Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bears GM and HC Search

+6
ramblinman
19delta
Teetime
OSUBucks
dusty7
Bighitter11
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bears GM and HC Search - Page 2 Empty Re: Bears GM and HC Search

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:59 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Hey have you heard this before

Ryan and Matt are our Football guys.........

Yes that was a good prediction on your part BH.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:01 pm

19delta wrote:Terrible. There is zero chance that a guy with the last name "Eberflus" will ever win a championship.

😊
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:58 pm

I am going to sit back and trust Eberflus will find an offensive staff. When Dan Quinn was in Atlanta his offense staff was Kyle Shanahan HC SF, Matt LeFleur HC GB, Mike LeFluer OC NYJ and Mike McDaniel OC SF. These coaches have all sorts of connections im sure one of the questions asked in his interview was about who he would like to bring in on that side of ball. Bears will probably burn me but ill give them my hope.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:53 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:I am going to sit back and trust Eberflus will find an offensive staff.  When Dan Quinn was in Atlanta his offense staff was Kyle Shanahan HC SF, Matt LeFleur HC GB, Mike LeFluer OC NYJ and Mike McDaniel OC SF.  These coaches have all sorts of connections im sure one of the questions asked in his interview was about who he would like to bring in on that side of ball.  Bears will probably burn me but ill give them my hope.

They’ve got to get someone in there that can develop Fields. Of course there is some speculation out there that they may trade Fields for a 1st round pick.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:45 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:I am going to sit back and trust Eberflus will find an offensive staff.  When Dan Quinn was in Atlanta his offense staff was Kyle Shanahan HC SF, Matt LeFleur HC GB, Mike LeFluer OC NYJ and Mike McDaniel OC SF.  These coaches have all sorts of connections im sure one of the questions asked in his interview was about who he would like to bring in on that side of ball.  Bears will probably burn me but ill give them my hope.

I am sure he was hired partially because of who he said he is going to be bringing with him. This not a blockbuster hire and that is probably a good thing. The expectations in Chicago are not very high. From what I have heard about Poles, he understands the long-term process of building a strong franchise and what needs to be done to maintain a high level of success, and for me that is where it all starts. If Eberflus has the ability to coach his coaches and not have the high level of turnover that Nagy had, which is one of the reasons he was unsuccessful in my opinion.

To put it simply, Eberflus needs to coach up his coaches, much like Andy Reid, and he will be the most successful Bears coach since Lovie Smith. Which is not saying a lot but is saying something.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:01 pm

Eagles passing game coordinator Kevin Patullo a guy to keep an eye on for the OC position.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:08 pm

Bears reportedly interviewed Pep Hamilton for the OC job today. He would be a good candidate to develop Fields.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:57 pm

Sounds like Luke Getsy, the Packers QB coach and passing game coordinator will be the Bears OC.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:09 am

I am no genius when it comes to NFL coaches beyond HCs and some of the marquee OCs and DCs. But I before this week, I have never heard of Poles, Eberflus, or Getsy. Not saying marquee names will solve the Bears problems but these are all no names to me.

For what it is worth, Dan Dakich is very happy that Eberflus is out of Indy.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:03 pm

Bears are interviewing Joe Brady for the QB coach position. That’s a good hire if they can get him. He did wonders for Joe Burrow at LSU. Also both LB & DB coaches from Colts reportedly coming.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:08 am

So the Bears are just becoming the Colts the past few years? Hearing Desai is gone, sad to see him go. I think he did some great things. Oh well, looking forward to a .500 decade.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:09 pm

Looks like Lovie Smith is getting the HC position for the Texans.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:14 pm

Bears are looking to trade Mack to Chargers in exchange for draft picks. I’m hearing they’ll receive a 2nd rounder this year and a 6th rounder next year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:06 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Bears are looking to trade Mack to Chargers in exchange for draft picks. I’m hearing they’ll receive a 2nd rounder this year and a 6th rounder next year.

That's all????
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:11 pm

ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Bears are looking to trade Mack to Chargers in exchange for draft picks. I’m hearing they’ll receive a 2nd rounder this year and a 6th rounder next year.

That's all????

Yep, I also thought they’d get a bit more than that.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:07 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

That's all????

For those whose memories need jogging, here's what the Bears gave up in 2018 to get Mack and a 2nd round pick in 2020 (which they used to draft Cole Kmet) and a 7th round pick in 2020 (who they wound up cutting): first, third and sixth round picks in 2019, plus a first round pick in 2020.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:21 pm

ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

That's all????

For those whose memories need jogging, here's what the Bears gave up in 2018 to get Mack and a 2nd round pick in 2020 (which they used to draft Cole Kmet) and a 7th round pick in 2020 (who they wound up cutting):  first, third and sixth round picks in 2019, plus a first round pick in 2020.  

I remember, they gave up a ton. Not a bad deal for the Bears but it was a better deal for the Chargers.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:31 pm

I think I they could have got more for Mack if they got rid of him last year. He has played sparingly in the past year and a half and his play leaves a lot to be desired. Other than a game here or there, the Bears did not get a great return on their investment with Mack.

Sucks they didn't get more but Mack is 31 or 32 and near the end of his career. Like I said, if they did this a year ago they probably get more and there is no sense in keeping him at this point. Get tht cap space back and some much needed draft picks.

Is it the best move, no, but a step in the right direction.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:59 am

Lets be honest its a pretty big rebuild to get the Bears in contention. I would say earliest they could be in contention would be 2024. Mack would be 33 at that point. He could have zero trade value and a 30 million cap hit. Cap is going to be up to 256 million in 2 years. I agree you probably could of got a little bit more for him but they now have 2 second round picks. I think they will trade back at one of those spots and possibly pick up some more picks but it now allows them in a deep draft to possibly address a big need pretty early on both the OL and WR.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:18 am

Mack got off to a decent start last year, but coming off the injury combined with how NFL teams guard their draft picks, you could have told me the Bears traded him for just the 6th rounder and I would have believed you.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:21 pm

I’m hearing that the Bears are releasing Eddie Goldman. I don’t know why, guy is 28 years old and is a good run stuffer. I heard that the Bears might be returning to 4 man front. Maybe they view Goldman as strictly a nose man in a 3-4, just speculating.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:27 am

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:54 pm

I love Roquan Smith on the field. He is who I wanted the Bears to draft and he has played really well. Dude needs to get an agent. Held out as a rookie and holding out again had some other off field issues already in young career. I dont blame management at all here. I think they have given him a very good offer and heards rumors Smith's demands are a little crazy. Eberflus has developed some good LB's and assuming can again moving forward if need be.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:58 pm

I agree he needs an agent. If you grade all the players by position he might be their best player. Hate to see him go. On the other hand if he’s traded the Bears would likely get a 1st round pick in return.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:53 pm

Week 1 this week. I dont know how many Wins the Bears get this year but I expect we will see a team that plays hard and competes, an offense that is much better than the Nagy regime. I think they might surprise the national media who has them pegged as a 3 win team.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next