Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lifting Times Questions?

4 posters

Go down

Lifting Times Questions? Empty Lifting Times Questions?

Post by newcom Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:51 pm

If your school does not have a dedicated lifting class that your team is in, what time or times do you have for your kids the lift during the off-season when school is in session?
Any incentives you offer?
Non sport or in sport Requirements?
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Lifting Times Questions? Empty Re: Lifting Times Questions?

Post by ging Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 pm

newcom wrote:If your school does not have a dedicated lifting class that your team is in, what time or times do you have for your kids the lift during the off-season when school is in session?
Any incentives you offer?
Non sport or in sport Requirements?

asking for a friend?
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:04 pm

I always went about 15 mins after school on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Friday is probably the best day to go for muscle development, but attendance is always a nightmare.  I mean, how many of us don't want to be at the school on a Friday evening when we don't have to be.  So, at CG we went from about 330-430ish.  Depended on the workout how long.

We always did a points system, except for the last couple years when we got into the drafting and team competition stuff everyone was doing.  If I was going to be a HC again we would do points again as I thought it was more effective in getting people to the weight room.  There were incentives built into the points system if you achieved certain % of points available.

There were no requirements for in season athletes, but they were always welcome if they didn't have a practice or game right after school.

If you would like to message me with your email, I'll send you any of the stuff I've made up in the past.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 pm

Before school that's usually only attended by Football.  We have dedicated lifting classes during the day.  After school we have speed work for 45 minutes and lifting for 45-60 minutes.  There's never an excuse NOT to get a lift in with so many options.

As for an incentive, starting after Thanksgiving Break every Friday through the last week of January we do a "finisher" which varies from 10-25 minutes of an intense workout like Navy Seal, MedBall circuit, etc...  I get T-Shirts for every guy/girl who has perfect attendance to them.  The weightroom is supervised by Football and Track staff, but we have a variety of athletes up there from other sports like Baseball and Lacrosse
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down