Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olin Kreutz

5 posters

Go down

Olin Kreutz Empty Olin Kreutz

Post by 19delta Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:28 pm

Did anyone hear George McCaskey's comments about Olin Kreutz during the press conference yesterday?

He really unloaded on Kreutz. Not only called him a liar in regards to the $15/hour job offer but said nothing Kreutz says can ever be believed.

I thought that was shocking. Kreutz is one of the greatest o-lineman in Bears history and a probable HOFer. It seemed like McCaskey went out of his way to disrespect Kreutz. With that being said, Kreutz does have a well-earned reputation for being a meathead and a thug.

I'm guessing that McCaskey and Kreutz have never gotten along and McCaskey took the opportunity to take some shots at Kreutz yesterday.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Olin Kreutz Empty Re: Olin Kreutz

Post by OSUBucks Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:31 pm

I wish McCaskey would focus more on building a good football team rather than going after former players.
The Bears have asked for permission to interview a handful of Coordinators already. Among them are both Buffalo coordinators. I know Leslie Frazier would be a popular choice. The OC Brian Daboll might be the better choice though. Josh Allen was a mess when he arrived at Buffalo. Daboll has developed him into one of the best in the league. Fields is the future of the team. Maybe bringing in a proven developer of QB’s wouldn’t be a bad idea.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:39 am

OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:46 pm

Here's the deal...when the Bears first started at ONU for training camp (2002 I believe) they allowed local high school coaches to come down on the field and observe practice.  It was pretty awesome.  I went several times before Kankakee's coach at the time brought a bunch of players and they were asking for autographs during practice and that got shut down real fast...regardless, we got up close to the players and saw an awful lot.  As a die hard Bears fan, I will always love Kreutz for what he did for the organization and how good he was and how hard he played...he's a hall of famer no question.  But it was very apparent in the 4-5 practices I watched that summer, he was:

1.  A bully of a leader...he was horrible to the younger players and basically treated everyone who wasn't a star like crap.
2.  Horrible to the managerial staff and support staff.

That to me was all I needed to know.  I guarantee there is some truth to his story...but the way he's carried it out and continued on about it is stupid and he needs to just shut up.  If he wants to talk about the shortcomings of the organization, the McCaskey's, I'll listen.  But I'm done reading about this stupid story that honestly, was probably a huge misunderstanding and one that McCaskey himself didn't even know about.  I don't like George, but on this one, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and Kreutz should probably be glad he's not saying more than he is.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:21 pm

I totally believe the story, the last few years the Bears were at Olivet I worked the players gate into the locker room, was a cool job and probably would have done it for free.. met the players, had great food and just had to sit under a tent making sure no idiots tried to get in there.. but each night I had to stay until the equipment guys were done and usually went past 11:00.. when they did I had to get my OT approved, which took 3 signatures lol.. for the few weeks it probably equaled $150 total, I finally just said screw it, wasn't worth my time

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:33 pm

Kruetz stiffed me for an autograph at training camp one year. Was signing for everyone. Looked me in the eyes. Shook his head. Skipped over me. Kept signing for others. I was like 14 at the time.

Definitely in the hall of fame for jagoffs.
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:48 pm

So it sounds like Kreutz is an asshole. Never knew that and I appreciate the stories from you guys.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum