Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest live heavy metal album ever

+8
net
Doctor D
wolverine55
OSUBucks
Horsefeather
Head Idiot
dusty7
19delta
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Greatest live heavy metal album ever - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest live heavy metal album ever

Post by Head Idiot Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:22 pm

dusty7 wrote:
Teetime wrote:I admire how much joy you guys all take in this genre of music.

I have never listened to a heavy metal album and if a heavy metal song comes on the radio I'm listening to, I change the station.

I like almost every other kind of music...just not this. It must be me.

As a metalhead, my immediate response is that you just haven't heard anything good!

The classification of Heavy Metal is very wide, it ranges from Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple to Metallica, to Slipknot, to Cannibal Corpse, to the Outlaws.  Some people even include the Grunge era bands as Heavy Metal. Hell, I heard Metallica on an Adult Contemporary station a few weeks ago which definitely diminishes the little street cred they have left.
Metallica plays more frequently on the Jack FM randome, we play what we want station in Decatur more than it does on the rock station for some reason.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Greatest live heavy metal album ever - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest live heavy metal album ever

Post by net Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:19 am

dusty7 wrote:

I have never listened to a heavy metal album and if a heavy metal song comes on the radio I'm listening to, I change the station.

As a metalhead, my immediate response is that you just haven't heard anything good!

disagree here with you. i hate country. top 40 makes me want to puke. if you told me i just haven't heard any good country or top 40 you'd still have absolutely no chance of 'converting' me to those genres.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:20 am

net wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

disagree here with you. i hate country. top 40 makes me want to puke. if you told me i just haven't heard any good country or top 40 you'd still have absolutely no chance of 'converting' me to those genres.
It's like the bro telling a lesbian she only thinks she's a lesbian because she hasn't had it given to her right.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

newcom and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:56 pm

I have really been listening to a lot of Seether recently. Their new song Dangerous is fantastic. Words as Weapons is probably my favorite. My two kids really like Country Song.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:31 am

wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Huck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:45 pm

Saw that the other day and was going to post, but got sidetracked. Quality effort putting those two songs together.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:32 pm

What if Metallica was a southern metal band-
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:02 pm

New Maiden single and video is great:

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:14 pm

19delta wrote:New Maiden single and video is great:

Nice to see Maiden can still put out quality music!
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:46 pm

dusty7 wrote:

I was a HUGE Maiden fan in high school. One of the first concerts I ever saw was Maiden on the "Somewhere in Time" tour when I was in 7th or 8th grade. I remember it because it was a late night and I had school the next day. My dad (pretty cool) took me and 3 friends to the show. I'm thinking it was the Rosemont Horizon.

The last album I remember well was "7th Son of a 7th Son". "No Prayer For the Dying" came out probably my senior year and it was...not good. I lost touch after that. I got back into them after "The Final Frontier" about 10 years ago.

Bruce Dickinson sounds the same as he did 35 years ago. Dude has some pipes and is a really amazing guy...writer, world-class fencing champion, airline pilot. Guy has crammed a ton of life into 60 years.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:30 pm

19delta wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

I was a HUGE Maiden fan in high school. One of the first concerts I ever saw was Maiden on the "Somewhere in Time" tour when I was in 7th or 8th grade. I remember it because it was a late night and I had school the next day. My dad (pretty cool) took me and 3 friends to the show. I'm thinking it was the Rosemont Horizon.

The last album I remember well was "7th Son of a 7th Son". "No Prayer For the Dying" came out probably my senior year and it was...not good. I lost touch after that. I got back into them after "The Final Frontier" about 10 years ago.

Bruce Dickinson sounds the same as he did 35 years ago. Dude has some pipes and is a really amazing guy...writer, world-class fencing champion, airline pilot. Guy has crammed a ton of life into 60 years.

They are phenomenal live. Saw them at Ozzfest in '05. One of the best live shows ever on the Ozzfest tour. I went every year from '99 to '06 and Maiden, Black Sabbath, Ozzy (on 2nd Stage), Avenged Sevenfold, and Killswitch Engage were some of the best shows I can remember.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:39 pm

Lost two legends in two days.

Joey Jordison, one of the founding members and original drummer of Slipknot died on Monday. He suffered from a form of myelitis in which he temporary lost the use of his legs which bless to him being kicked out of Slipknot.

Dusty Hill who was the bass player in ZZ Top. Ways a really laid back guy and never let the fame get to his head. Actually worked in an airport in the late 70/early 80s just to get a sense of normalcy.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:31 pm

dusty7 wrote:Lost two legends in two days.

Joey Jordison, one of the founding members and original drummer of Slipknot died on Monday.  He suffered from a form of myelitis in which he temporary lost the use of his legs which bless to him being kicked out of Slipknot.  

Dusty Hill who was the bass player in ZZ Top. Ways a really laid back guy and never let the fame get to his head.  Actually worked in an airport in the late 70/early 80s just to get a sense of normalcy.  

I saw ZZ Top in Tinley Park 2 years ago. They were great. Same 3 guys. Same 3 chords. 50 years. Amazing.

Jordison was a terrific heavy metal drummer.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2