Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumb question

3 posters

Go down

Dumb question  Empty Dumb question

Post by Doctor D Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:56 am

How much (if at all) has the proliferation of NFHS/YouTube/other streaming options changed the resources spent live scouting?
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Dumb question  Empty Re: Dumb question

Post by net Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:11 pm

depends on friday/saturday times. i've scouted 3 games in person this year. refuse to watch nfhs(i don't pay anything), youtube has some funny videos, and other streaming?

i do rely a lot on hudl.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:39 pm

I think HUDL really changed in-person scouting, I wonder how much it even happens now because of HUDL. Having streams available helps see the flow of a game, what penalty occurred, and the pace the offense runs but other than that it's not very useful for scouting purposes. The quality of the videos are so bad you can hardly make out numbers and parts of plays, especially long passes, runs, and returns are missed.

As a fan of HS football, I love having NFHS and Youtube available to see games that I normally wouldn't be able to see due to us having a game or not being able to travel.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:19 am

Thanks for the responses. I neglected to mention HUDL specifically in my original question, but what I basically meant to ask was about using technology in general vs physically sending scouts all over the place.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:57 am

dusty7 wrote:  The quality of the videos are so bad you can hardly make out numbers and parts of plays, especially long passes, runs, and returns are missed.  

then you need to address this at your next conference meeting. almost every team we get video from-we have a mandatory trade of every game-is high def and good quality.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:02 am

net wrote:
dusty7 wrote:  The quality of the videos are so bad you can hardly make out numbers and parts of plays, especially long passes, runs, and returns are missed.  

then you need to address this at your next conference meeting. almost every team we get video from-we have a mandatory trade of every game-is high def and good quality.

I was talking about trying to scout off of NFHS. Our film from in conference teams is mostly pretty good.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down