Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turk's has lost its way

+8
Cyclone1
ramblinman
guerin
net
dusty7
Shredder02
OSUBucks
ging
12 posters

Go down

Turk's has lost its way Empty Turk's has lost its way

Post by ging Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:27 am

Not sure why, how, or when, but this online community has clearly become a shell of its former self. I suppose we are all to blame. We've all let it go to hell.  

I'd love to see a return to football talk, good-natured ribbing, fat man challenge posts, etc.

So, with that in mind, I'm about to post football-related content in another thread.

Keep the faith, fellow turksters!
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime, general maximus, OSUBucks, net and Shredder02 like this post

Back to top Go down

Turk's has lost its way Empty Re: Turk's has lost its way

Post by OSUBucks Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:54 pm

I think you’ve got a point ging. Maybe we’ve gotten a bit too political and less sports oriented. With the season starting a week from today hopefully we can have more HS football talk.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

ging likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Shredder02 Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:05 pm

Most people don't use message boards like they used to back in the day. From a fan perspective all the conference realignments we have seen in the last ten years doesn't help.

Shredder02

ging and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:46 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I think you’ve got a point ging. Maybe we’ve gotten a bit too political and less sports oriented. With the season starting a week from today hopefully we can have  more HS football talk.

I'm probably at fault as much as anybody but I have learned a lot from the COVID and Political discussions, especially from Teetime and Ramblin. I respect everyone on this board and I respect everyone's opinions. I may not agree with them but I will always respect an individual who will take the time to research and support their opinion. But I'll be honest, without a football game to prepare for, Turks became my competition. And the banter with Tee, OSU, and Ramblin, have made me a more informed person and made me reassess some of my opinions as well. They may not have changed but I have thought deeply about them, there is no doubt about that. I hope I did the same for others as well. I will never attack an individual for who they are and one of the reasons I love this board is I have never felt attacked. Sure I have had to reassess my opinions but that's the great part of being challenged. I see the flaws in my opinions and my arguments and it's helps me understand those that disagree with me and helps me better understand this screwed up world we are living in.

I do think the conference alignment along with the increase use of Twitter and other social media have decreased the use of message boards. Also, many of the OGs are no longer with us or are not as involved with football. Some have left because they could not handle the disagreements. But now that we have football, let's focus on football but I think a discussion on things that are bigger than football are welcome but should not dominate the board.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime, ging and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:27 pm

i disagree. we can't do football only(i wish). i'm going to try some fun topics soon for us to enjoy. that's why i started the 'change cup' topic.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Non football related.

I have a 6 month old baby boy 👶
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Teetime, ging and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:41 pm

congrats geurin!!!
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

guerin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:20 pm

guerin wrote:Non football related.

Mazel tov! Turk's has lost its way 1f389
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

guerin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyclone1 Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:34 pm

I like some of the non football banter, however I think the political garbage needs to stop. I have to put up with it everywhere else due to my position. This is the one place I came to that was free of it, until the past year. I hope we can get back to the friendly nonpolitical banter as before.

ALSO: to all the coaches out there, good luck in your upcoming season, and be safe.
Cyclone1
Cyclone1
Bee-otch

Teetime and ging like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Veeman Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:08 pm

Been a while since I've been here with you guys, and maybe I should return to see what's up.

Here's something for you: did you know that Eastside (ESL) is just two wins short of 800?

Veeman
Bee-otch

http://www.illinoishsglorydays.com

Teetime and ging like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:28 am

I agree with the Cyclone Im about Politic and Covid out.

First off to all the fellow football coaches Best of Luck this fall hope you all enjoy yourself.

Little update on my home front. As many of you know almost 1 year ago my significant other passed away after a long battle vs Kidney Disease. We werent married, I had no legal right to her kids but her wishes were always that I would fight to keep and raise her kids. After some back and forth and resistance from the kids last fall their dad made the decision to let them stay for the forseeable future which I assumed would be the school year.

Over Christmas break my son Reece was hit several times in the face by his Biological Dad. He court case finished up in June and he has a 1 year no contact clause with him which in turn has allowed me to keep the kids for another year which I am estatic about. Appreciate everyone who has reached out and checked up on me etc. It was a pretty dark cloud above me through Feb but then we got football in the spring and being around the kids brought back some joy and light in my life. Im doing well, miss her everyday and just trying to put the good foot forward.

Everyone be good, stay healthy and enjoy this fall!
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Teetime, net, dusty7 and Veeman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:27 am

Bighitter11 wrote:I agree with the Cyclone Im about Politic and Covid out.

First off to all the fellow football coaches Best of Luck this fall hope you all enjoy yourself.

Little update on my home front.  As many of you know almost 1 year ago my significant other passed away after a long battle vs Kidney Disease.  We werent married, I had no legal right to her kids but her wishes were always that I would fight to keep and raise her kids.  After some back and forth and resistance from the kids last fall their dad made the decision to let them stay for the forseeable future which I assumed would be the school year.

Over Christmas break my son Reece was hit several times in the face by his Biological Dad.  He court case finished up in June and he has a 1 year no contact clause with him which in turn has allowed me to keep the kids for another year which I am estatic about.  Appreciate everyone who has reached out and checked up on me etc.  It was a pretty dark cloud above me through Feb but then we got football in the spring and being around the kids brought back some joy and light in my life.  Im doing well, miss her everyday and just trying to put the good foot forward.  

I can't imagine having to go through all of that on top of life's regular bumps and bruises.

I wish you nothing but happiness this year and every year that you choose to make a nice home for those kids. That sounds like it might be the most important thing you will ever do.

Good luck. Have a great year.

Admin

ging and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:34 am

guerin wrote:Non football related.

GUERIN!!!!! Congratulations!

I knew you find someone who would have sex with you eventually. What is his name?

The boy I mean...I'm assuming the other parent is a female?

Admin

guerin and ging like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:01 pm

Little update on my home front.  As many of you know almost 1 year ago my significant other passed away after a long battle vs Kidney Disease.  We werent married, I had no legal right to her kids but her wishes were always that I would fight to keep and raise her kids.  After some back and forth and resistance from the kids last fall their dad made the decision to let them stay for the forseeable future which I assumed would be the school year.

Over Christmas break my son Reece was hit several times in the face by his Biological Dad.  He court case finished up in June and he has a 1 year no contact clause with him which in turn has allowed me to keep the kids for another year which I am estatic about.  Appreciate everyone who has reached out and checked up on me etc.  It was a pretty dark cloud above me through Feb but then we got football in the spring and being around the kids brought back some joy and light in my life.  Im doing well, miss her everyday and just trying to put the good foot forward.  

You owe me a beer next weekend!!

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:22 pm

HHSTigerFan2 wrote:

You owe me a beer next weekend!!

Only Bartending Saturday the 4th that weekend. Drafting a Fantasy Football team for someone on Sunday. Itchy got his ass kicked in the bar last Friday Ill have to show you the video. Hope all is well in Tennessee
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:10 pm

I saw the video, laughed my ass off.. ha

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down