Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Championship

5 posters

Go down

NCAA Championship Empty NCAA Championship

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:27 pm

This is a really good game. Hope Clemson can keep their guys fresh.

I don’t think they are as deep as Bama.

Admin

Back to top Go down

NCAA Championship Empty Re: NCAA Championship

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:28 pm

The Bears might draft the Bama kicker. He has boinkability.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:40 pm

Teetime wrote:The Bears might draft the Bama kicker. He has boinkability.
Too soon.

Too soon.

😭😭😭😭
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:58 pm

This is starting to look like a rout.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:17 am

Hell, the school in South Bend played Clemson better than this.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:54 am

Well all these ESPN experts were telling us to put both Georgia and Alabama in the playoffs because the SEC is just so good. Alabama got their usual #1 seed because after all they are an SEC team. Their top 2 teams both got beaten decisively. The SEC is a strong league year in year out but this wasn't the first time that they have been overrated and they were overrated big time this year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:36 am

In the broadcast they stated that Saban had to replace 20 coaches last season while Swinney had to replace just 3. I heard on the radio a Clemson player shouting "if you don't want your coaches to leave come to Death Vallley" in the locker room after the game.

I think this says a lot about where Clemson is right now. Unless teams are willing to increase their assistants salary's then it will be tough to compete with them. Alabama's staff always seems to be compiled of guys who were released from duties due to questionable behavior (Sarkisian, Locksley, and a few others).
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:57 am

dusty7 wrote:In the broadcast they stated that Saban had to replace 20 coaches last season while Swinney had to replace just 3.  I heard on the radio a Clemson player shouting "if you don't want your coaches to leave come to Death Vallley" in the locker room after the game.  

I think this says a lot about where Clemson is right now.  Unless teams are willing to increase their assistants salary's then it will be tough to compete with them.  Alabama's staff always seems to be compiled of guys who were released from duties due to questionable behavior (Sarkisian, Locksley, and a few others).  
What's weird about Saban was he always had his guys that followed him around- from Michigan St to LSU and eventually Alabama. I think when Kirby left, he decided to go full on NFL and just bring in the best available guy. While, that might be a negative factor, it has continued to work for him. I will be interested to see if Dabo can keep his guys together when the deep pockets come to hire some of them away. Especially his DC.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Former Tennesse HC Butch Jones on Sabans staff.........not a very good return for his DC Jeremy Pruit taking the HC job at Tennessee
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:In the broadcast they stated that Saban had to replace 20 coaches last season while Swinney had to replace just 3.  I heard on the radio a Clemson player shouting "if you don't want your coaches to leave come to Death Vallley" in the locker room after the game.  

I think this says a lot about where Clemson is right now.  Unless teams are willing to increase their assistants salary's then it will be tough to compete with them.  Alabama's staff always seems to be compiled of guys who were released from duties due to questionable behavior (Sarkisian, Locksley, and a few others).  
What's weird about Saban was he always had his guys that followed him around- from Michigan St to LSU and eventually Alabama.  I think when Kirby left, he decided to go full on NFL and just bring in the best available guy.  While, that might be a negative factor, it has continued to work for him.  I will be interested to see if Dabo can keep his guys together when the deep pockets come to hire some of them away.  Especially his DC.

Clemson is paying Venables $2 million per year and have him under contract through 2022. You would think that someone would be willing to buy out his contract before then. I have a friend who is a Bama fan and last week he asked me about the game. I told him that Clemson had an outstanding defense and would not only cover but probably win and that this years Bama defense was the weakest of any of Saban's Bama playoff teams.
The SEC went 6-6 in Bowl games. Off the top of my head I don't think they have had a winning bowl record for the last 3 years. Part of the reason is the caliber of teams they are often matched up with but they have a reputation of being good and as a result they are sometimes overrated. Clemson could be replacing Alabama as the next college football dynasty. Saban is 67 and I don't know how much longer he's going to want to do this.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down