Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest live heavy metal album ever

+8
net
Doctor D
wolverine55
OSUBucks
Horsefeather
Head Idiot
dusty7
19delta
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Greatest live heavy metal album ever Empty Greatest live heavy metal album ever

Post by 19delta Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:19 pm

I'm going with "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Greatest live heavy metal album ever Empty Re: Greatest live heavy metal album ever

Post by dusty7 Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:29 pm

Yes, Live after Death is awesome. Iron Maiden was definitely one of the top 5 best live performances I've ever seen.

For me, tough to beat MetallicA's Live Shit Binge and Purge Live set at Seattle in 1989. I have an old Bootleg cassette I got in 5th grade.

AC/DC LIve is also pretty solid.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Greatest live heavy metal album ever Empty Re: Greatest live heavy metal album ever

Post by Head Idiot Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:56 pm

I don't know if you'd consider it metal, but Led Zeppelin's BBC sessions is really good.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:15 pm

Kiss Alive II
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Old Duke likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:25 pm

Metallica Master of Puppets or Black Sabbath Paranoid.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:20 pm

19delta wrote:I'm going with "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden.

I like "A Real Live One" because of how awesome the "Fear of the Dark" track is on that one. When I was in 7th grade, our basketball team would turn out the lights in our locker room before the game and play that song. We were a, let's just say, unique group...even for 7th graders, lol!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:22 pm

dusty7 wrote:Yes, Live after Death is awesome.  Iron Maiden was definitely one of the top 5 best live performances I've ever seen.

For me, tough to beat MetallicA's Live Shit Binge and Purge Live set at Seattle in 1989.  I have an old Bootleg cassette I got in 5th grade.  

AC/DC LIve  is also pretty solid.  

I've sort of soured on ACDC over the years. Their new song does nothing for me. But, ACDC Live is essentially their greatest hits album and also very good.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:29 pm

The reason I posted is that I was listening to "Live After Death" on YouTube Music and Bruce Dickinson's "Scream for me, Long Beach!" was edited out right before "The Flight of Icarus". I had to dig out my 30-year-old CD and then root around to find a CD player to prove to my kids that he actually said it. 😆
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:33 pm

wolverine55 wrote:
dusty7 wrote:Yes, Live after Death is awesome.  Iron Maiden was definitely one of the top 5 best live performances I've ever seen.

For me, tough to beat MetallicA's Live Shit Binge and Purge Live set at Seattle in 1989.  I have an old Bootleg cassette I got in 5th grade.  

I've sort of soured on ACDC over the years.  Their new song does nothing for me.  But, ACDC Live is essentially their greatest hits album and also very good.

Solid live album. B+. Does not include the greatest AC/DC song ever, "Walk All Over You".
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:36 pm

wolverine55 wrote:
19delta wrote:I'm going with "Live After Death" by Iron Maiden.

I like "A Real Live One" because of how awesome the "Fear of the Dark" track is on that one.  When I was in 7th grade, our basketball team would turn out the lights in our locker room before the game and play that song.  We were a, let's just say, unique group...even for 7th graders, lol!

7th Son of a 7th Son was my last Maiden album before I rediscovered them on "The Final Frontier" about 5 years ago.i seem to remember them hitting a dry spot around the time I graduated high school (1992).
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:38 pm

I had ""Live After Death" on cassette and on CD. The cassette had 2-3 extra songs on it, IIRC.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:56 pm

wolverine55 wrote:

I've sort of soured on ACDC over the years.  Their new song does nothing for me.  But, ACDC Live is essentially their greatest hits album and also very good.
ACDC has been playing the same song for 40 years.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Old Duke and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:08 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:

Ever since Bon Scott died and they released Back in Black. Which coincidentally was about 40 years ago.

Last edited by Doctor D on Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:25 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:

That's accurate!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:26 pm

I won't attempt to argue it's the greatest, but Official Live: 101 Proof was my introduction to Pantera. I wasn't really into them at all until I heard that live album.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:08 am

wolverine55 wrote:I won't attempt to argue it's the greatest, but Official Live: 101 Proof was my introduction to Pantera. I wasn't really into them at all until I heard that live album.

I completely forgot about Official: 101 Proof. I rebuke my first post, this is by far my favorite.

AC/DC does the same thing over and over but the energy in their live show can be heard in the album.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:46 am

Another great live heavy metal album is "Tribute" by Ozzy Osbourne.

I was never a huge Ozzy fan but that album blew me away. The production on Ozzy's 80s records was terrible. The songs sound like they were recorded underwater. For example, listen to the studio version of "Crazy Train" and then listen to the "Tribute" version. The "Tribute" version blows it away.

Great album.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:53 am

wolverine55 wrote:I won't attempt to argue it's the greatest, but Official Live:  101 Proof was my introduction to Pantera.  I wasn't really into them at all until I heard that live album.

I saw them live at the Rosemont Horizon probably around 1995 or so. Great live band.

Whenever I hear "Walk", it immediately takes me back to the Aurora University weight room circa 1992... 😆
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:12 am

judas priest-unleashed in the east.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:26 am

Not sure of everyones definition of "heavy Metal" is but here are some of my favorites in no particular order:

Deep Purple Made in Japan
UFO Strangers in the Night
Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo
Iron Maiden Live After Death
Kiss Alive
AC/DC If you want blood
Judas Priest Unleashed in the East
Scorpions World Wide Live
Aerosmith Live Bootleg

2 of my other favorite live albums...Foghat Live and Frampton Comes Alive

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by sammy hagar Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:54 am

Scorpions' World Wide Live

sammy hagar
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:56 am

Knickelback afro scratch king
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:54 pm

newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:53 pm

I admire how much joy you guys all take in this genre of music.

I have never listened to a heavy metal album and if a heavy metal song comes on the radio I'm listening to, I change the station.

I like almost every other kind of music...just not this. It must be me.

Admin

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Teetime wrote:I admire how much joy you guys all take in this genre of music.

I have never listened to a heavy metal album and if a heavy metal song comes on the radio I'm listening to, I change the station.

I like almost every other kind of music...just not this. It must be me.

As a metalhead, my immediate response is that you just haven't heard anything good!

The classification of Heavy Metal is very wide, it ranges from Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple to Metallica, to Slipknot, to Cannibal Corpse, to the Outlaws. Some people even include the Grunge era bands as Heavy Metal. Hell, I heard Metallica on an Adult Contemporary station a few weeks ago which definitely diminishes the little street cred they have left.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next