Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not this shit again......

+26
morrisfan
general maximus
cameraman
wilky
Garrett
25sparky
newcom
grundy
ramblinman
guerin2.0
tincup1215
OSUBucks
ging
net
Doctor D
Wally Gator
Big E
dusty7
Teetime
SIFBCoach7
Bighitter11
OldTitan
wolverine55
Head Idiot
4a(6afornet)north
30 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Not this shit again...... - Page 7 Empty Re: Not this shit again......

Post by ging Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:30 am

like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives...

"BREAKING!!!!!!

Per the Geneseo School District website the school board will meet Wednesday to discuss and vote to join the Western Big 6 Conference. At this time neither side wants to talk on the record."

-per Quad City Online sports writer Jeff Wendland's twitter

https://twitter.com/jaydub_DA/status/976089977682649088
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:07 am

ging wrote:like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives...

"BREAKING!!!!!!

Per the Geneseo School District website the school board will meet Wednesday to discuss and vote to join the Western Big 6 Conference. At this time neither side wants to talk on the record."

-per Quad City Online sports writer Jeff Wendland's twitter

https://twitter.com/jaydub_DA/status/976089977682649088

drunken WTF

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:59 am

Not this shit again...... - Page 7 Dun_du10
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:07 pm

and sterling has also been invited to join the wb6.  not sure if/when the sterling board will vote on it.

so this could leave the I8 with 7 teams. will kaneland then get an invite?
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:07 pm

Quincy --> Sterling: 3:17 drive.
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:29 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:Quincy --> Sterling: 3:17 drive.

Quincy to Rock Island 2:45
Quincy to Moline  2:45
Quincy to Alleman 2:45
Quincy to Galesburg 1:40
Quincy to East Moline 2:45

Quincy to Geneseo 2:40

Quincy is in no man's land
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:26 pm

tincup1215 wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:Quincy --> Sterling: 3:17 drive.

Quincy to Rock Island 2:45
Quincy to Moline  2:45
Quincy to Alleman 2:45
Quincy to Galesburg 1:40
Quincy to East Moline 2:45

Quincy to Geneseo 2:40

Quincy is in no man's land

Touche'
+1
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 pm

tincup1215 wrote:Quincy is in no man's land

This made me laugh. Different sales people in my office have had Quincy as part of their territory over the years. All them explain getting there like they were on a journey across Antarctica. No quick way to get there.
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:01 pm

tm wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:Quincy is in no man's land

This made me laugh. Different sales people in my office have had Quincy as part of their territory over the years. All them explain getting there like they were on a journey across Antarctica. No quick way to get there.

Depends on where you are starting from. Pretty much a straight shot west of Jacksonville and Springfield on interstate highway all the way. Back roads to/from just about everywhere else.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:46 pm

That Interstate was pretty controversial when it finally got funded.

That was back when governments had a little money.

There are times that I drive on it and don't see another car for a while. It has to have the lowest usage level of any interstate in the mid-west.

Were we done talking about Conferences and Districts? Should we talk about interstates for a while?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:41 pm

Teetime wrote:That Interstate was pretty controversial when it finally got funded.

There are times that I drive on it and don't see another car for a while. It has to have the lowest usage level of any interstate in the mid-west.

Were we done talking about Conferences and Districts? Should we talk about interstates for a while?
155 from Lincoln to Peoria can be a little sparse sometimes.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:21 pm

Sterling will make the WB6 move official tomorrow morning
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:04 am

Teetime wrote:That Interstate was pretty controversial when it finally got funded.

Been on it once in the middle of the day driving from Quincy to Springfield and had the road to myself.  

As you likely know, that interstate ends/starts in Quincy.  The low usage level is because  there's no interstate traffic passing through or around Quincy from the west.  No reason to extend I-72 west and split the middle between I-80 and I-70, the major east-west cross country interstates serving central states that are west of the Mississippi River.  There simply aren't any medium-to-large cities west of Quincy in Missouri, Kansas, or Colorado that aren't already served by those other two interstates.

I certainly understand the controversy. Why extend the interstate from Springfield to a very small city like Quincy and have it end there?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:13 am

ramblinman wrote:

Been on it once in the middle of the day driving from Quincy to Springfield and had the road to myself.  

As you likely know, that interstate ends/starts in Quincy.  The low usage level is because  there's no interstate traffic passing through or around Quincy from the west.  No reason to extend I-72 west and split the middle between I-80 and I-70, the major east-west cross country interstates serving central states that are west of the Mississippi River.  There simply aren't any medium-to-large cities west of Quincy in Missouri, Kansas, or Colorado that aren't already served by those other two interstates.  

I certainly understand the controversy.  Why extend the interstate from Springfield to a very small city like Quincy and have it end there?
I think the idea was to try to spur some development in the western half of the state. IIRC there was also “plans” for a north south road to do the same, but it was never green lighted.

It needs all the roads it can get. Getting around out there is a nightmare compared to the central/northern parts.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:50 am

tincup1215 wrote:
ging wrote:
wilky wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:Invite Kaneland and Sterling and have a 10 team closed conference.  No more trying to find non-con opponents.  

I like this and would be all in favor of it. get a true conference champ and have some really battle tested teams come playoffs and not just for football.

agreed...but i don't think plano or sandwich want that.

So let's cater to the 2 schools who have had no conference affiliation with any of the current 6 and leave Kaneland and Sterling out in the dust who have had a combined 120 years of conference partnership with the 6 schools.  

Plano and Sandwich are easier wins on the schedule.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:44 pm

mc140 wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:
ging wrote:
wilky wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:Invite Kaneland and Sterling and have a 10 team closed conference.  No more trying to find non-con opponents.  

I like this and would be all in favor of it. get a true conference champ and have some really battle tested teams come playoffs and not just for football.

agreed...but i don't think plano or sandwich want that.

So let's cater to the 2 schools who have had no conference affiliation with any of the current 6 and leave Kaneland and Sterling out in the dust who have had a combined 120 years of conference partnership with the 6 schools.  

Plano and Sandwich are easier wins on the schedule.
Turk's- Calling Spades Spades since 2003(ish)...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

I certainly understand the controversy.  Why extend the interstate from Springfield to a very small city like Quincy and have it end there?
I think the idea was to try to spur some development in the western half of the state.  IIRC there was also “plans” for a north south road to do the same, but it was never green lighted.

It needs all the roads it can get.  Getting around out there is a nightmare compared to the central/northern parts.

When Morris played in Qunicy the past season,I think they left Wednesday afternoon to get there....in comparison they didn't leave till Thursday night to get to Geneseo.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I think the idea was to try to spur some development in the western half of the state.  IIRC there was also “plans” for a north south road to do the same, but it was never green lighted.

It needs all the roads it can get.  Getting around out there is a nightmare compared to the central/northern parts.

Yeah, but the extension to Quincy doesn't intersect with any other interstates once you get there. It now is the start/end point for that interstate. All it did was make it easier to get in between Springfield and Quincy, two relatively small cities. No connections to any other direct routes that lead to more populated areas like St. Louis to the south or Chicago to the northeast.

The reason why that part of the state is a nightmare is because of low population density. You need to have the people to justify the roads. Makes little sense to have a robust road network in areas where there are relatively few people.

Extending an interstate highway 110 miles to end in a small city in the name of spurring development along that corridor is a gamble. Usually, roads are built in response to increased development/population density, and not in anticipation of same. I don't know enough about the area to know if that extension has paid off like they wanted it to or not, but from some of the anecdotal observations in this thread, it would appear that it is not a very busy extension at all.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:46 pm

You're right, we should just dump more resources toward Chicago...

End derailment.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Head Idiot wrote:You're right, we should just dump more resources toward Chicago...

As opposed to dumping them where few people can use them.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:09 pm

The irony,

HB and Ramblin are debating in a thread titled "Not this shit again..."
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by #35 Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:19 pm

Sterling to Quincy is all 4 lanes: 88 to 74 to 34 at Galesburg, and down 67 through Macomb, 136, 336 - if I'm not mistaken.

Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:16 pm

Some 2 lane on North Side of Macomb but less than 10 miles. Go to Ozarks that way every year.
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by #35 Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:54 am

Hearing that part of US 34 near Galesburg will be closed "for months" to be redone.

I guess they're gearing for all the new Geneseo & Sterling traffic lol

Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:18 pm

#35 wrote:Hearing that part of US 34 near Galesburg will be closed "for months" to be redone.

I guess they're gearing for all the new Geneseo & Sterling traffic lol

I was talking to two track coaches in our conference Friday night. One of them said that his AD told him that Jacksonville wants to get out of the CS-8 because they are struggling to compete. The problem is their geographical location and what conference would take them. The Mississippi Valley Conference was mentioned by the source. Dickie Dunn has not written about it yet so I don't know how much of it is true.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum