good.  The shows that get the social media hype normally annoy me, but Haunting of House Hill and the movie Bird Box were both very good as well.

I hit Netflix hard over Christmas break and so far this month so trying to get back into reading for the time being!
We watched Bird Box with the kids last Saturday during the snow storm. It was pretty good.

I think that for the most part our Netflix account exists so my daughter can watch Friends. I watch about 6 programs off it a year.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

Vikings
Narcos
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
Ozark
Westworld
Outlander

I tried to watch Vikings when it first came out and just didn't find it interesting.  And I love history and particularly Vikings.  Outside Westworld I've never seen any of the rest of those.

I felt the same about Vikings.  Fell asleep watching the first episode.  Came back to the series a year or so later and binged watched the first few seasons.  Now I'm hooked.  Just watched it last night.  

Except for Westworld, I've never watched even a partial episode of any of the shows you listed.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Cool Kids is a pretty good sitcom starring Lawrence, David Alan Grier and Martin Mull. Really good.

The Detour is probably my favorite show on TV.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Big E Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:18 pm

Narcos Mexico is real good. Just finished that. I had watched the previous ones dealing Columbia.
Big E
Big E
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:27 pm

Big E wrote:Narcos Mexico is real good.  Just finished that.  I had watched the previous ones dealing Columbia.  

Watching the Mexico one now. It's just as good as the Colombia one.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:It's relatively short--6 episodes--but Murder Mountain on Netflix is very good.  The shows that get the social media hype normally annoy me, but Haunting of House Hill and the movie Bird Box were both very good as well.

We watched Bird Box with the kids last Saturday during the snow storm.  It was pretty good.

I think that for the most part our Netflix account exists so my daughter can watch Friends.  I watch about 6 programs off it a year.

We have our Netflix basically for "The Office" and I like some of the new standup specials they have.

Started watching Moonshiners again. Somewhat disappointing how staged some of it is now but there is just something fascinating about it.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:40 pm

dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

We watched Bird Box with the kids last Saturday during the snow storm.  It was pretty good.

I think that for the most part our Netflix account exists so my daughter can watch Friends.  I watch about 6 programs off it a year.

We have our Netflix basically for "The Office" and I like some of the new standup specials they have.

Started watching Moonshiners again.  Somewhat disappointing how staged some of it is now but there is just something fascinating about it.  
My wife and daughter wanted to start watching the Office, so we watched 4-5 episodes after the Bird Box on Saturday actually.

I was left wondering what the big deal was about honestly.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Yeah...I liked Murder Mountain a lot. Really interesting to see what legal pot has done to the industry.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Vikings
Narcos
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
Ozark
Westworld
Outlander

I watched the first 2 seasons of Vikings and then lost interest. I was a big "Walking Dead" fan but he last season I watched was the one in which Negan murdered Glen in the season premiere. Have not seen the show since. I was disappointed with how House of Cards ended. Felt like they could have done a better job. Given the circumstances, I understand why it seemed so rushed.

Can't wait for GoT...going to be good!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

I watched Bird Box too. It was....ok. I don't see what all the fuss was about. Not awful but I didn't find it particularly compelling. It reminded me of that Mark Walhberg movie with the killer trees.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:37 pm

As far as network TV goes...my favorite show is "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". I also loved the first 2-3 seasons of "Archer" but the last couple have been just OK.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:46 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I watched Bird Box too. It was....ok. I don't see what all the fuss was about. Not awful but I didn't find it particularly compelling. It reminded me of that Mark Walhberg movie with the killer trees.
The Happening.

And I said exactly the same thing while watching it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:02 am

Big E wrote:Narcos Mexico is real good.  Just finished that.  I had watched the previous ones dealing Columbia.  

When my son came home from college this past summer, he got me hooked on Narcos. Last summer it was the Office. other summer it was Blue Mountain State. My youngest daughter visited from Chicago last summer she hooked me on Shameless. During the week I usually watch
NCIS - not as good as it used to be
SEAL Team
Vikings
Old movies
One summer I binged watched all eight seasons of Combat

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by illinipete Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:59 am

No one copping to Monday Night Raw or Total Bellas??? Evil or Very Mad
illinipete
illinipete
I Pete my Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:36 am

illinipete wrote:No one copping to Monday Night Raw or Total Bellas???  Evil or Very Mad
Never seen a second of Divas and quit watching wrestling with any amount of regularity about a year ago. Don't know why, just bores me now. I know it's fashionable to fawn over women's wrestling right now, but man I don't care.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:41 pm

illinipete wrote:No one copping to Monday Night Raw or Total Bellas???  Evil or Very Mad

I still watch RAW occasionally, but between JV football in the fall and for some reason a multitude of Monday basketball games this winter, it's been hard for me to keep track of.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:04 pm

I only allow myself to watch 2 series at a time due to time constraints and those are currently Vikings and goldrush. I can understand the criticism for Vikings, its not a great series, but for an hour a week, I got time for that. and gold rush is my equivalent of deadliest catch. I have seen every episode, the goal is always the same and majority of it is probably for the cameras and not accurate. but whatever I don't care I watch it, its not hard to follow along, and I can do office work while I am watching.

the misses and I just this week started an attempt to spend more kid free time together and started Longmire on Netflix after kids bed. so now were both more tired than ever and its really crappy acting and 100% impossible, but its really likeable and entertaining.

I was also a HUGE fan of Yellowstone. Kevin Costner series about ranchers in Wyoming and IMO it was awesome. happen to feature two musicians I love that no one has heard of. If its accessible out there I highly recommend finding it

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:30 am

"Shameless," I'm not ashamed to say, is great.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next