Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

+42
ging
Vanilla
tincup1215
Huck
morrisfan
niewi 24
wilky
4-4 stack
FanTim
Coach53
Tanglefoot_Jones
lefty120
Pass interference
Pirate
Teetime
center
aksatech
Gridiron Guy
19delta
Horsefeather
mcscot91
OSUBucks
Chukam All
Reggie
FourT4
Mercenary
general maximus
dusty7
tito-landrum
Sammy hagar-2
guerin
Veeman
Big E
mc140
TexFB
OldTitan
net
wolverine55
SIFBCoach7
Head Idiot
Bighitter11
46 posters

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings - Page 26 Empty Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:11 pm

Crappy news. Good luck Coach
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings - Page 26 Empty Re: 2016-17 Head Football Coaching Openings

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:12 pm

footballguy99 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
I should've added district financial restraints to my list.  

I guess I'll use my 9,000th post to let my fellow Turksters know that Sullivan Okaw Valley will be open.  My teaching position is getting RIFed.

Anybody who knows of any Social Studies or Driver Ed teaching jobs who need a football coach in the Central Illinois area, hit a brother up.

I believe Warrensburg-Latham has driver's ed open, but I have heard they have started conducting interviews. It might be worth your while though to call today and see if you can apply, as you have head coaching experience.

Are you not certified in PE? I saw that Sullivan has an anticipated PE position posted.
No PE. Which prevents WL too as that job is primarily PE. I've also heard it is filled, just waiting on board approval.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Head Skin wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:Clinton opens up one year and a week after officially filling last year.

I know just the guy for that job
Enjoy your time in the homeland...

Arent you from Clinton
Besides, I’m enjoying life as a Redskin.  Find a way to win a few games and I’m good barring major administrative turnover or some community changing event.

I guess I'll use my 9,000th post to let my fellow Turksters know that Sullivan Okaw Valley will be open.  My teaching position is getting RIFed.

Anybody who knows of any Social Studies or Driver Ed teaching jobs who need a football coach in the Central Illinois area, hit a brother up.

Terrible that you got the rug pulled out from under you like that. I know you thought you had found a home. In your defense there is no way you could see it coming IMO. The district is not on the watch list and actually has a high financial rating from the state. Not that it helps you now.

Situations like this is why it is so hard to attract some coaches to move. You can show them they will make more money, have a better teaching load, in a decent program and they do not want to move. The security of tenure and seniority is just too much to leave behind.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:56 pm

My biggest worry is the optics of it.  Without an explanation- and I always feel like people doubt you when you try to explain things- it seems like I got RIFed for going 0-9 and being terrible.  Reality is, pretty much everyone involved with the job knew that was going to happen.  40 kids on the team and 29 are fr/so, you're going to lose a lot.

The benefit I have is 2010-2016 where I established, what I think, is a pretty good track record.  If this had happened after the first year of being a HC, it could be a really bad direction for a career.

I thought I was in for the long haul here, but that's not going to happen.  We've got 45+ kids from just Sullivan that have said they're playing and our weight room numbers and maxes were up.  With our schedule next year I thought we might get 3-5 wins and maybe qualify.  That said, I don't know that that progress will continue with ANOTHER turnover here.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Head Skin wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:Clinton opens up one year and a week after officially filling last year.

I know just the guy for that job
Enjoy your time in the homeland...

Arent you from Clinton
Besides, I’m enjoying life as a Redskin.  Find a way to win a few games and I’m good barring major administrative turnover or some community changing event.

Terrible news. I've been there a few times in my career but not as an HC. It worked out that a higher seniority teacher left so I was able to stay. You never know how things will shake out in the future. I'm sure something will open up, especially after Spring Break.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:26 pm

riffing a social studies spot and driver ed? are they riffing any other positions there?

sorry to hear about your job. that sucks.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:41 pm

net wrote:riffing a social studies spot and driver ed? are they riffing any other positions there?

sorry to hear about your job. that sucks.
HS Business teacher too. Riffing our jobs to create an elementary school music teacher (the 3rd music teacher in the district) and a middle math school teacher.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:50 pm

To be honest, I probably should have had an inkling this was going to happen with my schedule the way it is, but it really caught me off guard. I can see the money of it, but it still doesn't make it any easier to accept. My job-
1st Hour- Early US History
2- Prep
3- Classroom Driver Ed
4- BTW
5- Service (me and 1 kid take care of all the district's paper, plastic and card board recycling)
6- Early US
7- BTW

What blows, besides having to find another job and potentially move again, is I agreed to do track this spring because they couldn't find anyone else and now I'm stuck coaching a sport I despise being involved with on a daily basis. Track's an OK sport, don't get me wrong, it's just not my thing and I said when I got out at CG I'd never do it again and my enthusiasm for it hasn't changed.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:09 pm

Head Skin wrote:To be honest, I probably should have had an inkling this was going to happen with my schedule the way it is, but it really caught me off guard.  I can see the money of it, but it still doesn't make it any easier to accept.  My job-
2- Prep
3- Classroom Driver Ed
4- BTW
5- Service (me and 1 kid take care of all the district's paper, plastic and card board recycling)
6- Early US
7- BTW

What blows, besides having to find another job and potentially move again, is I agreed to do track this spring because they couldn't find anyone else and now I'm stuck coaching a sport I despise being involved with on a daily basis.  Track's an OK sport, don't get me wrong, it's just not my thing and I said when I got out at CG I'd never do it again and my enthusiasm for it hasn't changed.

Sorry to hear this HB.  We just riffed 8.8 teachers in my district and 6 part time teachers. In regards to Track, if it's treated as a joke and your team isn't competitive, it's an absolutely awful experience.  But I guess that would be true for any sport
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:45 pm

tincup1215 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:To be honest, I probably should have had an inkling this was going to happen with my schedule the way it is, but it really caught me off guard.  I can see the money of it, but it still doesn't make it any easier to accept.  My job-
2- Prep
3- Classroom Driver Ed
4- BTW
6- Early US
7- BTW

What blows, besides having to find another job and potentially move again, is I agreed to do track this spring because they couldn't find anyone else and now I'm stuck coaching a sport I despise being involved with on a daily basis.  Track's an OK sport, don't get me wrong, it's just not my thing and I said when I got out at CG I'd never do it again and my enthusiasm for it hasn't changed.

Sorry to hear this HB.  We just riffed 8.8 teachers in my district and 6 part time teachers.  In regards to Track, if it's treated as a joke and your team isn't competitive, it's an absolutely awful experience.  But I guess that would be true for any sport
I don't know that it's been treated as a joke, but there is certainly a very vocal group that thinks it should be. If given time, that could be remedied and the job wouldn't be so bad, but with my interest level obviously very low, it just makes it miserable.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:20 pm

Head Skin wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:
2- Prep
3- Classroom Driver Ed
4- BTW
6- Early US
7- BTW

Sorry to hear this HB.  We just riffed 8.8 teachers in my district and 6 part time teachers.  In regards to Track, if it's treated as a joke and your team isn't competitive, it's an absolutely awful experience.  But I guess that would be true for any sport
I don't know that it's been treated as a joke, but there is certainly a very vocal group that thinks it should be.  If given time, that could be remedied and the job wouldn't be so bad, but with my interest level obviously very low, it just makes it miserable.

Track isn't bad as long as you have kids who really want to be good at their events but if they don't care then it is terrible. Especially in May. The only thing worse is Junior High Track.

I've been in that exact position also with the exact same sport. Track was seen as a CLUB not a SPORT. How I remedied the problem... I made the practices very tough, had very strict rules on the bus, made every kid on the team participate in 4 events (regardless or runner/thrower/jumper). After a few meets a few of the kids decided it wasn't for them and we went on and had a pretty decent season. The next few years the numbers dropped but the mentality of what track is changed and we started having some success.

One tip, if you have an assistant coach, try to schedule your interviews late in the day. That way you get out of babysitting...oops I mean practice.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Can teachers who get RIF'd collect unemployment? If so, for how long?

Regarding Sullivan, this is about as dirty as you can do someone. Have fun getting good candidates in the future. I wouldn't take a job at a district like that unless I was really desperate.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:09 pm

19delta wrote:Can teachers who get RIF'd collect unemployment? If so, for how long?

Regarding Sullivan, this is about as dirty as you can do someone. Have fun getting good candidates in the future. I wouldn't take a job at a district like that unless I was really desperate.
Yes you can. Info on how to do so was included in the packet of stuff they handed me with my letter.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Head Unemployed wrote:
19delta wrote:Can teachers who get RIF'd collect unemployment? If so, for how long?

Yes you can.  Info on how to do so was included in the packet of stuff they handed me with my letter.

That’s good. File for it and don’t lose a minute’s sleep for doing so. That’s what it is there for.

Good luck to you. You’re a good coach and you care about kids. You will land on your feet.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:00 am

19delta wrote:
Head Unemployed wrote:

Yes you can.  Info on how to do so was included in the packet of stuff they handed me with my letter.

That’s good. File for it and don’t lose a minute’s sleep for doing so. That’s what it is there for.

Good luck to you. You’re a good coach and you care about kids. You will land on your feet.
As much as it goes against my personal make up, I've contemplated taking it. It apparently does no good to play by the rules, so...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Gridiron Guy Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Benton hired Justin Groves, was an assistant at Marion, had been an assistant at Benton a few years ago.

Mt Vernon promoted Jarod Kessler

Gridiron Guy
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Anybody teach History and wants in at Erie let me know
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Anybody teach History and wants in at Erie let me know
You doing the hiring for that job? Razz
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Well apparently our former Principal is taking over as Supt in Erie and he has been recruiting a certain coach I know who has no intentions of relocating. So I might have some pull or good word to put in.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by coachv31 Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:32 am

Kris Cassie hired at Sandwich

coachv31
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Per a couple different things tweets, Pleasant Plains open. Very surprised at this😳
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Per Twitter-

Arthur-Lovington-Atwood-Hammond coach Dale Schuring was officially not rehired as football and boys' basketball coach by 7-0 votes.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:39 am

wolverine55 wrote:Per a couple different things tweets, Pleasant Plains open.  Very surprised at this😳

yep. brody is going back to school.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Piasa Southwestern open as their HC leaves to become HC at Warrensburg Latham
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:10 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Piasa Southwestern open as their HC leaves to become HC at Warrensburg Latham
Where did you see this?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next