Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not this shit again......

+26
morrisfan
general maximus
cameraman
wilky
Garrett
25sparky
newcom
grundy
ramblinman
guerin2.0
tincup1215
OSUBucks
ging
net
Doctor D
Wally Gator
Big E
dusty7
Teetime
SIFBCoach7
Bighitter11
OldTitan
wolverine55
Head Idiot
4a(6afornet)north
30 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Not this shit again...... - Page 6 Empty Re: Not this shit again......

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:09 pm

So you are saying it will only be a 7 team conference? LOL

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:26 pm

It's been 10 years since the IHSA last implemented a major change (more classifications). They are due for another big change and it should be districts.
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by 25sparky Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:17 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:So you are saying it will only be a 7 team conference? LOL

Yep..lol

25sparky
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:24 am

ging wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:If Sycamore is invited before/over Sterling... someone from Sterling must have really ticked off the other West schools.  Or they did get an invite and couldn't read it

challenge: i would like to hear the truth from someone regarding sterling being shunned by the new league.  
difficulty: without using the words "competitive balance", "geography", or "enrollment".

Sterling is 31-5 the last three years in 5a - no thanks.

There ya' go.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm

OldTitan wrote:
ging wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:If Sycamore is invited before/over Sterling... someone from Sterling must have really ticked off the other West schools.  Or they did get an invite and couldn't read it

challenge: i would like to hear the truth from someone regarding sterling being shunned by the new league.  
difficulty: without using the words "competitive balance", "geography", or "enrollment".

Sterling is 31-5 the last three years in 5a - no thanks.

There ya' go.

But how is that any different than what Geneseo had done in spurts the previous 30 years in the NCIC and NIBXII? They won 34 games in a 3 year span from 14-16
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:02 pm

tincup1215 wrote:But how is that any different than what Geneseo had done in spurts the previous 30 years in the NCIC and NIBXII?  They won 34 games in a 3 year span from 14-16

The difference is that because of their shifting enrollment numbers Sterling High would undoubtedly upset the the competitive balance and the geographic contiguancy of the new conference.

Get with it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Head Skin wrote:
SIFBCoach7 wrote:I get that schools don't like to be "told" who they are going to play, but there aren't a ton of true rivalries left anymore.  The exception might be deep south schools in the SIRR (at least at <4A level).  Heck, even the SJO/Unity rivalry has softened in the last decade.  When I was in HS, there were fights between the XC teams during the FB game over stolen pirate flags.  It's just not as intense anymore.  With social media, kids from opposing schools are all "friends" and instagram/Twitter followers.  

Mainly, from my neck of the woods, when this proposal first came about, there was a lot of griping from SE IL 3A schools who didn't want to be in a district with SJO, Unity, Monticello, etc when they were currently playing LIC schools and going 8-1.  In my time, we never shied away from scheduling anyone, so I don't get that mindset of "scheduling" your way into the playoffs.  You either belong there, or you get exposed.  The district format would take most of the autonomy from schools scheduling which they won't like, but it would create stability and eliminate conference jumping.  You can still have conferences, but you might not have them for football unless they all fit into your geographic district.  
The bolded is 100% true and absolutely confusing to me.

I couldn't have told you a single kid on Maroa's football team when I was in HS.  I was barely aware they had football.  And they were 8 miles away from our school.
Was reviewing this thread while lifting and saw this exchange and felt the need to share this- Last Wed at a track meet we had kids virtually wait in line to press flesh with Jacardia Wright.

C'mon man!
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Maybe because we shared a field with two other teams and played many Saturday afternoon games, but we attended nearby schools' games and they attended ours. No social media but we all "knew" each other.

There were some "puffed chests" at times and a few fights, but for the most part, we all got along - East, West, Althoff, East Side, O'Fallon, Mascoutah ... we'd shake hands or share beers.
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Just saw on Twitter, Sycamore is joining the castoffs I8 conference
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:43 pm

tincup1215 wrote:Just saw on Twitter, Sycamore is joining the castoffs I8 conference

May not be official though. Just a tweet from Dekalb Football that if Sycamore leaves, then the First National Bank Challenge will continue for 1 more year. Odd timing of the tweet since there's nothing out there officially
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:41 pm

So it's the NIB XII(-2)(-4)=NIB VI(+2)

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:05 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:So it's the NIB XII(-2)(-4)=NIB VI(+2)

Just because it is Pi day, doesn't mean you need to be spouting off a bunch of math formulas!

We prefer lists of who is in what conference. Easier for someone to read it to the Sterling people.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:09 pm

general maximus wrote:

Just because it is Pi day, doesn't mean you need to be spouting off a bunch of math formulas!  

We prefer lists of who is in what conference.  Easier for someone to read it to the Sterling people.  

LOL.....So basically the former NIB schools that are north of I 80 and east of I 39 are out.....the Northern Illinois Big 4

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:37 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:
general maximus wrote:

We prefer lists of who is in what conference.  Easier for someone to read it to the Sterling people.  

LOL.....So basically the former NIB schools that are north of I 80 and east of I 39 are out.....the Northern Illinois Big 4

appears that way.

it's disappointing that at least a few conference "partners" that sterling had been with for decades didn't support their inclusion in the new league.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Yep it's official, not voted in yet, but why else extend the invitation

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2018/03/14/sycamore-to-join-new-look-interstate-8/d7470eo/
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:53 pm

ging wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:
general maximus wrote:

appears that way.

it's disappointing that at least a few conference "partners" that sterling had been with for decades didn't support their inclusion in the new league.  

I don't get it at all.....wouldn't it of been easier to just ask Dekalb and Yorkville to leave and let the rest stay?? That's basically what this is all about.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Invite Kaneland and Sterling and have a 10 team closed conference. No more trying to find non-con opponents.
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 am

...or just wait a couple years and, inevitably, there will be more conference break-ups and shake ups.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:36 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:
ging wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:
general maximus wrote:

appears that way.

I don't get it at all.....wouldn't it of been easier to just ask Dekalb and Yorkville to leave and let the rest stay?? That's basically what this is all about.
From what I understand about the LOVC break up is that in most conferences you need a unanimous vote to boot a team out- minus that team of course. When wanting to kick multiple teams out it would require you to get a vote from one of the other teams you want to boot. So, it becomes easier to just "leave" the conference and form a new one.

At least that is how it was told to me.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:56 am

ging wrote:...or just wait a couple years and, inevitably, there will be more conference break-ups and shake ups.  

agreed......unless the IHSA does one of two things....districts or just let all schools in playoffs like the other sports.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Head Skin wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:
ging wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:
general maximus wrote:

appears that way.

From what I understand about the LOVC break up is that in most conferences you need a unanimous vote to boot a team out- minus that team of course.  When wanting to kick multiple teams out it would require you to get a vote from one of the other teams you want to boot.  So, it becomes easier to just "leave" the conference and form a new one.

At least that is how it was told to me.

I understand that.I'm just surprised that they (schools besides Dekalb and Yorkville) just didnt leave conference and form a new one without those 2.Don't know why Sterling,Sycamore and Kaneland were not invited to begin with.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:08 am

tincup1215 wrote:Invite Kaneland and Sterling and have a 10 team closed conference.  No more trying to find non-con opponents.  

I like this and would be all in favor of it. get a true conference champ and have some really battle tested teams come playoffs and not just for football.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:29 am

wilky wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:Invite Kaneland and Sterling and have a 10 team closed conference.  No more trying to find non-con opponents.  

I like this and would be all in favor of it. get a true conference champ and have some really battle tested teams come playoffs and not just for football.

agreed...but i don't think plano or sandwich want that.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:34 am

ging wrote:
wilky wrote:

Maybe they can do what they did about 35 years ago or so and become "Planwich"

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:37 am

ging wrote:
wilky wrote:

So let's cater to the 2 schools who have had no conference affiliation with any of the current 6 and leave Kaneland and Sterling out in the dust who have had a combined 120 years of conference partnership with the 6 schools.
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum