Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Schedule Thread

+10
Teetime
net
general maximus
niewi 24
tm
ging
lefty120
Bighitter11
dusty7
wolverine55
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Football Schedule Thread Empty Football Schedule Thread

Post by wolverine55 Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 pm

https://wgem.com/2021/01/27/ihsa-sets-schedule-for-remainder-of-2020-2021-season/?fbclid=IwAR0sw3eLZgH50zm0kmq17n1O1tDVDZdzS4xce2rgb0ETBiU9uJWxxNUEM10

I thought I would go ahead and start a separate thread. My main interest is now that we have a timetable, I am hopeful some of you will post schedules and links to football schedules here in this thread. According to the above link, football practice will start March 3rd and the first game March 19.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Football Schedule Thread Empty Re: Football Schedule Thread

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:48 pm

I will post once we get our schedule figured out. Likely will stay in conference but our conference spans 3 different regions and 2 currently cannot hold competitions.  I am hopeful we will have a full slate of games but I can definitely see schedule changes and cancellations due to being in different regions.

The 1 week overlap is definitely going to hurt most of the schools in our conference if they choose to schedule games during the overlap week.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and wolverine55 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:24 am

I really dont think the overlap is going to be that big of an issue. The first week we dont start until Wednesday. Basketball could play Monday, Tuesday and Saturday that week. Second week is final week of basketball if they picked one week night and Saturday they still get 2 games in that week Im sure we could scale back practice for a day. We also get done with school at 2 so that allows a little more flexibility with the scheduling.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Teetime and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:46 am

The issue for the overlap is not just basketball to football, but also football/volleyball into baseball. I think the overlap is about 10 days. We already have some kids saying that they are not going to play Sport A because they don't want to miss out on any of Sport B.

I think our conference may decide to shorten competition to 6 weeks instead of 7 so we don't have an issues with athletes. My estimate is that about 50% of our athletes are 3 sport athletes and we would have to cancel games at the beginning of the season due to lack of preparation. Instead of short changing 1 sport, we would be better off shortchanging all of the sports. The situation is not ideal but it is what it is.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:03 pm

This will certainly test some schools coaches and their willingness to work together. We are blessed here...basketball, baseball, and football all work really well together. All of us have already told the kids we will make it work. Now our girls programs on the other hand... Rolling Eyes

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Sterling

3/19 at Alleman
3/26 vs Geneseo
4/2 at Quincy (which is Good Friday for those who are interested in that sort of thing)
4/9 vs Rock Island
4/16 at Moline
4/23 vs East Moline

*no game vs Galesburg
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and wolverine55 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:47 pm

It's always going to depend on the weather but this is why I asked. I'm intrigued by that game at Quincy. Thanks for posting and thanks in advance for those who will post schedules.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Assuming I'm able to. I'm guessing attendance will be pretty restricted...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:02 pm

ging wrote:Sterling

3/19 at Alleman
3/26 vs Geneseo
4/2 at Quincy (which is Good Friday for those who are interested in that sort of thing)
4/9 vs Rock Island
4/16 at Moline
4/23 vs East Moline

*no game vs Galesburg

Glad that games get to be played, and I know people will make it work. Interesting though that in only a 6 game schedule you will have 1 week with games on Good Friday and another week where many schools likely have a game during spring break. Not a complaint, just an interesting quirk to a short season.
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:04 pm

lefty120 wrote:This will certainly test some schools coaches and their willingness to work together.  We are blessed here...basketball, baseball, and football all work really well together.  All of us have already told the kids we will make it work.  Now our girls programs on the other hand... Rolling Eyes

Totally agree baseball isnt going to be an issue either. Those baseball kids in football can still throw or hit in the cage in the morning or right after school almost everyday. As far as games Saturday is a great time for a game or two and Monday is a very light day for us football related Weights, Scout, Film that they could easily play that day too. Then after those two weeks they can play as much as they want. We have had good talks with other coaches in school so i dont see things being a problem for us.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:15 pm

Are there practice requirements before athletes can compete? I've heard 7 for basketball but is this the same for all sports or just the first one?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by niewi 24 Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:10 pm

dusty7 wrote:The issue for the overlap is not just basketball to football, but also football/volleyball into baseball. I think the overlap is about 10 days.  We already have some kids saying that they are not going to play Sport A because they don't want to miss out on any of Sport B. 

My concern is not only for kids that overlap but coaches that do as well. I am a varsity assistant in baseball and football. I just don’t know how we are going to swing practices for both during the overlapped time.
niewi 24
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:19 pm

niewi 24 wrote:
dusty7 wrote:The issue for the overlap is not just basketball to football, but also football/volleyball into baseball. I think the overlap is about 10 days.  We already have some kids saying that they are not going to play Sport A because they don't want to miss out on any of Sport B. 

My concern is not only for kids that overlap but coaches that do as well. I am a varsity assistant in baseball and football. I just don’t know how we are going to swing practices for both during the overlapped time.

Exactly nas Lefty said, we are going to see how well people can cooperate through this process. The last thing we want is kids missing more games.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:10 pm

dusty7 wrote:Are there practice requirements before athletes can compete?  I've heard 7 for basketball but is this the same for all sports or just the first one?

My understanding is that each sport will have a minimum of 7 practices each athlete must complete prior to game play. The exception is Football where that number is 12 (Unless that athlete is coming directly from a "Winter Sport" and they have already completed their 7 practices. Then that number is reduced to 10.

So a kid will have to have 7 in basketball, 10 or 12 in football, and then 7 in track/baseball.

I think that is what I read.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:54 am

3/19 shg @ dec ike
3/26 dec mac @ shg
4/3 chatham @ shg
4/9 rochester @ shg
4/16 lanphier @ shg
4/23 shg @ shs

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime, OSUBucks, tincup1215 and Cyclone1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:55 am

ging wrote:Sterling

3/19 at Alleman
3/26 vs Geneseo
4/9 vs Rock Island
4/16 at Moline
4/23 vs East Moline

*no game vs Galesburg

unlike the heathens at sterling, we are not playing on good friday. lol!
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime, lefty120 and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:58 am

We've decided baseball / football. we only practice a little over an hour and a half anyway which puts us done at 5:30-5:45...baseball coach said let those guys come over and hit and throw a bit after fb and they're good to go. Basketball will be a bit tougher, but we will figure it out. Kids will probably go in and shoot / practice BB for an hour or so, then come out with us and do the essentials (fundy's, skelly, inside run, short team)...really, if you're ready to roll, that shit can get done in less than an hour. If our kids start BB practice at 3:30, there's no reason they can't get something done in both and be done by 6, especially if you're not full pads, which we won't be very often.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:11 am

lefty120 wrote:We've decided baseball / football. we only practice a little over an hour and a half anyway which puts us done at 5:30-5:45...baseball coach said let those guys come over and hit and throw a bit after fb and they're good to go.  

I like your baseball coach.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:29 am

Teetime wrote:
lefty120 wrote:We've decided baseball / football. we only practice a little over an hour and a half anyway which puts us done at 5:30-5:45...baseball coach said let those guys come over and hit and throw a bit after fb and they're good to go.  

I like your baseball coach.

He gets it.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:19 pm

The ICE Conference decided to shorten seasons by 1 week so that there is no overlap and kids do not have to miss practices and coaches will be available for all sports. All but 2 of the coaches in our building coach more than 1 sport so this move definitely helps us out.

We will be playing 11 basketball games with the last game being on 3/5.

Wilmington:
3/19 - vs. Lisle
3/26 - @ Herscher
4/5 -  @ Reed-Custer
4/12 - vs. Coal City
4/19 @ Peotone

F/S games will be played the following Monday with a potential for an extra quarter when warranted with schools with large Freshman teams.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

wolverine55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:44 pm

Mahomet-Seymour
================
3/19 - vs. Effingham
3/26 - @ Mt. Zion
4/3 - @ Lincoln (2 PM)
4/9 - vs. Charleston
4/16 - @Tolono Unity
4/23 - vs. Taylorville
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

wolverine55 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:52 pm

OldTitan wrote:Mahomet-Seymour
================
3/19 - vs. Effingham
3/26 - @ Mt. Zion
4/3 - @ Lincoln (2 PM)
4/9 - vs. Charleston
4/16 - @Tolono Unity
4/23 - vs. Taylorville

Not sure what you or the Rockets have coming back but I would assume that will be a great matchup. Would be cool to see a Mahomet vs. Monticello matchup as well.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Huck Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:42 am

general maximus wrote:My understanding is that each sport will have a minimum of 7 practices each athlete must complete prior to game play. The exception is Football where that number is 12 (Unless that athlete is coming directly from a "Winter Sport" and they have already completed their 7 practices. Then that number is reduced to 10.

So a kid will have to have 7 in basketball, 10 or 12 in football, and then 7 in track/baseball.

Football is the only one where the individual matters in the practice numbers.  In all other sports, the team needs to have practiced 7 times prior to competing.  If there is a baseball game on 4/26, any football player can play in it, even with no baseball practices under his belt, so long as the baseball team has had 7 practices prior to that date.
Huck
Huck
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:00 am

Morris football team

3/20 @ Rochelle 1pm
3/26 H  Plano  6pm
4/3   @ Ottawa  1pm
4/9   H  Sycamore 6pm
4/16  H LaSalle Peru 6pm