Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Madden RIP

+3
net
guerin
OSUBucks
7 posters

Go down

John Madden RIP Empty John Madden RIP

Post by OSUBucks Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:03 pm

Madden was one of the great ones. Great career coaching the Raiders winning a Super Bowl, a broadcasting career as a football analyst teaming with Pat Summerall and the EA Sports Madden football game. He had a knack of explaining what was going on during the game that the average fan could understand. He was also known as a guy who didn’t like flying and preferred to take the train to his destinations during the football season.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

John Madden RIP Empty Re: John Madden RIP

Post by guerin Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:30 pm

Turducken! RIP John Madden
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:01 am

OSUBucks wrote:Madden was one of the great ones. Great career coaching the Raiders winning a Super Bowl, a broadcasting career as a football analyst teaming with Pat Summerall and the EA Sports Madden football game. He had a knack of explaining what was going on during the game that the average fan could understand. He was also known as a guy who didn’t like flying and preferred to take the train to his destinations during the football season.

i thought he preferred a motorhome?

well, anyway rip coach.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:53 am

I was fortunate to be old enough to remember the Madden and Summerall games. I learned of the basics a lot football from Madden then when the video game came out, I learned even more. I guess on of the networks did a special on him that aired on Xmas day but I haven't seen it.

On other sad news, Jeff Dickerson, the Bears beat reporter for ESPN 1000, passed away have a short but with colon cancer. His wife passed away just a few years ago from cancer as well. They have an 1 year old and a go fund me has raised $70 k in just about 12 hours.

Sad day for football.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:18 am

dusty7 wrote:I was fortunate to be old enough to remember the Madden and Summerall games.  I learned of the basics a lot football from Madden then when the video game came out, I learned even more. I guess on of the networks did a special on him that aired on Xmas day but I haven't seen it.  

On other sad news, Jeff Dickerson, the Bears beat reporter for ESPN 1000, passed away have a short but with colon cancer.  His wife passed away just a few years ago from cancer as well.  They have an 1 year old and a go fund me has raised $70 k in just about 12 hours.  

Sad day for football.  

They say things happen in 3's and they were lying. I loved playing Madden, loved listening to JD on ESPN 1000 and on the way to work this morning was told one of our former players and our current Athletic Trainer passed away this morning after going into Cardiac arrest last night. Life is cruel sometimes....very cruel.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:59 am

Bighitter11 wrote:
dusty7 wrote:I was fortunate to be old enough to remember the Madden and Summerall games.  I learned of the basics a lot football from Madden then when the video game came out, I learned even more. I guess on of the networks did a special on him that aired on Xmas day but I haven't seen it.  

On other sad news, Jeff Dickerson, the Bears beat reporter for ESPN 1000, passed away have a short but with colon cancer.  His wife passed away just a few years ago from cancer as well.  They have an 1 year old and a go fund me has raised $70 k in just about 12 hours.  

Sad day for football.  

They say things happen in 3's and they were lying.  I loved playing Madden, loved listening to JD on ESPN 1000 and on the way to work this morning was told one of our former players and our current Athletic Trainer passed away this morning after going into Cardiac arrest last night.  Life is cruel sometimes....very cruel.

Geez man. Sorry for your loss. You are correct, life is very cruel.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:37 pm

The Jeff Dickerson news is awful. His son has now lost his mother and father before he turned 11. Crying or Very sad
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:00 pm

$372,000 and Counting on JD's Son Parkers Go Fund me page. Hope he hits a million.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

net and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:44 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:$372,000 and Counting on JD's Son Parkers Go Fund me page.  Hope he hits a million.

Up to $800 k.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:44 pm

Very close to 900k now.
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:51 pm

Just reached $1 million.  

It is great to see the outpouring of support for this kid but people need to know that this happens to children all of the time.  This boy was fortunate enough to have a father with a public image and was well likes which led to some very large donations from wealthy people.  I feel bad for the kids who have to endure these types of challenges and do not get the publicity this kid received.  I know of many kids who lost both parents and received nothing but condolences and had to endure the tragedy on their own.  
I hope his family does the right thing with the money, by paying for his education, etc., and maybe even donate some back to a good cause.  I'm sure his caregivers will not be strapped for money.

A friend of my wife's family was shot in the line of duty yesterday in Bradley, another officer was shot and died, and the GoFundMe to help him has raised $22,000 so far.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:38 am

dusty7 wrote:Just reached $1 million.  

It is great to see the outpouring of support for this kid but people need to know that this happens to children all of the time.  This boy was fortunate enough to have a father with a public image and was well likes which led to some very large donations from wealthy people.  I feel bad for the kids who have to endure these types of challenges and do not get the publicity this kid received.  I know of many kids who lost both parents and received nothing but condolences and had to endure the tragedy on their own.  
I hope his family does the right thing with the money, by paying for his education, etc., and maybe even donate some back to a good cause.  I'm sure his caregivers will not be strapped for money.

A friend of my wife's family was shot in the line of duty yesterday in Bradley, another officer was shot and died, and the GoFundMe to help him has raised $22,000 so far.

Officer Bailey is also a Central graduate and great young man. Probably the only kid over the years we lost to soccer that I wish would of stayed with football. He was shot in the head his family can use all the prayers they can get.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:28 am

What happed to those officers is awful and disturbing.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:50 pm

dusty7 wrote:Just reached $1 million.  

And now we are seeing multiple FAKE gofundme accounts trying to steal off the tragedy.

https://abc7chicago.com/amp/bradley-police-officer-killed-marlene-rittmanic-fake-fundraiser/11418601/

Which will kill any legit fundraising.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:09 pm

According to the press release, the Rittmanic family stated they have no fundraisers and any that are out there are not legit.
I believe Officer Bailey does have one as dusty stated.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:40 pm

Doctor D wrote:According to the press release, the Rittmanic family stated they have no fundraisers and any that are out there are not legit.  

All correct.  But every story about how people are getting fleeced by fraudulent fundraisers, makes the general public that much more reluctant to give. I've seen an Officer Bailey GoFundMe.  How can I, or anyone, be sure it's not a scam? That's the problem with on-line fundraisers.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:33 pm

Chukam All wrote:
Doctor D wrote:According to the press release, the Rittmanic family stated they have no fundraisers and any that are out there are not legit.  

All correct.  But every story about how people are getting fleeced by fraudulent fundraisers, makes the general public that much more reluctant to give. I've seen an Officer Bailey GoFundMe.  How can I, or anyone, be sure it's not a scam?  That's the problem with on-line fundraisers.

To my knowledge, the GoFundMe for Officer Bailey is legit set and up by his family.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down