Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Pro Football Broadcasting Team ever.

+8
OldTitan
Bighitter11
wolverine55
dusty7
OSUBucks
Head Idiot
lefty120
newcom
12 posters

Go down

Best Pro Football Broadcasting Team ever. Empty Best Pro Football Broadcasting Team ever.

Post by newcom Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:02 am

Pat Summeral & John Madden always made me think Pro Football. cheers cheers
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Best Pro Football Broadcasting Team ever. Empty Re: Best Pro Football Broadcasting Team ever.

Post by lefty120 Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:08 am

Madden and Summeral were really good.

The one's I really like right now are Brad Nessler and Gary Daniels on CBS for college football. I also loved the continuity of Gruden and Sean McDonough the one season they were on MNF.

It also may be unpopular, but I love Jim Nantz and Romo...Romo is really good.

I hate Buck and Aikman.

lefty120
Bee-otch

general maximus and newcom like this post

Back to top Go down

Best Pro Football Broadcasting Team ever. Empty Re: Best Pro Football Broadcasting Team ever.

Post by Head Idiot Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:10 am

I would go with Nantz and Romo too.

I know you'll call me a homer, but Jason Bennetti is really good on college football.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:11 am

newcom wrote:
Pat Summeral & John Madden always made me think Pro Football.  cheers  cheers

Those two were great. Presently Jim Nantz & Tony Romo are really good. Chris Spielman and Kevin Kugler are good. Spielman can really break down what's going on on the field.

Last edited by OSUBucks on Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

newcom, lefty120 and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:13 am

There are far more bad announcers now it seems than good ones.

Aikman is \"f\"ing miserable to listen to.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

newcom and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:16 am

When the Bears suck, which is usual, man there are some real bad Fox and CBS 3rd and 4th stringers. I think most of us could jump on there and do a better job.

lefty120
Bee-otch

general maximus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:35 am

Summerall and Madden were the all time best. Today I like Spielman and Kugler. Romo and Nantz are good but sometimes I get tired of hearing Romo and his explanations. I think he was better 2 years ago than he is now.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:37 am

Oddly, I sort of think about sports announcers and rappers the same way:  the modern ones are making me realize how good the older ones were.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

general maximus and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:45 am

Usually turn down the Volume for the NFL broadcast but Id take Gary Danielson and Vern Lundquist on a CBS College Football Saturday anyday.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Agree with what most have said. For college football I always enjoyed Keith Jackson.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

lefty120 and center like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:09 pm

OldTitan wrote:Agree with what most have said. For college football I always enjoyed Keith Jackson.

Woah Nelly! Smile
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:26 pm

Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell, Don Meredith

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:30 pm

tps wrote:Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell, Don Meredith

Cosell drank before, during and after Monday Night Football games. He once puked on Don Meredith's boots during the game. Laughing
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:20 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I would go with Nantz and Romo too.

I know you'll call me a homer, but Jason Bennetti is really good on college football.
I should add that Nantz and Romo are the best now. There will never be a tops to Madden and Summerall for me personally. That just screams Sunday afternoon.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by niewi 24 Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:53 am

I could listen to Al Michaels call a badminton match. And I know Collinsworth is not a popular guy, but I think he does a good job.

In terms of college right now, I like Mike Tirico and Tony Dungy doing ND games. I also like Jason Benetti doing any of his three sports he calls.
niewi 24
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:42 am

Always remembered Summerall and Madden on CBS and Endberg(Oh my!) and Olsen on NBC.

Have to go with Nantz and Romo as best in todays games...I think Aikman could be tolerable if they got him another partner....

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:45 am

Head Idiot wrote:I would go with Nantz and Romo too.

Don't want to steal the thread...but I like Bennetti...very good in college basketball too.Also think that Stone and Bennetti get better the more they work together on Sox broadcasts.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:49 pm

On a side note: Caught Dan Orlovsky doing a college game yesterday. My newest least favorite EVER!

We get it Dan, you're always the smartest guy in the room. You can stop trying to prove it every play.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

ging likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:26 pm

Chukam All wrote:On a side note: Caught Dan Orlovsky doing a college game yesterday. My newest least favorite EVER!

We get it Dan, you're always the smartest guy in the room. You can stop trying to prove it every play.
Agreed. I don't understand why he's a thing much in the same way I don't understand Chris Simms.

I guess Orlovsky did at least have more than a cup of coffee in the NFL. Simms on the other hand...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:58 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Chukam All wrote:On a side note: Caught Dan Orlovsky doing a college game yesterday. My newest least favorite EVER!

Agreed. I don't understand why he's a thing much in the same way I don't understand Chris Simms.
I guess Orlovsky did at least have more than a cup of coffee in the NFL. Simms on the other hand...
I don't mind Dan on the morning shows where he's paid to breakdown plays. But I don't need/want a PHD dissertation on every play during a game. As for Simms, I think Chris having a job is someone doing Phil a favor.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:56 am

Turks ADD shows on every post LOL!!
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down