Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus I

+18
gagliardisports247
Dawgdad
dusty7
wolverine55
mc140
19delta
4a(6afornet)north
lefty120
HHSTigerFan2
Pike Bishop
BirdWatcher
net
OldTitan
Teetime
ging
newcom
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
22 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Coronavirus I - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus I

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:59 pm

Just got an email from Monmouth College saying they've postponed the golf outing until late summer or early fall. It was scheduled for June 12th.

This shit is getting beyond stupid.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Shouldn't today be the 2nd day of the first round of the NCAA tournament?

Yep, one of my favorite weeks of the year. I got the expected email from my gym this morning that they are temporarily closing at 8PM tonight. I just got back from there so I could get one last workout in. Life is going to be even more boring now.
The Governor is going to announce a stay at home order later today. Exceptions are going to gas station, grocery store and pharmacy. People should have been doing this already for the most part.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:24 pm

It sounds like there are quite a few exceptions to the shelter-in-place order. People can still go outside, take a walk, go to the grocery store, pick up medications.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:29 pm

19delta wrote:It sounds like there are quite a few exceptions to the shelter-in-place order. People can still go outside, take a walk, go to the grocery store, pick up medications.

California is allowing that as well as ordering pick up or delivery from restaurants
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:53 pm

We just came back from a trip: 3 dogs, 2 horses, camping in Alabama. The park was full, but everybody pretty much stayed within their own campsites. Didn't really interact on the trail with anyone. Bought takeout pizza in Birmingham to "stimulate the economy."

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:53 pm

We haven't had a lengthy discussion on here about the economic impact of this. Following a 6% decline in the first quarter Goldman Sacs is forecasting an unprecedented 24% decline in the 2nd quarter. They expect a bounce back to 12% in the 3rd quarter and the unemployment rate to be around 9% at the end of the year.
JP Morgan is expecting a 14% GDP decline for the year.
With a lot of small businesses being affected I fear that a lot of the lost jobs will be gone permanently. When 2021 gets here will we be in a deep recession or an economic depression? I'm hoping that the the number of infected people begins to decline in another 4-6 weeks and that we can then get back to a sense of normalcy. We're in uncharted waters though and this virus could extend into Summer. I don't think it will but I don't know that.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:07 pm

OSUBucks wrote:We haven't had a lengthy discussion on here about the economic impact of this. Following a 6% decline in the first quarter Goldman Sacs is forecasting an unprecedented 24% decline in the 2nd quarter. They expect a bounce back to 12% in the 3rd quarter and the unemployment rate to be around 9% at the end of the year.
JP Morgan is expecting a 14% GDP decline for the year.
With a lot of small businesses being affected I fear that a lot of the lost jobs will be gone permanently. When 2021 gets here will we be in a deep recession or an economic depression? I'm hoping that the the number of infected people begins to decline in another 4-6 weeks and that we can then get back to a sense of normalcy. We're in uncharted waters though and this virus could extend into Summer. I don't think it will but I don't know that.

I've brought up the economic impact a couple times. There needs to be some serious Keynesian-on-steroids, New Deal-type programs created.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Just got an email from Monmouth College saying they've postponed the golf outing until late summer or early fall. It was scheduled for June 12th.

This shit is getting beyond stupid.

Yikes, one of the 5Ks I do was cancelled already and it's scheduled for May 3. I thought that was early enough.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:32 pm

19delta wrote:It sounds like there are quite a few exceptions to the shelter-in-place order. People can still go outside, take a walk, go to the grocery store, pick up medications.
I'm still going to work, but the main risk of infection at work is from one of us bringing it in. They're not going to give it to us.

We have to take our temperature when we enter the building for work. There's been rumors we could get locked in for up to 2 weeks, but nothing concrete. Personally, I hope it happens. CHA. CHING.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:37 pm

There's a factory in my neck of the woods that was going to start housing their employees on location. Some would have made $18,000 in two months if that had happened.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:50 pm

wolverine55 wrote:There's a factory in my neck of the woods that was going to start housing their employees on location.  Some would have made $18,000 in two months if that had happened.
I could make that in 14 days if we get locked in...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Kids college tuition...at least help with it.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:23 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

Have you picked out which prisoner you will be sleeping with?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:44 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Have you picked out which prisoner you will be sleeping with?
None. I don't wish to be locked up permanently
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:01 pm

We finally got a microbrew in Fentress County. We're technically still a "dry county" but the owners of the local winery (oldest in TN) got grandfathered in somehow to serve Tennessee-only brewed beers on Thurs, Friday & Saturdays. Obviously, I've been a non-stop Saturday night customer since it opened.

Corona virus has halted their Friday night karaoke (don't wanna share a microphone) and they've "moved the tables farther apart" and cleaned and sanitized out by the fire pit. I guess I'm goin' tonight!!!

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:34 pm

Mortality rates dropping literally by the hour.

Here's a sober and thorough examination of Covid-19 statistics.
https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/evidence-over-hysteria-covid-19-1b767def5894
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:04 pm

There are now reports that China has simply stopped any testing. If china's figures are used in these scholarly studies I'm not sure how reliable any data is.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Teetime wrote:There are now reports that China has simply stopped any testing. If china's figures are used in these scholarly studies I'm not sure how reliable any data is.

China still hasn't come clean on Tienanmen Square...

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Now the Doc's in the American hot spots decided they can't afford to use protective gear doing tests, they need to save it for treatment rooms.

So there might not be meaningful stats out of the US for a while.

It's incredible to me that we cant make protective gear for these medical people fast enough. What the hell happened to our country?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Teetime wrote:Now the Doc's in the American hot spots decided they can't afford to use protective gear doing tests, they need to save it for treatment rooms.

So there might not be meaningful stats out of the US for a while.

It's incredible to me that we cant make protective gear for these medical people fast enough. What the hell happened to our country?
The politicians let it move to China the past 30 years.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:05 pm

Trump is jumping the gun here. I think that we need to stick to our shelter in place initiatives at least thru April, maybe a bit longer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-signals-growing-skepticism-about-coronavirus-lockdown/ar-BB11Al2B
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Trump doesn’t know what he wants. I’ve taken time the last two days to watch his afternoon Cornavirus updates...oh my god! He is such a freakin clown! It’s embarrassing. I can’t barely talk about him without swearing. Agree or disagree with them, at least our previous run of Presidents could speak fairly intelligently in front of people and didn't just make stuff up.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:47 pm

lefty120 wrote:Trump doesn’t know what he wants. I’ve taken time the last two days to watch his afternoon Cornavirus updates...oh my god!  He is such a freakin clown!  It’s embarrassing. I can’t barely talk about him without swearing. Agree or disagree with them, at least our previous run of Presidents could speak fairly intelligently in front of people and didn't just make stuff up.
Did you ever see Obama speak without a teleprompter?

W is infamous for screwing up regular words.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:50 pm

We can agree to disagree. He has yet to actually answer a question that was asked of him in the last two days. Par for the course with any other press conference.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:58 pm

lefty120 wrote:We can agree to disagree.  He has yet to actually answer a question that was asked of him in the last two days. Par for the course with any other press conference.
Do you watch debates? They never answer questions.

This isn't just a Trump thing.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next