Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anything Interesting About Your Upcoming Season?

+14
wolverine55
Teetime
morrisfan
net
niewi 24
19delta
mc140
OldTitan
tito-landrum
Bighitter11
dusty7
Head Idiot
ramblinman
crusader
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anything Interesting About Your Upcoming Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anything Interesting About Your Upcoming Season?

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:40 am

crusader wrote:Must have lots of disposable income to pay for a gym membership (and likely a trainer) instead of using your facilities.
Local gym here is only about  $40 a month in a community 20 mins from OT.  Some owners give HS kids discounts because they can "train" them, use their natural talents to put them all over social media as evidence they're good trainers and them lure in kids to pay them full price that have no shot at ever becoming Mitch McNutt.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Anything Interesting About Your Upcoming Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anything Interesting About Your Upcoming Season?

Post by crusader Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:44 am

You say "only" $40 a month. That's a day's wage at minimum wage after taxes. But it's better than pissing away on booze/weed. So I won't judge.
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:52 am

crusader wrote:You say "only" $40 a month. That's a day's wage at minimum wage after taxes. But it's better than pissing away on booze/weed. So I won't judge.
These kids that use this service pay twice that a month to play video games I imagine. Hell, their energy drinks are $5 a can.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:56 am

OldTitan wrote:
19delta wrote:
OldTitan wrote:We are a bit of a mystery. If we stay injury free we should be competitive. Most of our skills are back. Got some good kids upfront, but they have been lifting at a gym outside the program so that has hurt our off-season chemistry. Hopefully it will all come together in August. Camps have been decent at least.

Care to elaborate?

Most of my Junior-Senior linemen have been lifting at a new local gym. Besides the fact that I have no idea what they are doing for workouts, we could have really used their example and leadership in our weightroom. It is a mystery, because I think they worked hard in the other gym, but we never had a chance to develop our team chemistry in our weightroom. I'm hoping it will work out, but I don't know.

BTW - Yes, I talked to them many times about why I wanted them lifting with us. They just did not see it as in their best interest. There is a limit to what I can "force" kids to do in the off-season.

That's too bad. I hope they aren't doing Crossfit!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 pm

19delta wrote:
OldTitan wrote:
19delta wrote:
OldTitan wrote:We are a bit of a mystery. If we stay injury free we should be competitive. Most of our skills are back. Got some good kids upfront, but they have been lifting at a gym outside the program so that has hurt our off-season chemistry. Hopefully it will all come together in August. Camps have been decent at least.

Care to elaborate?

Most of my Junior-Senior linemen have been lifting at a new local gym. Besides the fact that I have no idea what they are doing for workouts, we could have really used their example and leadership in our weightroom. It is a mystery, because I think they worked hard in the other gym, but we never had a chance to develop our team chemistry in our weightroom. I'm hoping it will work out, but I don't know.

BTW - Yes, I talked to them many times about why I wanted them lifting with us. They just did not see it as in their best interest. There is a limit to what I can "force" kids to do in the off-season.

That's too bad. I hope they aren't doing Crossfit!
If they were doing Crossfit, OT would have heard all about it about 30 seconds after their first WOD.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:53 pm

crusader wrote:Any of them good?

better than any althoff has. Sterling guy cheers
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by morrisfan Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:36 pm

19delta wrote:
tito-landrum wrote:Without our top RB and QB because they got caught stealing a goat and trading it for a sheep. Bet you have never had that happen in your program.

Interesting. Why not just steal the sheep in the first place and cut out the middleman? Laughing

I am still waiting on this story. My first thought was the same, just steal the sheep.

Ok, now back to your football talk....

morrisfan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Right.

Tito would have never suspended someone for stealing a sheep.

Firkin sheep

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:25 am

crusader wrote:You say "only" $40 a month. That's a day's wage at minimum wage after taxes. But it's better than pissing away on booze/weed. So I won't judge.

Absolutely. I totally agree with the sentiment 'at least they are working out.' And, for the record, it may work out fine. I'm just nervous about not having a sense of where we are at in terms of speed and strength up front.

Fortunately, I do not lose many kids to the cross fit gym these days. The guy that runs the cross fit gym is a former player and an unbelievable athlete. Really, a great young man.

I just believe cross-fit is great for training for cross-fit competition. There are more effective ways to prepare for football. All In My Opinion, of course.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:00 am

OldTitan wrote:

Absolutely. I totally agree with the sentiment 'at least they are working out.' And, for the record, it may work out fine. I'm just nervous about not having a sense of where we are at in terms of speed and strength up front.

Fortunately, I do not lose many kids to the cross fit gym these days. The guy that runs the cross fit gym is a former player and an unbelievable athlete. Really, a great young man.

I just believe cross-fit is great for training for cross-fit competition. There are more effective ways to prepare for football. All In My Opinion, of course.
Crossfit is a great workout for old people. I try to incorporate a little Crossfit type workout onto the end of my workouts every other day as a kind of finisher. But for a HS kid, it just doesn't increase their power and mass like you'd want from a football kid. I've always thought it would be great to incorporate into wrestling practices.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:57 am

net wrote:

Looking at the Crusader roster, it seems you are correct. Althoff does not list a single tight end - or linemen for that matter.

I think this season they will just play 7-on-7.
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:20 am

We're coming off an 0-9 season but will be much better this year. Overall, I'm still not sure how good. Yes, we're more experienced but essentially we've become a bunch of sophomores and juniors instead of freshmen and sophomores. Still tough to win when you don't have any seniors, almost literally.

As long as we win Week 9 we'll be okay... Cool
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:34 am

net wrote:

I retired in 2016 from teaching and coaching after 39 years. I have not been in football since 2015, but I still coached track (even helped NET herding cats in middle school track for one year). This fall, I will be a volunteer coach at a high school in my area coaching ILB'ers, special teams, and WR's. I am looking forward to it.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:32 am

Pike Bishop wrote:
net wrote:

I retired in 2016 from teaching and coaching after 39 years. I have not been in football since 2015, but I still coached track (even helped NET herding cats in middle school track for one year). This fall, I will be a volunteer coach at a high school in my area coaching ILB'ers, special teams, and WR's. I am looking forward to it.

i know where, but how come you aren't sharing where?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:51 pm

net wrote:
Pike Bishop wrote:
net wrote:

Rochester

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:57 pm

Pike Bishop wrote:
net wrote:
Pike Bishop wrote:
net wrote:

Rochester

gosh, i wonder who the dc was for rochester's first state title.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:14 pm

Will be entering my second year as our soccer team's director of operations / statistician. Varsity coach has pulled me up to do his stats rather than keeping me at the JV level with Keaton which kinda sucks, but since we're not sure when Keaton will actually get cleared to return to play, I guess I'll deal with it.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Had on of our returning DB's and a very very good athlete text this am he does not feel he fits in here. Not sure if ended up at Dixon(Mom) or Byron(dad). Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm

newcom wrote:does not feel he fits in here.  

Reminds me of the one and only gay Irish couple: Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald.
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:19 pm

newcom wrote:Had on of our returning DB's and a very very good athlete text this am he does not feel he fits in here.  Not sure if ended up at Dixon(Mom) or Byron(dad). Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
You should have loosened up your nutrition and workout regiments.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:12 pm

POY candidate by Head Idiot!! cheers cheers
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Two of our five best players have not only transferred, but transferred to the two toughest opponents we face. Most of our sophomores from last year have not come back out for football because we return so many kids who started last year. I also lost my best Sophomore Linemen due to their apartment complex catching fire and his mom moving them down the street to a new apartment which is for another school in our district. She didn't realize it changed his school until they tried to register last week.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:09 pm

mc140 wrote:and his mom moving them down the street to a new apartment which is for another school in our district.

you're in chicago, right? when has that ever mattered???? Razz
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:58 pm

ging wrote:
mc140 wrote:and his mom moving them down the street to a new apartment which is for another school in our district.

you're in chicago, right?  when has that ever mattered????  Razz

Near Chicago. I grew up in Chicago.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:55 pm

Althoff will be small and young. One senior on the OL, only one returning senior starting on O, but at a new position. One of the part-time QBs last year is not playing. The starting QB will be a junior.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/football/no-small-school-althoff-s-juniors-ready-to-take-center/article_b8a6ffd8-a4c0-11e8-811d-27a9a1d20087.html
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2