Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yorkville Christian (not football related)

+4
Teetime
Bighitter11
dusty7
ging
8 posters

Go down

Yorkville Christian (not football related) Empty Yorkville Christian (not football related)

Post by ging Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:04 pm

Anyone else notice what's happening at Yorkville Christian? It's a fairly new school (6-7 years or so) with maybe 70 kids enrolled in high school. Their basketball team is very good and ranked #1 in 1A and has a Duke commit on the roster (Jaden Schutt). AND, i'm told their wrestling program is very strong.

Don't see that every day.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Yorkville Christian (not football related) Empty Re: Yorkville Christian (not football related)

Post by dusty7 Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:04 pm

I think YC has found a niche. Started off as a purely academic school but now have started to venture into the athletic territory. They are in a good spot where they can pull from Plainfield. Yorkville, Plano, Sandwich, and Aurora. I don't think there is any chance that they start a football program anytime soon but I think they will be a force in 1A basketball for a long time.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Yorkville Christian (not football related) Empty Re: Yorkville Christian (not football related)

Post by ging Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:22 am

as an aside, YC is ranked #1 in class 1a (basketball) in spite of a record of 11-11. they have apparently scheduled "above their pay grade" and the record reflects that. but, many expect them to win class 1a easily.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:29 am

Yeah pretty sure they took on the #1 team in Class 4A earlier this season.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:41 am

YC won the team wrestling title in 1A

They are still the favorite to win the boys 1A basketball title
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:03 pm

ging wrote:YC won the team wrestling title in 1A

They are still the favorite to win the boys 1A basketball title

Considering they have won their Regional games by 50 points, I would agree with this.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:41 pm

The power of prayer.

Admin

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:37 pm

Also got Yorkville Prairieview Christian Academy joining 8 man football next year. Will Yorkville Christian lose kids to Prairieview Academy who now want to play football and get that Christian Education.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:29 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Also got Yorkville Prairieview Christian Academy joining 8 man football next year.  Will Yorkville Christian lose kids to Prairieview Academy who now want to play football and get that Christian Education.

From what I have heard this will not be the case.

One aspect of 8 Man that I think most people have overlooked is that it becomes an option for those really small private schools along with appealing to those that are not IHSA affiliated at this time.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:11 pm

Speaking of the power of prayer….

SHG beat East St. Louis in basketball tonight.

Admin

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:51 pm

Teetime wrote:Speaking of the power of prayer….

Yes they did, really exciting finish. Now they are going to state and going up against an outstanding team from St Ignatius.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:16 am

YC has breezed it's way through the tournament and into the Final 4. I doubt they get challenged in Champaign.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:25 pm

At the no-so-secret-Gun-Clinic next month, I fully intend on asking the SHG coaches about the struggles of coaching football at a basketball school...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:46 pm

wolverine55 wrote:

At the no-so-secret-Gun-Clinic next month, I fully intend on asking the SHG coaches about the struggles of coaching football at a basketball school...

Several years ago SHG hired Tim Allen as their basketball coach. They hit a home run with that hire.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:56 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:

Several years ago SHG hired Tim Allen as their basketball coach. They hit a home run with that hire.

i was a reference. he coached at grant before he got the shg job.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:03 pm

net wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:

i was a reference. he coached at grant before he got the shg job.

This guy has quite the resume. Stand Up comedian in the 80's, Home Improvement in the 90s, Voice of Buzz Lightyear in the 00's, and now a successful basketball coach taking SHG to State. Very Happy
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

ging and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:15 pm

scales mound (enrollment 71) is getting a lot of "hoosiers-like" attention as they have advanced to the 1A final four.

i'm not seeing the same kind of love for yorkville christian (enrollment 64).  hmmm, wonder why? Smile
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:46 pm

i heard on the radio that scales mound has 27 boys in the basketball program.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:26 pm

Yorkville crushes Steeleville 70-27 in the first Semifinal today.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:59 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Yorkville crushes Steeleville 70-27 in the first Semifinal today.

I think that is about what everyone expected. However, I think Liberty may be able to give YC a run for their money.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:59 am

dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Yorkville crushes Steeleville 70-27 in the first Semifinal today.

I think that is about what everyone expected. However, I think Liberty may be able to give YC a run for their money.  

Liberty plays with their hair on fire (no mullet pun intended). I think they need a lot to go right in order to go toe-to-toe with YC.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

guerin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:48 pm

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down