Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19 MORE DAYS

4 posters

Go down

19 MORE DAYS Empty 19 MORE DAYS

Post by newcom Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:12 pm

TO PLAYOFF FOOTBALL!!
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Doctor D likes this post

Back to top Go down

19 MORE DAYS Empty Re: 19 MORE DAYS

Post by Doctor D Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:30 pm

Patiently waiting - especially for 2A-5A brackets.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:39 am

Not exactly the same topic but I heard on the way to work this morning that Springfield Southeast High School was kind enough to give up their home game in week #9 to SHG so that Ken Leonard can have his final regular season game at home.

It was a very nice thing to do.

Coach Leonard was the driving force behind the construction that gave SHG a home field. Prior to the new complex SHG and Griffin H.S. rented the big field (Memorial Field) at Lanphier H.S. that is owned by School District #186 and shared that field with the three public (186) High Schools.

They are nearing completion now of what looks like a beautiful renovation of Memorial Stadium on the City's north side with a synthetic turf field, new track, new bathrooms, new seating and there might be team meeting rooms and a safe room for officials. I know that facility hosts big track meets as well as football and I suspect it will also be a soccer field.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:25 pm

newcom wrote:TO PLAYOFF FOOTBALL!!

who told you? we all know you can't count that high.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:31 pm

Teetime wrote:Not exactly the same topic but I heard on the way to work this morning that Springfield Southeast High School was kind enough to give up their home game in week #9 to SHG so that Ken Leonard can have his final regular season game at home.

It was a very nice thing to do.

Coach Leonard was the driving force behind the construction that gave SHG a home field. Prior to the new complex SHG and Griffin H.S. rented the big field (Memorial Field) at Lanphier H.S. that is owned by School District #186 and shared that field with the three public (186) High Schools.

They are nearing completion now of what looks like a beautiful renovation of Memorial Stadium on the City's north side with a synthetic turf field, new track, new bathrooms, new seating and there might be team meeting rooms and a safe room for officials. I know that facility hosts big track meets as well as football and I suspect it will also be a soccer field.

two things.

1. we will be the visiting team. sehs will be getting the gate receipts plus 30% of the concessions. at least this was the message relayed to me.

2. the new memorial stadium field should be completed in the next two weeks. however, the 'power plant' to supply the electric to the stadium will not be done until next april.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down