Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Brady Retiring

+4
Teetime
dusty7
Chukam All
OSUBucks
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tom Brady Retiring Empty Tom Brady Retiring

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:03 pm

I’ve felt a vibe recently that this is what he’d do. I think he’d be great being an analyst covering NFL games.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Tom Brady Retiring Empty Re: Tom Brady Retiring

Post by Chukam All Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:53 pm

I can hear it now.

Joe Buck:  What a great pass by Fields.  How about that throw Tom?

Brady:  Great throw?  Please, a "Great throw" would have been 3 inches higher and 5 inches to the right.  Just go back and watch any of the 5 TD throws I made against the Falcons.......
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:57 pm

There is some speculation out there that Tom Brady is in fact not retiring.

I will not believe it until I actually hear him say it. Sources are sources and sources can be incorrect. I repeat, I will not believe it until I see it.

Also, if you have not already...I highly suggest you watch "Man in the Arena." It is Tom telling the story of the seasons and of every Super Bowl he played in with the Patriots. It is a great watch and changed my opinion of Brady 100%. He is hilarious and like Kramer at the dentist, he likes to let the expletives fly.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:41 pm

I will definitely plan on checking out “Man In the Arena” Dusty. Sounds like something I’d like. I think Brady makes it official in the next few days.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:24 pm

I think Brady will take a few years off to coach his kids and then make a comeback at 56 years old and win three more Super Bowls.

Admin

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:18 pm

Saw something online that said $15M of his $20M signing bonus is due in February, IF HE'S ON THE ACTIVE ROSTER.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:02 am

I read that if Brady retires he’d only collect $9 million of the $25 million he’d be owed if he played out the season. I would think that Brady already has a lot banked away but haven’t verified that. I still think he’s gone.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:14 am

He will recover $15 million of his $20 million signing bonus only if he is on the roster on February 4. I bet his official announcement will be on the 5th or after the Super Bowl. He doesn't want to distract from the Super Bowl.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:48 am

dusty7 wrote:Also, if you have not already...I highly suggest you watch "Man in the Arena."  It is Tom telling the story of the seasons and of every Super Bowl he played in with the Patriots.  It is a great watch and changed my opinion of Brady 100%.  He is hilarious and like Kramer at the dentist, he likes to let the expletives fly.  

i never miss 'let's go' on sxm nfl network. it's on every monday night at 5pm. tom brady and larry fitzgerald are the stars, and it's hosted by jim gray. brady is hilarious and frequently swears. i've always like brady. he'd be a fun guy to hang around with.

monday's show could be quite interesting.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:21 am

i was never much of a brady fan because he was so GOOD. dated/married actresses and models. i like to cheer for the underdog. he was a 6th round pick which makes him somewhat of an underdog.
but i marvel at his mental makeup, his competitiveness. for 22 years and 10 superbowls he played with a chip on his shoulder, 22 freaking years and is still one of/if not the best QB in the league.
from what i've read his teammates love him, imo that is his best trait/attribute. he leads people. people want to follow him. that's HUGE.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:35 pm

As a general rule, the more the Talking Hairdos on TV tell me how great someone is supposed to be, the less I'm inclined to cheer for that person.  Brady, Duke, ND Football, Yankees, Cubs, Cards, Cowboys, LeBron...
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

tps and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:47 pm

As a Michigan fan, I'm one of the few who can say I've been a Brady fan since about 1997. I will add that one of the main reasons I've always wished him success is the social media meltdown that happened whenever he or the Patriots had success.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:17 pm

wolverine55 wrote:As a Michigan fan, I'm one of the few who can say I've been a Brady fan since about 1997.  I will add that one of the main reasons I've always wished him success is the social media meltdown that happened whenever he or the Patriots had success.

Sports fans love to root against success and Brady was easy to root against.  Not because of anything he did, other than Inflategate which was way overblown by the media (ESPN for money), but he was easy to root against.  But at every turn he competes and usually won When he didn't he was right there, a play or two within winning.  When he lost, he treated defeat with honor and congratulated those who defeated him, he wouldn't let it happen again. Unless you were the Giants!
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:43 pm

Welp...Brady said today on his Let's Go podcast that he has not decided if he is retiring or not.

Looks like ESPN jumped to a conclusion and got it wrong.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:33 pm

I still think he’s retiring. We should know for sure soon.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:52 am

Looks like he finally made it official.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:04 am

dusty7 wrote:Looks like he finally made it official.  

I always enjoyed watching him play, he was a great competitor. Once he figured out what the defense was doing schematically they were in trouble. I don’t think we’ll see another one like him for a while.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:59 am

How did ESPN know he was retiring before he knew he was retiring?

Amazing.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:06 pm

Teetime wrote:How did ESPN know he was retiring before he knew he was retiring?

Amazing.

Right, Both Brady and ESPN insiders knew a week ago that Brady was retiring. The stuff you heard recently that Brady hadn’t made up his mind was a smokescreen so that Brady could make a somewhat meaningful announcement himself.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:41 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

Amazing.

Right, Both Brady and ESPN insiders knew a week ago that Brady was retiring. The stuff you heard recently that Brady hadn’t made up his mind was a smokescreen so that Brady could make a somewhat meaningful announcement himself.

He should have been able to make the announcement on his own rather than someone leaking the information and ESPN using it as a talking point for their meaningless shows. The guy is the best quarterback of all time, let him make the decision and do it on his own time. But in today's media, it is all about who is the first to report something.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:51 pm

dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Amazing.

He should have been able to make the announcement on his own rather than someone leaking the information and ESPN using it as a talking point for their meaningless shows.  The guy is the best quarterback of all time, let him make the decision and do it on his own time.  But in today's media, it is all about who is the first to report something.  

100% right.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:46 pm

dusty7 wrote:
 But in today's media, it is all about who is the first to report something.  

To be fair, I think reporters have always tried to be first to break the news…to get the “big scoop” Maybe it’s just that in this day and age, we are almost constantly bombarded by media from multiple sources and directions.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:32 pm

Doctor D wrote:
dusty7 wrote:      
 But in today's media, it is all about who is the first to report something.  

To be fair, I think reporters have always tried to be first to break the news…to get the “big scoop”  Maybe it’s just that in this day and age, we are almost constantly bombarded by media from multiple sources and directions.  

True, Years ago we had three major TV networks that brought us the news. That was it. We didn’t have the internet or smartphones.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:38 pm

dusty7 wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

Amazing.

He should have been able to make the announcement on his own rather than someone leaking the information and ESPN using it as a talking point for their meaningless shows.  The guy is the best quarterback of all time, let him make the decision and do it on his own time.  But in today's media, it is all about who is the first to report something.  

most, if not all, of today's media is worried about being first, not about being right. this is just another example.

tps
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tps Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:52 pm

i said i was never a big fan but its hard not to respect this guy. 
https://twitter.com/DudespostingWs/status/1488569039672774656

tps
Bee-otch

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum