Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCSA (Next College Student Athlete)

+2
Bighitter11
19delta
6 posters

Go down

NCSA (Next College Student Athlete) Empty NCSA (Next College Student Athlete)

Post by 19delta Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:57 pm

Do you guys know anything about this company?

https://www.ncsasports.org/

My kid must have filled out some kind of online questionnaire and now I am getting text messages that say:

"Hi. I just tried calling you to learn more about (name) as a potential college athlete. Please call me back at ***-***-**** - Richard, NSCA"

As it is the exact same text message every time, it is obviously auto-generated. What does a company like this do, exactly, in regards to the services they provide? How much does it cost? My kid is NOT going to get an athletic scholarship. He's an above-average small-school athlete but nothing spectacular. Are companies like NCSA just a conjob or do they offer any worthwhile benefits?

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

NCSA (Next College Student Athlete) Empty Re: NCSA (Next College Student Athlete)

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:00 pm

MONEY GRAB!!!!!!!
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

NCSA (Next College Student Athlete) Empty Re: NCSA (Next College Student Athlete)

Post by 19delta Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:28 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:MONEY GRAB!!!!!!!

So it is a scam?

What do they say they will do for you if you sign up for their services?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:55 pm

I had kids that used this about 10 years ago. Seemed like a total waste of money. Its 2019 not 1999 anymore. You said it yourself your kid is not going to get a scholarship to play ball most likely. You can save yourself alot of money doing things on your own and still find a place to play ball and get a good education.

Whats the NCSA going to do for you? Hit up some magical hidden contact and get you that free ride. They will this and that for you and you will still end up probably at a D3 school which is fine but saving yourself a couple thousand in the process.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:49 pm

19delta wrote: Please call me back at ***-***-**** - Richard, NSCA"

Richard?

That guy is a dick.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:07 pm

do NOT pay money for any service like that. there's no harm in using the free stuff, but that's how they try to get ya.

i believe in the old adage "if you're good enough, they'll find ya".
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:28 pm

This is a scam...we get the same calls for our son who's a junior and the exact same message gets left on my phone...dude, he ain't gonna get paid to play college sports.  We are gonna pay a ton for him to play if that's what we decide.  And we sure as heck aren't paying you to advertise a 5'10", 200 lb. linebacker who runs a 4.9 40 with track spikes on and a 30 mph wind behind him.

Last edited by lefty120 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:16 pm

I have a thrower wasting her money on this place monthly right now. I told her it is a scam but she knows better than I do. scratch

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:28 pm

while we're on the subject, if you've ever seen the "recruit me" link on every college teams' website or a "recruiting form" to fill out, be advised (if you didn't already know) that the information you submit on those goes to the admissions reps offices at the colleges and likely is not seen by any coaches or the athletic department. it's just another way for schools to get contact information, etc.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down