Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

il state fair.......

+3
wolverine55
Pike Bishop
net
7 posters

Go down

il state fair....... Empty il state fair.......

Post by net Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:30 pm

does anyone here ever go? i'll probably run out mon, tues or wed afternoon just to get a corn dog and lemonade shake up from a friend's stand and grab a rack of ribs from 17th street bbq. it's always fun to talk to the legend himself, mike mills. super nice guy and he takes time out to speak to anyone and everyone. other than that, i'd probably never go.

as of today, i have not succeeded in making it to the north end of the patch. fingers semi crossed for tomorrow. Rolling Eyes just want ribs.

Last edited by net on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

il state fair....... Empty Re: il state fair.......

Post by Pike Bishop Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:59 pm

net wrote:does anyone here ever go? i'll probably run out mon, tues or wed afternoon just to get a corn dog and lemonade shake up from a friend's stand and grab a rack of ribs from 17th street bbq. it's always fun to talk to the legend himself, mike mills. super nice guy and he takes time out to speak to anyone and everyone. other than that, i'd probably never go.

My State Trooper son-in-law working the State Fair again this year. I doubt if I make it out there. I don't want to inhibit my players hitting up on fair chicks.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:45 am

I'm at the Iowa State Fair. First time I've gone. Tonight's damage was a funnel cake, a fried twinkie, a pork brisket sandwich and fries, and then a beef Po-Boy for the late night snack. I'll update on how I feel when I wake up in the morning...

Main reason I'm here is the Slipknot concert tomorrow.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:31 am

wolverine55 wrote:I'm at the Iowa State Fair.  First time I've gone.  Tonight's damage was a funnel cake, a fried twinkie, a pork brisket sandwich and fries, and then a beef Po-Boy for the late night snack.  I'll update on how I feel when I wake up in the morning...

Main reason I'm here is the Slipknot concert tomorrow.  
I have heard the new CD is really good. Enjoy the show. Let us know of any interesting people watching that occurs.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:32 am

net wrote:does anyone here ever go? i'll probably run out mon, tues or wed afternoon just to get a corn dog and lemonade shake up from a friend's stand and grab a rack of ribs from 17th street bbq. it's always fun to talk to the legend himself, mike mills. super nice guy and he takes time out to speak to anyone and everyone. other than that, i'd probably never go.
The fam and I went last year, not going to make it over this year. Then again, last year was the first time in 10 years I'd been. It was a pretty good time.

Ate at Huddle House in Williamsville on the way down. Left on a Saturday after practice in Lincoln.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:41 pm

I went today with my grandsons and my son, his wife and my daughter. Had a lot of fun with the little ones seeing animals and being close enough to touch them. Lots of tasty foods, none of which were good for me.

I went at about 9am to avoid the crowds and the heat of the day. For the most part that was a successful plan.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:36 pm

I am boycotting the Illinois State Fair because of the dumb ass decision to cancel a very good band because of their name. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Our friggin state is a complete lost cause.

Just sayin...
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by eakaby Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:12 pm

Wasn’t that the DuQuoin State Fair? Just sayin’...
eakaby
eakaby
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:35 pm

eakaby wrote:Wasn’t that the DuQuoin State Fair?  Just sayin’...

even though it's newcom replying, he is correct, duquoin is an illinois state fair.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down