Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

football - do not open if you are tired of it

+11
ramblinman
19delta
wilky
wolverine55
tps
Pike Bishop
OldTitan
Bighitter11
tincup1215
net
Doctor D
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

football - do not open if you are tired of it - Page 2 Empty Re: football - do not open if you are tired of it

Post by wolverine55 Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:16 pm

There is a post on Facebook that says Mt. Vernon is in the playoffs regardless of if they win or lose Friday night. The South Seven does non-con games Week 9 and four teams finished tied atop the standings. Tie-breaker was determined by fewest points allowed against those three teams and Mt. Vernon allowed the least. For what it's worth. I didn't have time to look into the legitimacy of the post.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

football - do not open if you are tired of it - Page 2 Empty Re: football - do not open if you are tired of it

Post by ramblinman Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:30 pm

wolverine55 wrote:There is a post on Facebook that says Mt. Vernon is in the playoffs regardless of if they win or lose Friday night. The South Seven does non-con games Week 9 and four teams finished tied atop the standings.  Tie-breaker was determined by fewest points allowed against those three teams and Mt. Vernon allowed the least.  For what it's worth.  I didn't have time to look into the legitimacy of the post.

The IHSA is showing them as having clinched the conference title. https://www.ihsa.org/Sports-Activities/Football/State-Series-Information-Results?url=/data/fb/hopefuls.htm
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:26 pm

It looks like Du-Pec might drop down into 2a for the playoffs. That could be interesting. They aren't quite as good as they have been the last two years but they have a lot of speed and some big, strong kids.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:49 pm

Regarding Mt. Vernon, for conference rep, the conference pages say for three way ties, they use fewest points allowed between the tied schools (or words to that effect)
I guess it’s safe to say that criteria holds true for 4 way ties.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:03 am

To those who made the playoffs - congrats & good luck.

To those coaches who missed the playoffs - the silver lining is you got a pay raise. At least that’s what I told our staff when we missed!
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:47 pm

Congrats to you coaches that made the playoffs! Good luck and good health!

2A through 5A brackets (my personal favorites) all look pretty interesting.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:31 am

Seneca ran some old school T formation tonight to near perfection.  Standing at the 10 yard line I couldn’t tell who had the damn ball about a quarter of the time.  QB #1 is a good player and a junior.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

OldTitan, lefty120 and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:43 pm

Reed-Custer ten for ten on running clocks? That true?
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:49 pm

Doctor D wrote:Seneca ran some old school T formation tonight to near perfection.  Standing at the 10 yard line I couldn’t tell who had the damn ball about a quarter of the time.  QB #1 is a good player and a junior.

He is def the key. They been running this offense for 5 or 6 years now and he has been the difference. Previous QBs were not a threat to run the ball and you didnt have to account for him in the run game. He is really good at carrying out his fakes. Its really hard to find the ball on defense. Kids are also buying into the weight room and other areas. They are much more stout up front than in the past.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Teetime, OldTitan, lefty120, Doctor D and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:35 am

Bighitter11 wrote:
Doctor D wrote:Seneca ran some old school T formation tonight to near perfection.  Standing at the 10 yard line I couldn’t tell who had the damn ball about a quarter of the time.  QB #1 is a good player and a junior.

He is def the key.  They been running this offense for 5 or 6 years now and he has been the difference.  Previous QBs were not a threat to run the ball and you didnt have to account for him in the run game.  He is really good at carrying out his fakes.  Its really hard to find the ball on defense.  Kids are also buying into the weight room and other areas.  They are much more stout up front than in the past.

So glad Terry Maxwell is having a great year. Hard to believe I coached him when he was in 8th grade!
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Teetime, Doctor D and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:14 am

guerin wrote:Reed-Custer ten for ten on running clocks? That true?

Yes, likely 11 in a row after this weekend.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:24 am

Doctor D wrote:

what are they running offensively?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:22 am

net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:

They are shotgun spread.  Usually single back. They run occasional wildcat stuff with their main WR.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime, lefty120 and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:56 am

OldTitan wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:

He is def the key.  They been running this offense for 5 or 6 years now and he has been the difference.  Previous QBs were not a threat to run the ball and you didnt have to account for him in the run game.  He is really good at carrying out his fakes.  Its really hard to find the ball on defense.  Kids are also buying into the weight room and other areas.  They are much more stout up front than in the past.

So glad Terry Maxwell is having a great year. Hard to believe I coached him when he was in 8th grade!

Couldn't agree more coach...Terry was on our staff at Peotone for several years; great classroom teacher, great teacher of the game, and a great guy! Happy for him and his kids.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime and OldTitan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:58 am

net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:

From what I've heard and someone who's seen more can correct this, they've got the horses offensively similar to last year...but defensively they're much improved. When you can score points quickly with solid skills kids and force teams to go 3 and out early in the game, scores can get out of hand quickly.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:45 am

lefty120 wrote:
net wrote:
Doctor D wrote:

From what I've heard and someone who's seen more can correct this, they've got the horses offensively similar to last year...but defensively they're much improved.  When you can score points quickly with solid skills kids and force teams to go 3 and out early in the game, scores can get out of hand quickly.  

Their core group has been playing varsity since their sophomore year.  Very talented class.  
They were really good last year, but this year they have been terrific.  Really good dual threat QB, fast and strong RB, tall and fast #1 WR, and 3-4 other skill guys that are dangerous too.  

The biggest improvement I’ve seen is their front 7 and run defense.  They returned an all state 2 way lineman, but their line in general has been nasty on both sides of the ball.

I’ve been watching (played a little bit) Wilmo football for Reents’ entire tenure and I’ve never seen one of his teams taken apart like they did vs RC and Wilmo is pretty good again this year.

They might be the best team I’ve personally ever seen come out of that conference (I8/ICE).
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:24 am

byron will be tough to beat.
side note - there is a considine (freshman - Sean's boy) in the lineup.
https://www.rrstar.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2022/11/05/ihsa-football-playoffs-byron-offense-perfect-in-win-over-seneca/69608036007/

tps
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:42 pm

Well the ICE had a rough day.  I’m rethinking my RC as possible best team ever in the conference comment.  
Might be the most talented, but they gotta get the penalties and sloppy play under control.  Byron will definitely handle them if they don’t get their shit together.  
In other news, Wilmo goes down.  Too many big plays given up.  CC battled but didn’t have the offensive fire power to advance.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:15 am

Doctor D wrote:Well the ICE had a rough day.  I’m rethinking my RC as possible best team ever in the conference comment.  
Might be the most talented, but they gotta get the penalties and sloppy play under control.  Byron will definitely handle them if they don’t get their shit together.  
In other news, Wilmo goes down.  Too many big plays given up.  CC battled but didn’t have the offensive fire power to advance.

A lot of teams struggled in the second round. A lot of "upsets" and closer games than many expected.

Crazy score of the night -
In week 8 Highland 56 - Mascoutah 0
Last night Mascoutah 55 - Highland 42

Wow!
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Teetime and Doctor D like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:15 am

OldTitan wrote:
Doctor D wrote:Well the ICE had a rough day.  I’m rethinking my RC as possible best team ever in the conference comment.  

A lot of teams struggled in the second round. A lot of "upsets" and closer games than many expected.

Wow!

I was just going over it and yeah, there were a bunch of close calls and some I guess you’d say - unexpected results.  
I would like to see Reed-Custer keep it going, but they really have their work cut out for themselves now.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:47 pm

Doctor D wrote:
OldTitan wrote:

Wow!

I was just going over it and yeah, there were a bunch of close calls and some I guess you’d say - unexpected results.  
I would like to see Reed-Custer keep it going, but they really have their work cut out for themselves now.

I'd like to see a Morris?Sycamore rematch.....that would mean one thing Very Happy

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Doctor D likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:34 pm

Morris and Reed-Custer my surrogate teams now.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:58 am

OldTitan wrote:

That one is mystifying. Is there a backstory here, like injured or disciplined players for Mascoutah who sat in week 8 and who played in week 11? Or the other way around for Highland?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:45 pm

https://newschannel20.com/news/local/shg-football-players-reprimanded-after-waterloo-game

Obviously the outraged never grew up in farm country.  But the comments section alone is worth the time to read.  P on it
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:09 pm

ramblinman wrote:
OldTitan wrote:

That one is mystifying.  Is there a backstory here, like injured or disciplined players for Mascoutah who sat in week 8 and who played in week 11?  Or the other way around for Highland?

The only thing I know is Mascoutah utilized their stud wideout in a lot more of their offense. That does not completely explain it though.

4a(6afornet)north wrote:I'd like to see a Morris/Sycamore rematch.....that would mean one thing

I certainly hope we will bring you much disappointment this Saturday Wink
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next