Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fat man challenge

+29
OldTitan
Tanglefoot_Jones
Coach53
general maximus
Horsefeather
crusader
guerin
Ghengis Khan
OSUBucks
19delta
moxy
center
TexFB
jim beam
pff
4a(6afornet)north
tincup1215
Teetime
net
BirdWatcher
leatherneck02
khalfie
newcom
Head Idiot
ging
wolverine55
firdog
wilky
33 posters

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Go down

fat man challenge - Page 11 Empty Re: fat man challenge

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 pm

wilky wrote: if i can get down 40 lbs from jan 2 til march 16th i wont even be mad if i dont win

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is all done on the honor system.

You don't stand a chance.
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:20 pm

no its not on the honor system for the one i am in. we will all know what we weight in at, at the time of weigh in.

I have gained ~2lbs since last check in, but feel this plateau is almost over and can start shedding again. I am working out and have added resistence to my cardio so that may explain it. My belt says im getting smaller but my scale says the opposite. i either need to poop more or im gaining muscle mass. tbd

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Let me think....

Wilky is either muscular, or full of shit?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:37 pm

very well played

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:04 pm

down 24.2, losing at a snails pace but maintaining and getting skinnier.

i havent had a meal ive enjoyed really since nye and the wife has us going out for vtines day. if i cant get 220 even (-29.2) then im only allowing myself a salad that day. should be decent motivation cause this place were going has good food and i want to partake in its glory.

so no real good news, but not going backwards so trying to be optamistic.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:16 am

Desperation hasn't really set in for me yet this year as my goal is much more modest this time around--be 230 by IC Homecoming in October. At best, I'll be down another pound or two when I post my weight later this week.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:01 am

<<< STOLEN FROM THE DILBERT BLOG >>>

I thought appropriate for BWFMC

Death by Food by Scott Adams
Years ago I designed a video game that featured Dilbert trying to catch various food types - from pork chops to ice cream cones - in his mouth as those foods fell from the sky. The object of the game was to maneuver Dilbert away from the unhealthy foods that would kill him and toward the healthy choices that gave him immortality. The game was a promotional gimmick for my ill-fated Dilberito product - a burrito with all of the vitamins and minerals you need for the day. I was hoping parents and schools would use the free video game to get young kids interested in nutrition. I paid a company to build the game in Flash, and it came out well. But it didn't become viral as I hoped. I'd provide a link to the game but even I can't find it now.

Time passes. Now I have an improved vision of this game but no incentive to build it myself. So instead I will set the idea free and hope someone else does.

The improved version of the game is a first-person shooter in which you use various food types to smite bad guys who have different food allergies and preferences. When you fling food at an enemy, it automatically goes down that person's throat and causes a comical and instant reaction. Fire a jug of milk at an enemy that is lactose intolerant and the target instantly bloats and craps his brains out. Fire a steak at a vegetarian and the victim will writhe and puke. Fire multiple cupcakes at a skinny guy and he instantly fattens up and dies of a stroke. Fire wheat bread at an enemy with gluten issues. . . and so on. I think you'd find a dozen or so foods that make good weapons. I would steer clear of peanuts though, because peanut allergies aren't funny.

The challenge of the game is in quickly picking the right food to thwart any particular enemy. The enemies would need to have some sort of identifiers for their weaknesses. And perhaps you, as the shooter, need to replenish your food supplies by breaking into homes and raiding refrigerators.

Let's say that you as the shooter also need to keep your energy and health intact by eating the best diet possible. So sometimes you have to choose between eating the ammo (the food you found), or firing it. Your goal is to achieve just the right calorie count for yourself while getting a balanced diet and the right mix of vitamins and minerals. If you eat poorly, you eventually get fat and die. But even in the short run a bad diet will make you slower and less fit.

I'm attracted to this idea because it's a good way to teach kids about the power of proper nutrition and the dangers of food allergies. And if you make the targets' reactions to being hit somewhat comical, in an inappropriate way - such as instantly crapping out his body weight and collapsing face-down in the pile - kids would want to play it all day long. The game needs just enough wrongness to trick kids into learning something.

My hypothesis is that a kid who spends hundreds of hours playing a game about nutrition will develop a good sense for how much food he can eat every day without getting fat, and which foods are necessary for a balanced diet. That feels important.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Figured I'd go ahead and post today as the 14th is halfway for February. I am down one more pound to 259. Lowest I've been since back in August and down 6 on the calendar year. Down 74 from my alltime high. Hopefully, I can keep losing weight and look better so I can stop spending Valentine's Day alone!!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:23 am

i got a bad news good news scenario

I wanted to be down to 220 by vtines so i could have a cheat day. but that is the bad news and i only got to 222. so i didnt eat the enormous steak like i wanted to i had salad, green beans, and salmon. between drinks and that meal i managed to lose weight on the day. down to 221.6 ( 27.6 overall), the goal to get down to 215 by march isnt out of the question but will certainly be hard.

I havent worked out in over a week either which is the kicker, although i am putting 4-6 hours a day in on my garage above regular work hours so i guess that is helping to counter it.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 am

Are you building a garage?

Because if you are just out there 4-6 hours a day killing time I'm going to say you moved in next door to Cru.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:13 pm

garage was there, i have wired, heated, insulated, plywooded, trimmed, painted, etc. want it to be "more useable" although i have yet to decide what i am gonna use it for.

i do have an industrial vent that i am strongly considering installing (i watch while a professional does that) in the attic so that I can cook indoors, but may be too much negative pressure so that plan may be scrapped

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm still heavier than I want to be, but I am getting my fitness level back to where I was last summer. The last four times I've ran, I've made it at least 7 miles and even made it 8 miles on one of these runs. Due to my schedule this semester, weight lifting is getting sacrificed a bit. I'm on a lifting plan that calls for three workouts a week and then you do something else the next week. It goes in a sequenced order, and I just now did a workout that I was supposed to be at two weeks ago. Oh well, emphasis is on my running right now anyway!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 am

update, i have breeched the 220 mark for the first time in probably 3 to 4 years. so that is the good news. weight is dropping alot slower then i would like, but then again im not doing the cardio i would like to either with garage wrapping up (which is turning into a splendipherous man cave).

the goal is still to be 215 by march, which means i need to lose 6 and change in the next week, which doesnt seem likely but something to shoot for.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by #35 Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:32 am

This month has SUCKED. I knew a snag had to be somewhere, and this is it.

February has always been a killer for me: depression when it comes to all things love related, as well as a overwhelming work load for both job and website. Had a horrible week down in Bloomington-Normal covering State Final events this weekend. These things combined to put me back up to 315 tonight. There are simply too many things in my "in" box that can't be put off or else I'll forget permanently. I know full well that getting back on track in health is one of them.

Right now I just want to clean my house, take out my trash/recycleables, shovel my sidewalk, update my ledger and write a couple of girls basketball and wrestling articles before the freshness turns rotten. And get some sleep (7 hours total in the past 4 days) too. Maybe then I can clear the way to make a trip to the gym.

Oh, and find someone to take a look at my car's coolant leak.

Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by #35 Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Back down to 310 this morning.

Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:12 am

#35 wrote:Back down to 310 this morning.

So, when the big "break 300" goal party?

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by #35 Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:35 am

When the NISB hiatus begins. Or if my b-ball teams somehow have an epic collapse at Supers. Or sooner than that: I look to have everything at home caught up by Friday, afterwhich I can utilize more free time to exercise purposes.

No, seriously, I am going on another hiatus no later than March 18. Earlier if my teams wind up losing.

What do you do at a "break 300" goal party? Obviously no eating Very Happy

Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 am

#35 wrote:What do you do at a "break 300" goal party?
Dress up like Spartans and kick the shit out of stuff.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:37 am

Nothing new for me to report. I made to 259 on my last posting, but have fluctuated between that number and 262 ever since.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:50 am

my end of month report is 218.4 which is down 30.8. Hit my realistic goal and didnt hit my not so realistic goal.

New goal for march 16, when my weight competition is up, will be to weigh in at -40. that means 17 days to get to 209.2

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:10 pm

down to 214.2 which is down 35 overall. all the marbles on the line for my competition on saturday so i am going kinda drastic the last 3 days. gonna try to do only dliuted fruit juice for 48 hours, followed by ~24hrs of low liquid prior to weigh in. i know this last three days will do nothing for sustainable weight loss, but to win a grand im willing to shed water weight in order to have a good weigh in.

saturday will be a alot of food for me since i have a party out of town, and then its back to the grind sunday.

will update next week if/what i won from the competition

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:56 pm

I would be happy to remove one of your legs.

What do you win? $1000?

I get half, you get half.
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:58 am

Nothing to see here--still hanging out in the 260 range. Still not discouraged as this is almost 75 pounds below my alltime high, but only five or so pounds down on this calendar year.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum