Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus I

+18
gagliardisports247
Dawgdad
dusty7
wolverine55
mc140
19delta
4a(6afornet)north
lefty120
HHSTigerFan2
Pike Bishop
BirdWatcher
net
OldTitan
Teetime
ging
newcom
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
22 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 10 Empty Re: Coronavirus I

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:58 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:07 pm

This is a national crisis...a press conference giving information. This is not a debate. Reporters ask questions, and he gives long, drawn out responses that have NOTHING to do with the question. It’s ridiculous. If this was a debate, yes, it’d be expected. He keeps talking about Governor’s he likes and does not like and whether they kiss his ass to get stuff from him. Why does that matter when people are getting sick at a ridiculous rate and the states need help? This isn’t the 1920’s and Hoover. Why is this guy so dumb to think the states can handle fighting this on their own? I can’t anymore. Our government is screwed and it’s not just the president that’s for sure. But boy oh boy, he’s a part of it.

Oh, and by the way, he just pronounced the ‘s’ in Illinois. I rest my case.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:14 pm

This seems appropriate.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:17 pm

lefty120 wrote:This is a national crisis...a press conference giving information. This is not a debate. Reporters ask questions, and he gives long, drawn out responses that have NOTHING to do with the question. It’s ridiculous.  If this was a debate, yes, it’d be expected. He keeps talking about Governor’s he likes and does not like and whether they kiss his ass to get stuff from him. Why does that matter when people are getting sick at a ridiculous rate and the states need help? This isn’t the 1920’s and Hoover. Why is this guy so dumb to think the states can handle fighting this on their own?  I can’t anymore. Our government is screwed and it’s not just the president that’s for sure. But boy oh boy, he’s a part of it.  

I think a big problem you have is you think there's been a point since WWII that the government actually gave a shit about the people.

They care just enough to get themselves re-elected. No more.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:35 pm

You’re probably right. This whole thing is screwed. And don’t show videos of Biden...every time I start watching him, I half look away for fear he’s going to embarrass himself. He ain’t no good either. Honestly, Warren was probably the most intelligent and well spoken of the bunch. Not sure I liked all she stood for, but she delivered better than any of the others. Just my opinion of course.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:25 pm

lefty120 wrote:Honestly, Warren was probably the most intelligent and well spoken of the bunch. Not sure I liked all she stood for, but she delivered better than any of the others. Just my opinion of course.
She was much more adept at lying. Her entire career is founded on a lie
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:57 am

Probably, but find me someone running for President that wasn’t! 🤦‍�

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:22 am

In listening to Stephe A. Smith and Max Kellerman this morning, the IOC is absolutely evil in that they waited so long to postpone. BTW, I almost never listen to Smith and Kellerman and this morning has been a good reminder of why that is.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:32 am

Head Idiot wrote:
lefty120 wrote:This is a national crisis...a press conference giving information. This is not a debate. Reporters ask questions, and he gives long, drawn out responses that have NOTHING to do with the question. It’s ridiculous.  If this was a debate, yes, it’d be expected. He keeps talking about Governor’s he likes and does not like and whether they kiss his ass to get stuff from him. Why does that matter when people are getting sick at a ridiculous rate and the states need help? This isn’t the 1920’s and Hoover. Why is this guy so dumb to think the states can handle fighting this on their own?  I can’t anymore. Our government is screwed and it’s not just the president that’s for sure. But boy oh boy, he’s a part of it.  

I think a big problem you have is you think there's been a point since WWII that the government actually gave a shit about the people.

They care just enough to get themselves re-elected. No more.

i agree with BOTH of you!

ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:15 pm

wolverine55 wrote:

In listening to Stephe A. Smith and Max Kellerman this morning, the IOC is absolutely evil in that they waited so long to postpone.  BTW, I almost never listen to Smith and Kellerman and this morning has been a good reminder of why that is.

This might get me booted from this board, but Stephen A. has grown on me a bit...purely for entertainment value have you. I hated him at first, but the last year I’ve become more entertained by him for some reason.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:43 pm

I will admit that while I'm still not a huge fan of him, the parting of him and Bayless has proved beneficial for both.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:59 pm

Teetime wrote:For H1N1 the mortality rate was .0002 or two one thousands of one percent

i'm not a math whiz nor an accountant, but shouldn't this be .002?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:53 pm

lefty120 wrote:Probably, but find me someone running for President that wasn’t!  🤦‍�
I don't think Bernie is lying, nor is he real good at it.

Hell, he basically gave Fidel Castro a Valentine on national TV.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:59 pm

😂😂😂 He sure as crap did didn’t he? I’d move somewhere else if I could...this is a shit show. Meanwhile I’m watching trump give his daily briefing. This is where my quarantine has gone...I need to find something else to do with my life! 😩🤦‍�

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:15 pm

net wrote:
Teetime wrote:For H1N1 the mortality rate was .0002 or two one thousands of one percent

You are correct net. You haven't posted in a while. Hope you and your family are all well.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:03 pm

lefty120 wrote:😂😂😂 He sure as crap did didn’t he?  I’d move somewhere else if I could...this is a shit show. Meanwhile I’m watching trump give his daily briefing. This is where my quarantine has gone...I need to find something else to do with my life! 😩🤦‍�
We're getting exactly what our Idiot social media obsessed populace deserves.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:47 pm

net wrote:

No. The number is correct .0002. (12,500 dead from 61 million cases)

The description of the number is wrong. I should have described the death rate from H1N1 as two ten thousandths of one percent.. that only makes my case better. This is way way more deadly than H1N1..

By the way Swine Flu was a pandemic that started right here in the USA. Did the other counties blame us and call it American flu? I don’t remember.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawgdad Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:29 pm

0.0002 is 2 ten thousandths or 0.02%

2 hundredths of a percent.

( or 20 thousandths of a percent)
Dawgdad
Dawgdad
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:58 pm

Dawgdad wrote:0.0002 is 2 ten thousandths or 0.02%  

LMFAO

The point of all that math was that CV-19 is AT LEAST 67 times as deadly as was the H1N1 virus. It was in response to the question of why this new virus was drawing more attention than H1N1. This question:

19delta wrote:Again...how is that different than the seasonal flu?

In 2009, the H1N1 strain, which also was a novel virus, went pandemic and infected almost 61 million Americans, killing over 12,000. There wasn't anywhere near the social upheaval that we are seeing currently.

I took an educated guess on the fatality rate of CV-19, I think it still looks pretty close. That was 1.35%.

I then went on to say that this fatality rate was 67 times higher than the H1N1 fatality rate....that was the point. I think .0135 is still 67 times higher than .0002

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:53 pm

Teetime wrote:

LMFAO

The point of all that math was that CV-19 is AT LEAST 67 times as deadly as was the H1N1 virus. It was in response to the question of why this new virus was drawing more attention than H1N1. This question:

In 2009, the H1N1 strain, which also was a novel virus, went pandemic and infected almost 61 million Americans, killing over 12,000. There wasn't anywhere near the social upheaval that we are seeing currently.

I took an educated guess on the fatality rate of CV-19, I think it still looks pretty close. That was 1.35%.

I then went on to say that this fatality rate was 67 times higher than the H1N1 fatality rate....that was the point. I think .0135 is still 67 times higher than .0002

But it's not 67x more fatal. The only way to get a 1.35 mortality rate in the US is to divide the people who have died of Covid-19 by the total number of CONFIRMED cases. That requires ignoring the fact that there are far more people who are infected with the virus and either recovered or never showed symptoms. It will be years before the scientists have any truly accurate statistics for the pandemic.

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:03 pm

19delta wrote:

But it's not 67x more fatal. The only way to get a 1.35 mortality rate in the US is to divide the people who have died of Covid-19 by the total number of CONFIRMED cases. That requires ignoring the fact that there are far more people who are infected with the virus and either recovered or never showed symptoms. It will be years before the scientists have any truly accurate statistics for the pandemic.

But scientists say...

And they're never wrong...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:49 pm

19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:

LMFAO

Just wanted to add this:

According to the CDC, between April of 2009 and January of 2010, 183,000-378,000 Americans required hospitalization for H1N1. The "mid-level" number they use is 257,000 Americans required hospitalization.

In that same time period, the CDC estimates that 8,000-17,000 Americans died of H1N1 related causes. The "mid-level" number they use is 11,690 Americans who died of H1N1 related causes.

So, if we were to just use the low estimates of deaths (8,000) and the high estimates of hospitalizations (378,000), that is a mortality rate of 2.1%. If we use the mid-level estimates for both deaths and hospitalizations (11,690 and 257,000), the mortality rate skyrockets to 4.5%.

But, of course, those numbers are completely meaningless because they disregard the millions of people who contracted H1N1 and did not require hospitalization. It took the CDC over 2 years to come up with the final statistics for the 2009 H1N1 pandemic.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:12 pm

19delta wrote:But it's not 67x more fatal. The only way to get a 1.35 mortality rate in the US is to divide the people who have died of Covid-19 by the total number of CONFIRMED cases. That requires ignoring the fact that there are far more people who are infected with the virus and either recovered or never showed symptoms. It will be years before the scientists have any truly accurate statistics for the pandemic.

Couldn’t there already be 1000 more deaths that are accounted for as regular flu deaths but are really from CV-19? I mean you nay sayers claim there are 300,000 deaths a year from the regular flu, surely some of those this year were from the new virus. It could be that the current mortality rate is actually 4.05%

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:37 pm

Teetime wrote:
19delta wrote:But it's not 67x more fatal. The only way to get a 1.35 mortality rate in the US is to divide the people who have died of Covid-19 by the total number of CONFIRMED cases. That requires ignoring the fact that there are far more people who are infected with the virus and either recovered or never showed symptoms. It will be years before the scientists have any truly accurate statistics for the pandemic.

Couldn’t there already be 1000 more deaths that are accounted for as regular flu deaths but are really from CV-19? I mean you nay sayers claim there are 300,000 deaths a year from the regular flu, surely some of those this year were from the new virus. It could be that the current mortality rate is actually 4.05%

But there is a much greater sample size on which to estimate deaths from the seasonal flu. For your theory to be true, that would mean that this year's seasonal flu would have to be considerably less lethal than the average seasonal flu.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:14 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content