Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minneapolis Officer arrested.

+13
ging
tps
guerin2.0
lefty120
wolverine55
ramblinman
dusty7
BirdWatcher
Teetime
Pike Bishop
19delta
net
OSUBucks
17 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Minneapolis Officer arrested. - Page 19 Empty Re: Minneapolis Officer arrested.

Post by Head Idiot Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:04 pm

Dick Durbin wrote:  Questioning Barrett on the second day of her confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Durbin noted that more than 3,200 people had been shot in Chicago this year and that a previous city gun-trace report showed the majority of illegal firearms that had been recovered came from states such as Indiana, where Barrett lives.

He said gun shows in places including Gary, Indiana, sell firearms without background checks. "Unfortunately, these gangbangers and thugs fill up the trunks of their cars with firearms and head into the city of Chicago and kill everyone from infants to older people,” Durbin said.
Where's the outrage and cries of racism directed at Durbin for this?

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/jun/01/john-oliver-when-trump-uses-thugs-code-racism-george-floyd-protests

Crickets.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Dick Durbin wrote:  Questioning Barrett on the second day of her confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Durbin noted that more than 3,200 people had been shot in Chicago this year and that a previous city gun-trace report showed the majority of illegal firearms that had been recovered came from states such as Indiana, where Barrett lives.

He said gun shows in places including Gary, Indiana, sell firearms without background checks. "Unfortunately, these gangbangers and thugs fill up the trunks of their cars with firearms and head into the city of Chicago and kill everyone from infants to older people,” Durbin said.
Where's the outrage and cries of racism directed at Durbin for this?

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/jun/01/john-oliver-when-trump-uses-thugs-code-racism-george-floyd-protests

Crickets.

He said "thugs?!?!?" That a dog-whistle to all his white nationalist supporters. Has Durbin denounced White Nationalism? I bet not......

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:31 pm

He will never win re-election.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Teetime wrote:He will never win re-election.

Durbin? Ha! You're in Illinois, right?

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Abraham Lincoln. Let that sink in
Statue is 'an everyday reminder that these students really don't belong here,' Black Student Union president says

https://badgerherald.com/news/2020/06/26/uw-students-petition-to-remove-abraham-lincoln-statue-on-bascom-hill/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:26 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:This is strange-
 The residential hall at Princeton that was named for Woodrow Wilson will be rebuilt and named for a Black woman who is an alumna of the school and a donor.

Mellody Hobson graduated from Princeton in 1991 and now will be the first Black woman whose name is on a Princeton residential college, the dorms where freshmen live, the Ivy League school said in a statement.

What is strange? That they are removing Wilson's name or that the dorm will be named after Hobson?
Removing Wilson's.

I don't think "strange" is the right word for it. There's a good argument for removing Wilson's name from public places. But I don't pretend to know where the line is drawn. Why Wilson but not Teddy Roosevelt, who was just as racist as Wilson?
I don't know why I missed this the first time. They are trying to remove Theodore.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/21/arts/design/roosevelt-statue-to-be-removed-from-museum-of-natural-history.html
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:58 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:16 pm

Was Durbin reelected? Smile
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:02 am

Wasn't it suggested in a conversation here that the notion of "canceling" Abraham Lincoln was ludicrous right wing fear mongering? Well, here you go-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9055391/San-Francisco-rename-Lincoln-High-School-didnt-black-lives-mattered-him.html
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:25 am

Other school names that made the list-
Abraham Lincoln High School, U.S. president

George Washington High School, first U.S. president

Lowell High School, poet/critic James R. Lowell

Herbert Hoover Middle School, U.S. president

Presidio Middle School, S.F. military post

Roosevelt Middle School, Theodore or F.D., both U.S. presidents

Paul Revere K-8, American Revolution patriot

Alamo Elementary, a poplar tree or the site of Texas Revolution battle

El Dorado Elementary, mythical City of Gold

Dianne Feinstein Elementary, U.S. senator and former S.F. mayor

Garfield Elementary, James Garfield, U.S. president

Jefferson Elementary, Thomas Jefferson, U.S. president

Francis Scott Key Elementary, composer of “Star Spangled

McKinley Elementary, William McKinley, U.S. president

Monroe Elementary, James Monroe, U.S. president

John Muir Elementary, naturalist

Junipero Serra Elementary, Spanish priest

Daniel Webster Elementary, U.S. statesman
Also, an interesting tidbit from the leader of this committee-
Regardless of the pop culture myths of Lincoln and his motivations, the Civil War was not fought over slavery or the liberation of Black people, Jeffries said.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-politics/amp/Abraham-Lincoln-was-once-a-hero-In-some-S-F-15798744.php
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:50 am

Head Idiot wrote:Wasn't it suggested in a conversation here that the notion of "canceling" Abraham Lincoln was ludicrous right wing fear mongering? Well, here you go-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9055391/San-Francisco-rename-Lincoln-High-School-didnt-black-lives-mattered-him.html

Thomas Edison is off the list too because he enjoyed electrocuting animals. Smile
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:33 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Wasn't it suggested in a conversation here that the notion of "canceling" Abraham Lincoln was ludicrous right wing fear mongering? Well, here you go-

Thomas Edison is off the list too because he enjoyed electrocuting animals. Smile

who doesn't? scratch

maybe that's why i've never had a school named after me.

j/k. no animals were harmed in this post by me.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

BirdWatcher and general maximus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:27 am

http://www.chicagofop.org/news/urgent-and-important-police-reform-update-hb-163

defund the police ('reform') is on the docket in illinois. this should make us safer when cops quit/retire in droves. and dem controlled federal gov starts rolling out gun control measures...

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:30 am

tps wrote:http://www.chicagofop.org/news/urgent-and-important-police-reform-update-hb-163

defund the police ('reform') is on the docket in illinois. this should make us safer when cops quit/retire in droves. and dem controlled federal gov starts rolling out gun control measures...
This bill was passed by the Senate at 5 am this morning. It's headed to the house-
The latest version of the criminal law overhaul bill, 764 pages, was introduced after 3:00 a.m., giving lawmakers less than two hours to debate and read over it before a vote.
This must be another Democrat "We've got to pass it to see what's in it" maneuver.

I just don't understand what the current trend toward letting everyone out of prison and legalizing crime is aimed at other than creating societal destabilization and buying votes.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

general maximus and tps like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:12 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
tps wrote:http://www.chicagofop.org/news/urgent-and-important-police-reform-update-hb-163

This bill was passed by the Senate at 5 am this morning. It's headed to the house-
 The latest version of the criminal law overhaul bill, 764 pages, was introduced after 3:00 a.m., giving lawmakers less than two hours to debate and read over it before a vote.
This must be another Democrat "We've got to pass it to see what's in it" maneuver.

I just don't understand what the current trend toward letting everyone out of prison and legalizing crime is aimed at other than creating societal destabilization and buying votes.

this is what "many/most" biden voters want. defund the police and defeat the nra leading to 2nd amendment 'changes'...sounds like a nice combination. what could go wrong?

Last edited by tps on Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added "many/most")

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Huck Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:53 pm

tps wrote:this is what biden voters want. defund the police and defeat the nra leading to 2nd amendment 'changes'...sounds like a nice combination. what could go wrong?

Really?  This is what ALL Biden voters want?  I mean, I know you're just a small town hick as you have reminded us ad nauseum, but, you honestly believe that?
Huck
Huck
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:10 pm

Huck wrote:
tps wrote:this is what biden voters want. defund the police and defeat the nra leading to 2nd amendment 'changes'...sounds like a nice combination. what could go wrong?

Really?  This is what ALL Biden voters want?  I mean, I know you're just a small town hick as you have reminded us ad nauseum, but, you honestly believe that?

i didn't say 'all' but i fixed it.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Huck Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:16 pm

tps wrote:this is what "many/most" biden voters want. defund the police and defeat the nra leading to 2nd amendment 'changes'...sounds like a nice combination. what could go wrong?

Really?  This is what MANY/MOST Biden voters want?  I mean, I know you're just a small town hick as you have reminded us ad nauseum, but, you honestly believe that?
Huck
Huck
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:14 pm

Huck wrote:
tps wrote:this is what "many/most" biden voters want. defund the police and defeat the nra leading to 2nd amendment 'changes'...sounds like a nice combination. what could go wrong?

Really?  This is what MANY/MOST Biden voters want?  I mean, I know you're just a small town hick as you have reminded us ad nauseum, but, you honestly believe that?

yes, that is what i believe. i have not seen any polls to support that but many people participated in the protests this summer and most of them wanted to defund the police. i'm betting they all voted for biden

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:19 pm

tps wrote:
Huck wrote:

yes, that is what i believe. i have not seen any polls to support that but many people participated in the protests this summer and most of them wanted to defund the police. i'm betting they all voted for biden
I don't know if they personally believe that's the best course of action, but by voting for politicians that seem to support it and continue to vote that way, they in turn support it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Huck Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:50 pm

tps wrote:yes, that is what i believe. i have not seen any polls to support that but many people participated in the protests this summer and most of them wanted to defund the police. i'm betting they all voted for biden

Well, at least you admit to having no evidence upon which to cast your blanket assumption. Apparently, millions of people were rioters in order to decide that many/most Biden supporters think those things.

Head Idiot wrote:I don't know if they personally believe that's the best course of action, but by voting for politicians that seem to support it and continue to vote that way, they in turn support it.

"Seem to support it?" Seem to who? You and I disagreed already on whether or not Harris supported bailing rioters out of jail. So because you seem to think Harris supported rioters because you seem to think she helped bail them out of jail, it leads you to seem to think that I voted for Biden because I would also seem to think that Harris supported rioters by bailing them out of jail and wanted to support that and not for a million other possible reasons why one might want Biden or not want Trump?

It is absolutely crazy to ASSUME that is true about anyone.
Huck
Huck
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:26 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

This bill also passed the House and is going to the governor's desk.

764 pages. A total of three hours from being made available to representatives to being passed in both houses. Incredible.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:27 pm

Huck wrote:
tps wrote:yes, that is what i believe. i have not seen any polls to support that but many people participated in the protests this summer and most of them wanted to defund the police. i'm betting they all voted for biden

Well, at least you admit to having no evidence upon which to cast your blanket assumption.  Apparently, millions of people were rioters in order to decide that many/most Biden supporters think those things.  

Head Idiot wrote:I don't know if they personally believe that's the best course of action, but by voting for politicians that seem to support it and continue to vote that way, they in turn support it.

"Seem to support it?"  Seem to who?  You and I disagreed already on whether or not Harris supported bailing rioters out of jail.  So because you seem to think Harris supported rioters because you seem to think she helped bail them out of jail, it leads you to seem to think that I voted for Biden because I would also seem to think that Harris supported rioters by bailing them out of jail and wanted to support that and not for a million other possible reasons why one might want Biden or not want Trump?  

It is absolutely crazy to ASSUME that is true about anyone.

i'm confused by your first part. i didn't call them rioters.
don't people vote for people they agree with? maybe not every single issue but most issues. otherwise why do you vote for them?
unfortunately, that's kinda how politics work these days. "they say trump is a racist so his supporters are racist". "they say trump supports sedition so his supporters are for sedition." some say cruz and hawley are responsible for sedition.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

764 pages. A total of three hours from being made available to representatives to being passed in both houses. Incredible.

cops are quitting and retiring in pretty large numbers around the nation. i'm not sure changes like this will encourage others to join the force.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:03 pm

tps wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

cops are quitting and retiring in pretty large numbers around the nation. i'm not sure changes like this will encourage others to join the force.

I've had several students who had aspirations for being in law enforcement but have not changed their minds. Don't worry, in due time the people how have passed the policies will realize the issue that they created.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum