Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

officiating question

4 posters

Go down

officiating question Empty officiating question

Post by 19delta Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Last night at the end of the game on 4th down, our QB threw an INT into the endzone. We were right around the 10 yard line. Kid who intercepted the ball ran the ball out of the endzone to about the 10 yard line and then slid on the ground. Play is blown dead. One of our kids came running in late and threw a shoulder into the kid who had intercepted the ball on the ground. Officials threw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. On that play, there was ALSO a flag thrown for DPI. So, we got another chance to score. We were down 34-27.

I figured it would have been offsetting penalties and the down would be re-played. But, what happened is, after a REALLY long discussion, the officials marked off the DPI half the distance to the goalline but then walked it back 15 yards for the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. So, instead of getting anoter shot from the original spot of the play (around the 10) we had to go from the 20.

Did the offficials get it right? I'm assuming they did, due to the long discussion they had. I'm thinking that the reason they penalties were not offsettng is because the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty came after the play was blown dead?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

officiating question Empty Re: officiating question

Post by mc140 Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:24 am

We had a game end where on the last play the offense threw a forward pass across the line of scrimmage. After the play was blown dead our kid came in and hit the guy on the ground. They said the game was over.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by khalfie Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:11 am

They got it right...

A dead ball foul is enforced from the succeeding spot, in this case, the succeeding spot was the the result of the DPI.
khalfie
khalfie
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Since we're doing questionable officiating, had this one last night.
Pekin completes 20 yard pass.
Metamora DB flagged for DPI.
They tack on 15 yards from the completion of the catch. 35 yard gain total.
First time I've ever seen a team get BOTH the play AND the penalty at the same time.

Full disclosure: I'm guessing that's why they're doing freshman games.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down