Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

football - do not open if you are tired of it

+11
ramblinman
19delta
wilky
wolverine55
tps
Pike Bishop
OldTitan
Bighitter11
tincup1215
net
Doctor D
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

football - do not open if you are tired of it Empty football - do not open if you are tired of it

Post by Doctor D Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:43 am

Poke the tiger
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime, tincup1215, ramblinman and net like this post

Back to top Go down

football - do not open if you are tired of it Empty Re: football - do not open if you are tired of it

Post by net Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:18 am

no sh!t. wth happened here?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

football - do not open if you are tired of it Empty Re: football - do not open if you are tired of it

Post by tincup1215 Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:09 am

net wrote:no sh!t. wth happened here?

I'm guessing TPS broke to many community guidelines on Facebook so he decided to start and keep alive a 33 page thread on Politics on a High School Football Message Board was a good idea.  Should have been banned and/or thread deleted pronto.  No one wants to read that garbage when looking for weekly scores or info on football.  Not sure we have any active mods left here though
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Teetime and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:51 am

Week 6 already season is flying by again
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:10 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Week 6 already season is flying by again

Some pretty big games this week in the smaller classes around the state. Morris/R-B, Marian/L-W, Wilmington/R-C, Prairie Cent/PBL...

I know there are some SHG folks here. Hearing rumblings that SHG might drop to 3A along with Richmond-Burton and make 3A maybe as tough as it’s been since the 8 class system.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:30 pm

Doctor D wrote:

Some pretty big games this week in the smaller classes around the state.  Morris/R-B, Marian/L-W, Wilmington/R-C, Prairie Cent/PBL...

I know there are some SHG folks here.  Hearing rumblings that SHG might drop to 3A along with Richmond-Burton and make 3A maybe as tough as it’s been since the 8 class system.

predict those 4 games, dr. d.

3a was already tough enough with eic.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:35 pm

net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:

Some pretty big games this week in the smaller classes around the state.  Morris/R-B, Marian/L-W, Wilmington/R-C, Prairie Cent/PBL...

I know there are some SHG folks here.  Hearing rumblings that SHG might drop to 3A along with Richmond-Burton and make 3A maybe as tough as it’s been since the 8 class system.

I’ll go with Morris, Lena, Prairie Cent, and I can’t pick against my alma mater so Wilmo (but Braidwood is really good this year)
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:52 pm

Doctor D wrote:
net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:

I’ll go with Morris, Lena, Prairie Cent, and I can’t pick against my alma mater so Wilmo (but Braidwood is really good this year)

who've you seen play this year?

did you pick rb over normal west?

and back to your original post on here, shg is the 5th largest school in 3a. Rolling Eyes
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:39 pm

net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:
net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:

and back to your original post on here, shg is the 5th largest school in 3a. Rolling Eyes

I mean no offense.  I’m just glad to see some football chat.  I don’t know what SHG actual enrollment is, I guess I could look I it up, but I know they haven’t been 3A for a long time.  Everyone seems to have shifted down with all the programs that have went to 8 man or otherwise no longer play.  Point is that 3A is shaping up to have more than usual traditional “name brand” programs.  It happens.  I know in years past, consensus was sometimes 4A was tougher than 5A, etc… I’m just a dumb ass football enthusiast and my alma mater seems to be solidly headed towards 2A.  

I’ve seen Wilmington and their opponents so far.  I’ve seen Morris.  I watched JCA vs IC and a bit of JCA/Providence.  Both those games were great.  It’s nice that many schools have a pretty good stream on YouTube.
Although I didn’t see it, R-B win over Normal West was impressive given the sizes of the two schools.

Edit: saw the ihsa.org playoff outlook with SHG currently listed in 4A with 607 enrollment. On the 3A/4A bubble I guess - depending how the next month plays out.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:13 pm

The new playoff outlook is a lot more reasonable with the population divisions for classes. Closer to where I think they will likely end up.

In other football related news - How about Mt. Vernon?! The return of Mings!
Mount Vernon
2016-17 0 9 Mark Goodheart
2017-18 0 9 Mark Goodheart
2018-19 3 6 Jarod Kessler
2019-20 0 9 Jarod Kessler
2021-22 0 9 Greg Graves

2022 4-1 with a big win over Marion last week!
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:53 pm

My homer picks of Morris and Wilmo didn’t work out —- not even close.  Wilmo running clocked for first time since 1999 against PJ Fleck
Edit it was 1998, my bad
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:26 am

Doctor D wrote:
net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:
net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:

I mean no offense.  I’m just glad to see some football chat.  I don’t know what SHG actual enrollment is, I guess I could look I it up, but I know they haven’t been 3A for a long time.  Everyone seems to have shifted down with all the programs that have went to 8 man or otherwise no longer play.  Point is that 3A is shaping up to have more than usual traditional “name brand” programs.  It happens.  I know in years past, consensus was sometimes 4A was tougher than 5A, etc… I’m just a dumb ass football enthusiast and my alma mater seems to be solidly headed towards 2A.  

I’ve seen Wilmington and their opponents so far.  I’ve seen Morris.  I watched JCA vs IC and a bit of JCA/Providence.  Both those games were great.  It’s nice that many schools have a pretty good stream on YouTube.
Although I didn’t see it, R-B win over Normal West was impressive given the sizes of the two schools.

Edit: saw the ihsa.org playoff outlook with SHG currently listed in 4A with 607 enrollment.  On the 3A/4A bubble I guess - depending how the next month plays out.

no offense taken at all. if we go 3a, every anti-private school hater will jump all over this. that's why the eyeball emoji.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and Doctor D like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:35 pm

net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:
net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:
net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:

Edit: saw the ihsa.org playoff outlook with SHG currently listed in 4A with 607 enrollment.  On the 3A/4A bubble I guess - depending how the next month plays out.

no offense taken at all. if we go 3a, every anti-private school hater will jump all over this. that's why the eyeball emoji.

I have been on both sides of this argument in my career. I stopped a long time ago debating it because its like the political arguments on this forum, you are not going to change anyone's mind. Being just a minion I just prepare my kids for who we have to play because that is all I can control. Of course NET, playing you guys x2 a season sells an awful lot of tickets

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:27 pm

Definitely didn’t want to start that old debate. I was going more in the direction of one or two of the highest rated 4A teams possibly dropping into 3A and only one of them is private.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:47 pm

Le-win 54
Woodstock - Marian Cent Catholic 7
This surprised me.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:17 pm

tps wrote:Le-win 54
Woodstock - Marian Cent Catholic 7
This surprised me.

let's go brandon no affect? lol.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime, tincup1215 and Doctor D like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:32 am

I still check in and read the board once a week and glad I came across this thread. I'm very happy for Coach Mings. For those who don't know--or have forgotten--I was an assistant coach under him for one year in 2005. We went 11-1 and made the quarters.

I will say I talked to Coach Mings at the STL Glazier back in February and he seemed confident he could get things going again. That being said, I can't imagine he expected a 5-1 start given the recent history.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:42 am

OldTitan wrote:The new playoff outlook is a lot more reasonable with the population divisions for classes. Closer to where I think they will likely end up.

In other football related news -  How about Mt. Vernon?! The return of Mings!
Mount Vernon
2016-17 0 9 Mark Goodheart
2017-18 0 9 Mark Goodheart
2018-19 3 6 Jarod Kessler
2019-20 0 9 Jarod Kessler
2021-22 0 9 Greg Graves

2022 4-1 with a big win over Marion last week!

Looks like they have to forfeit 2 wins

https://www.section618.com/2022/10/06/mt-vernon-forced-to-forfeit-pair-of-wins/
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:44 am

*Facepalm*

How does this still happen?
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:12 pm

tincup1215 wrote:*Facepalm*

How does this still happen?  

Agreed. Terrible shame. They might not make the playoffs now, because of an administrative mistake.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:15 am

And....Mount Vernon loses to Cahokia in O.T.

They are 3-4 officially and have 5-2 Centralia and 7-0 Mount Carmel remaining. Not an impossible task, but tough road for sure.

How about Richmond-Burton? 7-0 with 35 playoff points!
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Doctor D likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:38 pm

Richmond-Burton, what an outstanding program…

I thought their game against Morris would be great, but the Rockets just dominated.
The 4A bracket this year looks like it will be very fun to watch as it plays out. Loaded.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:12 pm

I went to my first football game this year. Meet the family in athens to watch my nephew who plays for new berlin. Athens is a load and from what I could tell have a ton of non senior starters. I would think they have a chance in 1a the next two years.

What a facility they have. Very nice football field and area. I also think its cool they kept real grass when getting a new field.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:32 am

Tried to predict classes yesterday. I have us barely going 4A (Mahomet-Seymour pop. 943.5). It really is close.

I guess the rise of 8-man football is really pushing class populations up....
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:00 pm

My kid is playing D3 ball at Loras in Dubuque. We have greatly enjoyed getting to watch him play.

Regarding high school ball, the big story up here is Lena-Winslow. This might be the best team they have ever had and that includes the teams that had a couple Big 10 players on it. I think they could compete with anyone 1a-3a.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime, OSUBucks, Doctor D and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next