Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

morris hospital

5 posters

Go down

morris hospital Empty morris hospital

Post by ging Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:17 pm

sorry to hear this:

On Wednesday, Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers reported a 400% increase in COVID hospitalizations since beginning of November.

Morris Hospital had 39 COVID positive inpatients at Morris Hospital on Tuesday, nearly half of the hospital's 80 total inpatients.

"Our ICU beds and intermediate care beds are all full," Mark Steadham, president & CEO of Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers said in a news release from the hospital. "Yesterday, we had three open beds on our medical/surgical units and five patients holding in our emergency department because we don’t have the right bed placement available. The situation is very serious and well beyond anything we experienced last spring.”

ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

morris hospital Empty Re: morris hospital

Post by OSUBucks Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:11 pm

What you describe In Morris ging is happening in many other places in Illinois. The Pandemic is worse now than at any time this year by a substantial amount. The recent surge is worse by percentage in rural areas than urban areas. I was surprised when I first learned this. After I thought of this it does make more sense. In the recent election Trump won big in rural areas where Biden won in Urban areas. Also Biden voters in general take the virus more seriously than Trump voters. I'm not trying to politicize this but there does seem to be a correlation.
My advice is that whenever you go out in public wear your mask. Having large social gatherings in your home is risky. I also urge our members on here to get vaccinated whenever a vaccine becomes available.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:36 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I also urge our members on here to get vaccinated whenever a vaccine becomes available.
But it might not work for me...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:40 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I also urge our members on here to get vaccinated whenever a vaccine becomes available.

Pfizer announced today that their vaccine is 95% effective. For 65 and over 94% effective. I like the odds of it protecting you HI.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:49 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Pfizer announced today that their vaccine is 95% effective. For 65 and over 94% effective. I like the odds of it protecting you HI.
I was more making a smart ass comment about the mask thing from the rona thread.

I'm good without though. Thanks.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:51 pm

That's your call, stay safe.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:04 pm

OSUBucks wrote:That's your call, stay safe.
You as well.

And may the force be with you.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:57 am

ging wrote:sorry to hear this:

On Wednesday, Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers reported a 400% increase in COVID hospitalizations since beginning of November.

Morris Hospital had 39 COVID positive inpatients at Morris Hospital on Tuesday, nearly half of the hospital's 80 total inpatients.

"Our ICU beds and intermediate care beds are all full," Mark Steadham, president & CEO of Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers said in a news release from the hospital. "Yesterday, we had three open beds on our medical/surgical units and five patients holding in our emergency department because we don’t have the right bed placement available. The situation is very serious and well beyond anything we experienced last spring.”

A few of the businesses that were open despite mandates are now closed due to employees testing positive. In Grundy County since March thru November 6th there were 1700 positive cases in the county ......almost 700 of those cases were from November 1st thru the 6th. I heard there were another 700 + cases last week.

As far as the hospital being full,that becomes scary when you think of what could happen. Those of you not familiar with Morris,there are several chemical plants,nuclear plants,a few manufacturing facilities along with the influx of warehouses, not to mention that I 80 and I 55 along with Rt 47 that have a lot of traffic every day.With no beds available it makes for a possible scenerio that no one wants to see.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:47 am

OSUBucks wrote:What you describe In Morris ging is happening in many other places in Illinois. The Pandemic is worse now than at any time this year by a substantial amount. The recent surge is worse by percentage in rural areas than urban areas. I was surprised when I first learned this. After I thought of this it does make more sense. In the recent election Trump won big in rural areas where Biden won in Urban areas. Also Biden voters in general take the virus more seriously than Trump voters. I'm not trying to politicize this but there does seem to be a correlation.
My advice is that whenever you go out in public wear your mask. Having large social gatherings in your home is risky. I also urge our members on here to get vaccinated whenever a vaccine becomes available.

You are on to something here but I think it has little to do with who the individuals supported during the election and more to do with the Virus spreading to areas that it did not spread to in the spring and summer.

It's troubling to hear about the spike in Kankakee, Will, and Grundy counties at this time and the current treatments seem to be working well for those that don't wait until their symptoms become too severe. Hopefully in the next few weeks the situation will improve.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down