Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugly story out of Dixon

+6
ging
net
dusty7
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
19delta
10 posters

Go down

Ugly story out of Dixon Empty Ugly story out of Dixon

Post by 19delta Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:45 pm

I hate stories like this. Really sad. I feel terrible for the kid who got bullied. The BOE member who is a cop sounds like a real peach.

https://www.shawlocal.com/sauk-valley/2020/12/18/dixon-school-board-officials-enabled-pattern-of-bullying-suit-alleges/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1608493498
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Ugly story out of Dixon Empty Re: Ugly story out of Dixon

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:59 pm

19delta wrote:I hate stories like this. Really sad. I feel terrible for the kid who got bullied. The BOE member who is a cop sounds like a real peach.

https://www.shawlocal.com/sauk-valley/2020/12/18/dixon-school-board-officials-enabled-pattern-of-bullying-suit-alleges/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1608493498

The cop, Sibley, should be fired from his job at the Police Department. I hope the victims mom kept a timeline on all the bullying events.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:19 pm

Why do all these events always involve butt stuff?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:28 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Why do all these events always involve butt stuff?

Every time I see a story like this, I think the same thing.

The only thing I can think of is that forcefully inserting objects into the victim's rectum is one of, if not the most degrading and dehumanizing way to terrorize someone.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:44 pm

19delta wrote:

The only thing I can think of is that forcefully inserting objects into the victim's rectum is one of, if not the most degrading and dehumanizing way to terrorize someone.
I played fb and wrestled with and then later coached some really \"f\"ing up human beings and never once was their butt stuff to my knowledge. It just seems weird that every one of these incidents involves the butt.

In fact, because I'm just naturally skeptical of everything at this point, it's just being thrown into a list of charges always makes me hesitant to believe it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:48 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:

I played fb and wrestled with and then later coached some really \"f\"ing up human beings and never once was their butt stuff to my knowledge. It just seems weird that every one of these incidents involves the butt.

In fact, because I'm just naturally skeptical of everything at this point, it's just being thrown into a list of charges always makes me hesitant to believe it.

If just some of the allegations made in the article are true, the Dixon school district has a serious problem.

The stuff about the cop is especially disturbing. I think it would be hard to make that stuff up because it would be easily disproved. However, it sounds like there are plenty of witnesses who can corroborate the mom's story.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:57 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:

If just some of the allegations made in the article are true, the Dixon school district has a serious problem.

The stuff about the cop is especially disturbing. I think it would be hard to make that stuff up because it would be easy to disproved. It sounds like there are plenty of witnesses who can corroborate the mom's story.
No disagreement there, just an observation about butt stuff.

I once had a kid whose grandpa contacted the school saying his grandson was being bullied in my class. Some pretty nasty allegations (saying horrible things to him, physical touching, throwing things, etc). Principal called me in, asked me about it. I said I'd never seen anything of the sort. Principal kind of looked at me like how can this be possible, who's actually lying to me (I was in like my 3rd month at the school).

Started paying more attention to the kid and started seeing that all the allegations were true. Just in reverse. In reality the grandson was the perpetrator, just not as drastically as the grandpa claimed was happening to him. Told the principal and we started watching him more closely all through the day. Turns out he was just a complete horrible little person and then ran home and told grandpa it was happening to him. Principal tells grandpa and he gets pissed and pulls the kid out of school and sends him to a neighboring district. He eventually gets kicked out of there for the same stuff, but it escalated further from us- he was a freshman when we had him. I think he finished at an alternative school.

I always think of that when I read these things. Not saying that happened here, just how I frame it in my mind from personally being involved in a loosely similar incident.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:38 pm

But if I read the article correctly one event was witnessed via video.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:But if I read the article correctly one event was witnessed via video.

Right. I wonder if that video still exists...
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:50 pm

OSUBucks wrote:But if I read the article correctly one event was witnessed via video.

This is and the actions of the cop are what really stood out to me. If it is on video it is blatantly obvious. Also, the kids were given in-school suspension for just PE because of the actions? This was definitely not an appropriate punishment. Back in the day, it could have been grounds for expulsion but that no longer exists in public schools.  

Everything surrounding the actions of the cop screams "small-town power," and it sounds like he was trying to cover up the fact that he screwed up in not taking the incident seriously and saw himself above the law because of how he acted towards the mother. I am sure there is a lot more to this story that is being reported. Conflicts in small towns always seem to have many layers and many different people involved.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:59 pm

dusty7 wrote:Conflicts in small towns always seem to have many layers and many different people involved.
I read this as lawyers instead of layers.

I don't know which is more true.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:06 pm

dusty7 wrote:

This is and the actions of the cop are what really stood out to me. If it is on video it is blatantly obvious.  Also, the kids were given in-school suspension for just PE because of the actions? This was definitely not an appropriate punishment. Back in the day, it could have been grounds for expulsion but that no longer exists in public schools.      

Everything surrounding the actions of the cop screams "small-town power," and it sounds like he was trying to cover up the fact that he screwed up in not taking the incident seriously and saw himself above the law because of how he acted towards the mother. I am sure there is a lot more to this story that is being reported. Conflicts in small towns always seem to have many layers and many different people involved.

The Pate kid named in the lawsuit is a star athlete. I have to wonder if that has something to do with it.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:09 am

not to detract from the serious nature of the story, but that high school is gorgeous. looks like a castle.

has anyone here been in the building?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:31 pm

net wrote:not to detract from the serious nature of the story, but that high school is gorgeous. looks like a castle.

many, many times. looks a LOT better on the outside than the inside (at least as of my last of several visits).
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by center Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:52 pm

net wrote:not to detract from the serious nature of the story, but that high school is gorgeous. looks like a castle.

Student taught there and attended many recent sporting events there.

Outside looks cool. Setting by the river is nice.

Agree with Ging. Inside is falling apart. They are landlocked with their outside facilities also. Football team practices several miles away from high school.

center
Bee-otch

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:19 pm

center wrote:Setting by the river is nice.

Other than the occasional flood...
tm
tm
Bee-otch

center likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:24 pm

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the newspaper headline.

If they ever decide to scrap that building I would pay some dough for one or two of those huge windows.

If the inside is salvageable they should spend some money and fix it up, even if the football team has to play two miles away.

Admin

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:51 pm

Was in there one time as 4-4 Stack had a walk through there on his way to Polo i believe. Their visitor's coaches box (at least at that time (2008) was in the HS gym way up in the rafters. You looked out onto the football field through a window cut into the side of the building. Was very odd.

I don't remember much else about the school. It seemed very average on the inside from my memory. The visitor box was the most memorable part.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:55 pm

It's a lot bigger than I remember, but the window in this screenshot at the top of the wall is the window to the visitors booth.Ugly story out of Dixon Screen11
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Teetime wrote:
If the inside is salvageable they should spend some money and fix it up, even if the football team has to play two miles away.
Judging by the Google earth pictures that I saw when looking for the visitors box, they were in the middle of renovations.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:
Judging by the Google earth pictures that I saw when looking for the visitors box, they were in the middle of renovations.

renovations look pretty extensive - it is a cool looking old building
https://www.russellco.com/dixon-public-schools-170/#:~:text=Renovations%20to%20the%20historic%20Dixon,modern%20technology%20and%20equipment%2C%20complete
https://www.shawlocal.com/2019/10/14/the-dust-has-settled/avabs83/

tps
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down