Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus IV

+19
4a(6afornet)north
Horsefeather
sammy hagar
19delta
mc140
ging
Ghengis Khan
lefty120
wolverine55
Teetime
net
general maximus
OSUBucks
ramblinman
dusty7
tm
tps
Head Idiot
BirdWatcher
23 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Coronavirus IV - Page 16 Empty Re: Coronavirus IV

Post by dusty7 Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:32 am

New York started reporting accurate hospital numbers that tell the whole story of what is going on.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/ny-cautiously-optimistic-amid-1st-signs-omicron-infection-rates-are-slowing-cdc-says-not-at-peak-yet/3484423/%3famp

Almost half of reported NY COVID-19 hospitalizations are not due to COVID-19

https://www.foxnews.com/health/almost-half-reported-ny-covid-19-hospitalizations-not-due-covid-19

This is a trend that we see throughout the country as well.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/omicron-hospital-many-patients-hospitalized-ailments-also-test-positiv-rcna11247

Would like to see data like this from our state.

Looks like Walensky and the CDC will be releasing the data on how many of the 836,000 deaths are WITH COVID and BECAUSE of COVID.  Wonder why it has taken two years to finally start releasing this data.  Should have been done from Day 1.

How is this not racist? https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2021/12/prioritization_of_mabs_during_resource_shortages_20211223_1000_0.pdf

Taken from Page 3
Notes
• We recommend using BMI ≥30 as a cutoff for weight-based risk factor
• The risk of severe disease increases with the number of comorbidities, even among fully vaccinated individuals2
Non-white race or Hispanic/Latino ethnicity should be considered a risk factor, as longstanding systemic health and social inequities have contributed to an increased risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19
• See CDC guidance for further information on specific medical conditions and associated risk
• Fully vaccinated is currently defined as having received two doses of an mRNA vaccine, or a single dose of the Johnson &
Johnson vaccine

So given the scenario of two 65-year-olds who are severely ill, one white and one non-white,  from COVID and there are only a handful of anti-viral pills left, these guidelines state that the Doctor should give the pill to the non-white and not the white person because of what has happened in the past. Rural communities also have a huge amount of health and social inequities but I guess where you live doesn't matter, just your skin color. So because of the history of our country, a white person is less likely to be given a potentially life-saving treatment because of the color of their skin.  Why don't we just adopt this policy for every type of medical treatment?  If it's okay for COVID then why stop there?  Just make this a new mandate for all medical treatments. I can't imagine a policy like this holding up in court and it should be challenged almost immediately.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:57 pm

dusty7 wrote:New York started reporting accurate hospital numbers that tell the whole story of what is going on.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/ny-cautiously-optimistic-amid-1st-signs-omicron-infection-rates-are-slowing-cdc-says-not-at-peak-yet/3484423/%3famp

Almost half of reported NY COVID-19 hospitalizations are not due to COVID-19

https://www.foxnews.com/health/almost-half-reported-ny-covid-19-hospitalizations-not-due-covid-19

This is a trend that we see throughout the country as well.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/omicron-hospital-many-patients-hospitalized-ailments-also-test-positiv-rcna11247

Would like to see data like this from our state.

Looks like Walensky and the CDC will be releasing the data on how many of the 836,000 deaths are WITH COVID and BECAUSE of COVID.  Wonder why it has taken two years to finally start releasing this data.  Should have been done from Day 1.

can't agree more.
but now sleepy joe and his regime has f*cked it up so bad (shortages of covid tests and monoclonal antibodies, ever increasing deaths and cases)  - he needs to change things up.
"I'm going to shut down the virus." he lied or he's incompetent.
the clown show goes on
let's go bran-don.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:30 pm

There are still more Covid deaths under Trump than Biden. Most of the current Covid deaths now are from people who have refused the vaccine. I can’t blame Biden for that. Biden has tried to convince everyone to get vaccinated. All these deaths of unvaccinated people is the result of their own ignorance for believing all these stupid conspiracy theories.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-have-more-americans-died-covid-under-joe-biden-donald-trump-1661528?amp=1
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:02 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
There are still more Covid deaths under Trump than Biden. Most of the current Covid deaths now are from people who have refused the vaccine. I can’t blame Biden for that. Biden has tried to convince everyone to get vaccinated. All these deaths of unvaccinated people is the result of their own ignorance for believing all these stupid conspiracy theories.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-have-more-americans-died-covid-under-joe-biden-donald-trump-1661528?amp=1

Because the Left and Biden's policies on defeating COVID are failing, they are now changing the playbook and trying to do all that they can to continue to blame Trump. It wasn't that long ago that it was a 14 day quarantine, well now it is only 5.  We were told that universal mask mandates work and the science and data have proven they do not, especially against Omicron. Six months ago, many of the policies that are now in place would have been banned from the news or social media. Now that the vaccinated are getting infected and vaccines have proven to not be the end of this pandemic, the left is trying to find something or someone to blame for why we are where we are today.  Remember, Delta came from India and Omicron from South Africa. The lack of Unvaccinated people in the US may result in their death but not in the continuation of this pandemic.

To blame Trump for where we are today is an attempt at clicks and another ill fated attempt by the left to say that Biden is doing a good job in office.  You know, we have have more positive cases since Biden has been in office, and he claimed that the vaccine would defeat the virus.      

When Trump was President the disease was new and Doctors had no clue how to deal with the disease. He closed down the borders (which was futile in my opinion) and was called racist towards Asians by our current President and Speaker of the House. We had not vaccine during the first 11 months of the pandemic while Trump was in office.  We learned very quickly that elderly and immunocompromised people were the most likely to die from the disease and the NY mayor put thousands of people in nursing homes to compensate for the lack of hospital beds.  Remember, the vaccine was developed and initially distributed while Trump was in office.  Trump even took the vaccine and has taken the booster.

The article you posted is a great example of how the left will continue to attempt and blame Trump for where we are at today.  I will give you that he did not handle he situation the best in March and April of 2020, but to even have an article comparing the deaths based on the presidency is an attempt to place the blame for where we are today on him.  Remember, he was one of the first to get vaccinated and was even booed when he said he received the booster. You cannot blame Trump on some people being hesitant on getting the vaccine. As I have stated before, one of my good friends shortly after getting the vaccine.  \"f\"ing, my best friends mom died "because of COVID" and she was fully vaxed and bolstered.  Some of the deaths of unvaccinated people is not based on their own ignorance, they did exactly what they were supposed to do and still died.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:37 pm

You make some valid points but you still can’t refute my main point, which is most of the people dying of Covid in the US today are unvaccinated people. They are unvaccinated because of their own personal choice, a bad choice in my opinion. People who work in ICU units across the country know I am right about this.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:44 pm

It's funny how trump lives rent free in the heads of so many.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:50 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

Biden repeatedly said he would shut down the virus. He hasn't by any measure.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:03 pm

OSUBucks wrote:You make some valid points but you still can’t refute my main point, which is most of the people dying of Covid in the US today are unvaccinated people. They are unvaccinated because of their own personal choice, a bad choice in my opinion. People who work in ICU units across the country know I am right about this.

You need to specify your point...dying "with" or dying "because" of COVID?  

For the past 2 years our government thought there was no difference and now all of a sudden there is a difference.

Last edited by dusty7 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:10 pm

tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

He said "shut down" but it technically, based on numbers, has gotten exponentially worse.  Pretty easy to pick out one number and criticize our President on that number.  

More people have died because from the vaccination under Biden than under Trump.  

More vaccinated people have died while Biden was President than when Trump was President.  

Under Biden's Presidency, we have set numerous daily records for COVID 19  

See, it's pretty easy, maybe I should go work for CNN.  Of course we all know the statements don't tell the whole story.  

And AOC just tested positive after galavanting in Florida.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:43 pm

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:45 pm

tps wrote:It's funny how trump lives rent free in the heads of so many.

Naa, Trump will spend the rest of his life trying to keep himself out of jail. Trump has been cheating people for a good part of his life. The question is if the law will catch up with him before he dies. As we speak Trump is spending millions on legal fees to stall the judicial process. But TPS you just go right ahead and continue to kiss his ass.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:54 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

Naa, Trump will spend the rest of his life trying to keep himself out of jail.  Trump has been cheating people for a good part of his life. The question is if the law will catch up with him before he dies. As we speak Trump is spending millions on legal fees to stall the judicial process. But TPS you just go right ahead and continue to kiss his ass.

Thank you for making my point.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:09 pm

tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Naa, Trump will spend the rest of his life trying to keep himself out of jail.  Trump has been cheating people for a good part of his life. The question is if the law will catch up with him before he dies. As we speak Trump is spending millions on legal fees to stall the judicial process. But TPS you just go right ahead and continue to kiss his ass.

Thank you for making my point.
Only in your mind.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:11 am

tps wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

And the primary reason why the virus hasn't been shut down are all the right wing nut jobs and Trump ass-kissers and anti-vaxxers. They are the principal vectors who have kept the virus raging in this country. They are the ones who are causing our hospitals to overflow. They are the vast majority of the ones who are dying while being infected, regardless of whether it is from it or with it.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:04 pm

ramblinman wrote:

And the primary reason why the virus hasn't been shut down are all the right wing nut jobs and Trump ass-kissers and anti-vaxxers.  They are the principal vectors who have kept the virus raging in this country.  They are the ones who are causing our hospitals to overflow.  They are the vast majority of the ones who are dying while being infected, regardless of whether it is from it or with it.  

So a worldwide pandemic is solely the fault of right-wing Trump supporters?

Even if we "shut down" the virus in the US, it is still happening in other places around the world, but yeah, it is all the fault of the American Conservatives.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:31 pm

dusty7 wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

And the primary reason why the virus hasn't been shut down are all the right wing nut jobs and Trump ass-kissers and anti-vaxxers.  They are the principal vectors who have kept the virus raging in this country.  They are the ones who are causing our hospitals to overflow.  They are the vast majority of the ones who are dying while being infected, regardless of whether it is from it or with it.  

So a worldwide pandemic is solely the fault of right-wing Trump supporters?

Even if we "shut down" the virus in the US, it is still happening in other places around the world, but yeah, it is all the fault of the American Conservatives.

You argue like HHSTF. Do you really think that my words can be construed by anyone with a minimum of intelligence to mean that I am blaming a worldwide pandemic "solely" on right wing Trump supporters? I said NOTHING of the kind, nor did I imply it. Yet, that is what you comprehended from what you read. That's an ongoing issue for you.

My post was in response to tps stating that Biden failed to shut down the virus as he promised. I'm pretty sure Biden wasn't promising to shut it down outside the U.S. My comments were applicable to Biden and the country he leads. Sorry/not sorry if you couldn't infer that from what I wrote and from the context of what tps wrote.

Also, I said nothing about "American Conservatives." There are many conservative Americans who understand the importance of being vaccinated. I said the right-wing nut jobs, Trump ass-kissers, and anti-vaxxers are "primarily responsible," not that it is all their fault. Someone could be a vaxxed and conservative Trump voter, and I'd have no problem with them whatsoever. As I re-read my words, I do realize that I should have written them a little differently so as not give the wrong impression that I think that all right wing nut jobs and Trump ass-kissers are unvaxxed. What I should have said was unvaxxed right wing nut-jobs and unvaxxed Trump ass-kissers.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:40 pm

rent free....

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:40 pm

tps wrote:rent free....

Gee you’re really on top of your game today Bran-Don.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:49 pm

ramblinman wrote:

You argue like HHSTF.  Do you really think that my words can be construed by anyone with a minimum of intelligence to mean that I am blaming a worldwide pandemic "solely" on right wing Trump supporters?  I said NOTHING of the kind, nor did I imply it.   Yet, that is what you comprehended from what you read. That's an ongoing issue for you.

My post was in response to tps stating that Biden failed to shut down the virus as he promised.  I'm pretty sure Biden wasn't promising to shut it down outside the U.S.  My comments were applicable to Biden and the country he leads.  Sorry/not sorry if you couldn't infer that from what I wrote and from the context of what tps wrote.  

Also, I said nothing about "American Conservatives."  There are many conservative Americans who understand the importance of being vaccinated.  I said the right-wing nut jobs, Trump ass-kissers, and anti-vaxxers are "primarily responsible," not that it is all their fault.   Someone could be a vaxxed and conservative Trump voter, and I'd have no problem with them whatsoever.  As I re-read my words, I do realize that I should have written them a little differently so as not give the wrong impression that I think that all right wing nut jobs and Trump ass-kissers are unvaxxed.  What I should have said was unvaxxed right wing nut-jobs and unvaxxed Trump ass-kissers.  

Sorry but some people seem to think that all conservatives are right-wing nut jobs, glad to see you don't.

So to get this straight, you think if all of the right-wing nut jobs, Trump ass-kissers, and anti-vaxxers fell into line, followed all of the safety protocols, got vaccinated, the pandemic would be over within the United States?

Let's take a trip down under and see exactly how things are going in a country that has used very strict lockdowns and has a total of 77% of it's total population vaccinated (Population - 25,690,000, Total Fully from WHO Website - 19,778,022).

Total Cases:
On Dec 23 - 4,939 7-day average
On Jan 9 - 70,311 7 day average

Hospitalizations
On Dec 23 - 796 total, 156 in ICU
On Jan 9 - 2,893 total, 276 in ICU

Based on this evidence, a highly vaccinated country that has practiced much more strict mitigations than the US, is still seeing an increase in cases and hospitalizations. If the goal is to shut down the virus, Australia has not been able to shut it down and either has Spain (vax rate of 81%), Iceland (vax rate of 82.7%, or Gibraltar (vax rate of 97.5%).  All around the world the vaccine and all of the mitigations in the world have not shut down the virus. They may be doing better in terms of hospitalizations and ICU numbers but the virus is in no way shut down.

If Biden would have said, "not let the virus kill your loved ones" or "not let the virus give you a severe illness," then I would say your statement about the right-wing nut jobs would be 100% spot on.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:20 pm

interesting comments from pfizer ceo.
"...the 2 doses of the vaccine offer limited protection, if any..."
https://twitter.com/mazemoore/status/1480951789134483474

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:40 pm

tps wrote:interesting comments from pfizer ceo.
"...the 2 doses of the vaccine offer limited protection, if any..."
https://twitter.com/mazemoore/status/1480951789134483474

Yep, if you got your 2nd shot in March 2021 like I did but never got a booster your protection probably would be pretty limited at this point.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:24 pm

And now they are focusing non an Omicron vaccine which will likely be available after everybody already had it.  

Israeli doctor said 3 shots is probably enough for moat people.  The money grubbing scoundrels of the big pharma probably won't like that too much.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/01/11/covid-vaccine-programs-could-end-with-third-dose-israeli-doctor-says-.html

Pretty funny to me how all of a sudden the things that were considered "fake news" or not based on science are now the talking points. 73% of deaths being those with multiple comorbidities and classifying hospitalizations with and for COVID are a few examples. All things that Joe Rogan stated in his podcast and was smeared by the left.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:49 pm

Joe Rogan?

The ivermectin guy?

From Wiki:
In April 2021, in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rogan stated his belief that young and healthy people should not be concerned about getting vaccinated. Rogan was criticized by White House chief medical advisor Anthony Fauci, who accused him of making misleading comments regarding the COVID-19 vaccines. Subsequently, Rogan backed down his statement, and called himself a "moron" and "not a respected source of information

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:16 pm

Fauci had some exchanges with Senators today that were a little tense. Fauci said he has received death threats from some of the right wing crazies and he claimed that statements made by Republican politicians against him are fueling it. For some reason Fauci is not very popular with those who identify as Republican. The man is just trying to save lives. Is everything he’s said about Covid since February 2020 100% accurate? No but this was a new virus and experts were learning more as time goes on.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:00 pm

I never said Rogan recounted his statements and was a bad example on my part, he was just the example I thought of at the time.  

The stats that are coming out now were once said to be untrue and fake news and now it's the truth, it's the science.  

Yeah we are learning as time with the virus goes on but it is a tough sell to people where in states like Illinois have tons of mitigations and rules where as Iowa, Missouri, and other states do not and cases and hospitalizations are still rising in both areas.

Fauci and the CDC let politics get involved in COVID policy.  What other explanation is there for a sudden change in the reporting of hospitalizations and how deaths are reported?  It was done to dicieve the public on what was/is really happening.  It could have been done from day 1 and you wonder why people don't trust them. I am not saying death threats and such are ever ok but you have to be able to see why people have lost trust in these government bureaucrats and agencies. They purposely did not tell the whole story of this virus.

Experts have different opinions and that is not a bad thing that decision makers are challenged.  We need to be critical of any government entity where it's leaders are appointed by either one of the political parties.  Sadly, anyone who disagreed or asked questions that challenge the decision makers were automatically cancelled or portrayed as crackpots by the media. I remember JB getting really pissed at a reporter for asking the percent of hospitalizations that were with COVID. I think he later banned her from asking questions.

Below great example of what needs to be done a civil discussion on benefits and potential drawbacks on any policy, including vaccines.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/01/should-teens-get-booster-omicron/621222/

Last edited by dusty7 on Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next