Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decatur St.Teresa ousted...

+4
OSUBucks
dusty7
ramblinman
guerin
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Decatur St.Teresa ousted... Empty Decatur St.Teresa ousted...

Post by guerin Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:00 pm

From the CIC conference by a vote of 6-1.

Sullivan abstained from voting due to their leaving the CIC to join another league.

Where does St.Teresa end up?
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down

Decatur St.Teresa ousted... Empty Re: Decatur St.Teresa ousted...

Post by ramblinman Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:31 pm

guerin wrote:From the CIC conference by a vote of 6-1.

Sullivan abstained from voting due to their leaving the CIC to join another league.

They are welcome in the NIPL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these the same schools that ditched the Okaw Valley rather than stay in a conference with M-F?

Guess it's okay for Tuscola to dominate that conference but not St T.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:58 pm

ramblinman wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these the same schools that ditched the Okaw Valley rather than stay in a conference with M-F?

You are correct. S(hi)t. Teresa left in hopes of leaving the M-Fers behind and to make it easier on them to win. Now they run the tables for a few years in the CIC and are now crying foul.

My guess is they end up in the IllinI Prairie with SJO, Monticello, and Tolono or they go private with QND.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

guerin and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:34 pm

So basically St T was too good at football and as a result was kicked out. Further evidence of the pussification of America? 😉
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

guerin and ramblinman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:37 pm

dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

You are correct. S(hi)t.Teresa left in hopes of leaving the M-Fers behind and to make it easier on them to win.  Now they run the tables for a few years in the CIC and are now crying foul.  

My guess is they end up in the IllinI Prairie with SJO, Monticello, and Tolono or they go private with  QND.  

Which has been the more dominant program in the CIC overall? I realize that St T has been dominant recently, but Tuscola may well have a similar or better conference winning percentage since the conference was formed.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:40 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Yes, and we both know the reason don’t we RM? Tuscola is a public school.

You are correct. S(hi)t.Teresa left in hopes of leaving the M-Fers behind and to make it easier on them to win.  Now they run the tables for a few years in the CIC and are now crying foul.  

My guess is they end up in the IllinI Prairie with SJO, Monticello, and Tolono or they go private with  QND.  

Which has been the more dominant program in the CIC overall? I realize that St T has been dominant recently, but Tuscola may well have a similar or better conference winning percentage since the conference was formed.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:42 pm

We both know the reason RM. St T is a private school.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:18 pm

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

That is probably so but I am sure there are other issues at play rather than just football given that they offered to leave just for football and were still booted. .  St. T tends to be cocky and likes to run up the score. Outscored their opponents 474-61 in the last 9 conference games.  It's one thing to win but to run up the score like that, you will create some enemies. I bet this year you will see even more lopsided scores if St. T. is as good as they were last season.  
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:07 am

As far as running up the score does anyone know if St T keeps their starters in into the 4th quarter in games they have huge leads?
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:15 am

Let's not sugar coat it - it's because the St. T, team looks different than when they entered the league. Their A.D. commented in a newspaper article that they were referred to continually in the meeting as the Macon County all-stars. I have never heard of a team getting voted out of a conference before. He sounded like he was surprised by the vote. Puts St. T in a difficult spot - probably going independent.

For those who complain about it being all about football - conference realignment is always about football. It's the only sport where conference does matter.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:27 pm

OldTitan wrote: I have never heard of a team getting voted out of a conference before.

Happened to Sterling a few years ago, but it wasn't as overt as "voting them out".  Basically some member schools of the NIB12 started a new conference and didn't invite Sterling.  And it was 100% because of football, in spite of what some of the schools claimed.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:56 pm

OldTitan wrote:Let's not sugar coat it - it's because the St. T, team looks different than when they entered the league. Their A.D. commented in a newspaper article that they were referred to continually in the meeting as the Macon County all-stars. I have never heard of a team getting voted out of a conference before. He sounded like he was surprised by the vote. Puts St. T in a difficult spot - probably going independent.

For those who complain about it being all about football - conference realignment is always about football. It's the only sport where conference does matter.

You are 100% correct and this is true at the college level as well.  This is why many states use a districting system for football but they also use the districting system for all sports.  I wonder if the IHSA would ever look at doing this for all sports.  In the last proposal for the football district, some of the districts were ridiculous largely because of the inclusion of CPS.  I think our district was mostly CPS schools and Peotone and it definitely ruined the natural rivalries different schools have and that is why I don't think it was approved. If we were placed in a district with CPS it would kill our program due to lack of lower-level games and having to play in Chicago at very odd times.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:27 pm

CPS schools should just play in the prep bowl playoffs except for the few handful of schools that seem to really care or compete.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

OSUBucks and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:47 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:CPS schools should just play in the prep bowl playoffs except for the few handful of schools that seem to really care or compete.

I think about everyone here would agree with this unless you enjoy seeing running clock games by halftime.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:23 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:CPS schools should just play in the prep bowl playoffs except for the few handful of schools that seem to really care or compete.

Seems pretty dismissive to me.

If you are going to tell or ask those schools to not participate in the IHSA playoffs, then what about the 22 non-CPL schools that were running clocked in round 1 this year? Why are they welcome to compete and be destroyed but not CPL schools?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:29 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

I think about everyone here would agree with this unless you enjoy seeing running clock games by halftime.

I think it's pretty clear that I don't enjoy mismatches of any kind, but neither do I want to deny kids the opportunity to play in the playoffs simply because their schools qualify but suck relative to most of the other schools in their playoff class.

Just keep in mind that the end product that you and Bighitter are after would be at least partially achieved if the classes were more competitively balanced than they are now.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:27 am

ramblinman wrote:

If you are going to tell or ask those schools to not participate in the IHSA playoffs, then what about the 22 non-CPL schools that were running clocked in round 1 this year? Why are they welcome to compete and be destroyed but not CPL schools?

I didnt say CPL schools couldnt compete in the postseason I said they should just compete in the CPL Playoffs.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:43 am

I have had the opportunity to coach against 2 CPL schools in my career. Both games were over by the beginning of the first quarter. I cannot say that about any other playoff game that I have ever coached.

This year we won 55-0 and had a total of 251 yards. We had 3 drives that were under 20 yards, and they punted on 2 of those 3 drives.

The level of play by CPL is not even close to the level to make the playoffs. I agree with Hitter, let them play in the CPL playoffs, they would probably enjoy that more anyway.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:48 am

Dont some schools somehow play in both? Not sure how the whole CPL playoff works. Declare which playoff system you want to take part in. Im the Chicago Phillips, Simeon and few select others would still compete in IHSA playoffs.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:54 am

Bighitter11 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

I didnt say CPL schools couldnt compete in the postseason I said they should just compete in the CPL Playoffs.  

I know you didn't say that. But, by saying that they should just compete in the CPL playoffs, you are also saying that you want them out of the IHSA playoffs.  That is very hard to accomplish if the CPL doesn't do that voluntarily.  They are member schools of the IHSA just like all the others.  The IHSA can't ask them to remove themselves voluntarily from something in which they are entitled to participate, nor can the IHSA unilaterally remove them.

Last edited by ramblinman on Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:03 am

dusty7 wrote:I have had the opportunity to coach against 2 CPL schools in my career.  Both games were over by the beginning of the first quarter. I cannot say that about any other playoff game that I have ever coached.

Were you coaching there in 2015?  https://www.shawlocal.com/2015/10/31/wilmington-overpowers-peoria-heights-in-first-round-football-win/amffgmo/  35-7 after the first quarter and 55-7 at the half. How about the year before than when you crushed PBL 49-7 in the playoffs? PBL got only four first downs...two of which were by penalties. 374 total yards of offense to 37. That game might not have been over in Q1, but the level of domination seems pretty total.

dusty7 wrote:The level of play by CPL is not even close to the level to make the playoffs. I agree with Hitter, let them play in the CPL playoffs, they would probably enjoy that more anyway.  

So, no Phillips?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:15 am

ramblinman wrote:
dusty7 wrote:I have had the opportunity to coach against 2 CPL schools in my career.  Both games were over by the beginning of the first quarter. I cannot say that about any other playoff game that I have ever coached.

Were you coaching there in 2015?  https://www.shawlocal.com/2015/10/31/wilmington-overpowers-peoria-heights-in-first-round-football-win/amffgmo/  35-7 after the first quarter and 55-7 at the half.  How about the year before than when you crushed PBL 49-7 in the playoffs?  PBL got only four first downs...two of which were by penalties.  374 total yards of offense to 37.  That game might not have been over in Q1, but the level of domination seems pretty total.

dusty7 wrote:The level of play by CPL is not even close to the level to make the playoffs. I agree with Hitter, let them play in the CPL playoffs, they would probably enjoy that more anyway.  

So, no Phillips?

No, I was not coaching Wilmington in those years.

I would say if a team wants to play in the IHSA and not the CPL then they can choose to play.  Other than Phillips, who may not be as competitive in the near future, I don't see many wanting to play in the IHSA.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:51 am

dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Were you coaching there in 2015?  https://www.shawlocal.com/2015/10/31/wilmington-overpowers-peoria-heights-in-first-round-football-win/amffgmo/  35-7 after the first quarter and 55-7 at the half.  How about the year before than when you crushed PBL 49-7 in the playoffs?  PBL got only four first downs...two of which were by penalties.  374 total yards of offense to 37.  That game might not have been over in Q1, but the level of domination seems pretty total.

So, no Phillips?

No, I was not coaching in those years.

I'm having difficulty following your train of thought here.  On the one hand, you want to exclude CPL from the playoffs because they are uncompetitive.  On the other hand, you want to preserve a playoff system that does nothing to address the competitive gulf that exists between the haves and have nots of those who do qualify.  Keep in mind that if you eliminated the 22 CPL qualifiers from this year's playoffs, then you would have been forced to qualify 1 more 5-4 team and 21 4-5 teams to replace them since there was only one 5-4 team that failed to qualify this year.  Be careful what you wish for.

If what you really mean is that there are too many qualifiers, I'm all for tossing around the concepts of reducing the number of classes or reducing the number of qualifiers per class.

Last edited by ramblinman on Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:59 am

My Train of thought is CPL has their own playoffs unless the select few Phillips etc want to take part in the IHSA playoffs. Drop to 7 Classes and if the IHSA wants to make 8 man officially a part of State Series pull them in then.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:31 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:My Train of thought is CPL has their own playoffs unless the select few Phillips etc want to take part in the IHSA playoffs.  Drop to 7 Classes and if the IHSA wants to make 8 man officially a part of State Series pull them in then.

Ramblin....this is my train of thought ^^^^^^^^
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum