Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Activity times

+6
mc140
net
OldTitan
wolverine55
Head Idiot
Bighitter11
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Summer Activity times - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Yeah our Soph Class is really talented with Skill kids. Due to the lack of talent in our SR class and numbers in our Junior class we are probably going to lean on quite a few of them on both sides of the ball. I can see 4 or 5 starting just on defense. Small schools have to make it work nobody wins when you make a kid choose. Im at the point where Id be in favor of lifting all summer and only 10 Contact days per Sport
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
net wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Id say between 12-15 Sophs - Seniors

so who wins on saturday? 7on7 or roundball practice?

Pretty Confident Football will win on Saturday.

Its his BS reasoning of "Finding out who is really committed to the program"  talk thats getting old quick.  We are a small school, we have to share athletes and should encourage kids to play multiple sports.  He knew that those dates were taken and accounted for and still put things on the Calendar and try and put kids in an uncomfortable position.  Im sure things are different up at Rich South where he teaches but he isnt winning over many people and making alot of enemys already.  

I put plenty blame on our AD as well for not only allowing this but doing little to nothing about the 30+ contact days he has.  
I think the bad thing is, these idiots, #grinders, etc are becoming the norm in coaching. I think it's part of that old arms race of fear of being out worked, worried about keeping up with the Joneses.

What I don't understand is why kids/parents haven't revolted yet.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:58 pm

dusty7 wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
net wrote:

Its his BS reasoning of "Finding out who is really committed to the program"  talk thats getting old quick.  We are a small school, we have to share athletes and should encourage kids to play multiple sports.  He knew that those dates were taken and accounted for and still put things on the Calendar and try and put kids in an uncomfortable position.  Im sure things are different up at Rich South where he teaches but he isnt winning over many people and making alot of enemys already.  

I put plenty blame on our AD as well for not only allowing this but doing little to nothing about the 30+ contact days he has.  

If I remember correctly you will have pretty solid Sophomore and Junior class for basketball and I would not want to see that talent go to waste.  We preach 3 sport athletes and if a kid quits a sport he never hears the end of it from coaches, teachers, and administration.
If a kid legitimately wants to play a sport, I encourage that as much as possible. I've learned though that if you have to talk to a kid about doing a sport more than a couple times, it's probably not going to be a good situation for anyone to keep pushing it on them. Not everyone is a three sport athlete. Kids deserve some time off too.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
net wrote:

Rich South maybe the biggest dumpster fire of an athletic program in all of Cook County (excluding CPS).

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:59 am

What a piece of work. He has now texted all the basketball players including the ones playing football to start doing Open Gyms. This Bleeping Guy wtf
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2