Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classmates calling him a hero

4 posters

Go down

Classmates calling him a hero Empty Classmates calling him a hero

Post by tps Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:19 pm

Classmates calling fb player a hero.
Very sad story.

https://news.yahoo.com/hero-college-footballer-killed-trying-140731349.html

tps
Bee-otch

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Classmates calling him a hero Empty Re: Classmates calling him a hero

Post by OSUBucks Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:47 pm

I’m also hearing that the father of the killer bought the gun used by the killer just days before the shooting. Just a terrible tragedy.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:19 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I’m also hearing that the father of the killer bought the gun used by the killer just days before the shooting. Just a terrible tragedy.

I guess the school met with the parents and the child earlier that day and many people knew about the threats as well.

This was completely preventable and it has nothing to do with gun control but everything to do with mental health and adults stepping when they see something wrong. Sadly in this situation it was too little too late.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:27 pm

[quote="dusty7"]
OSUBucks wrote:I’m also hearing that the father of the killer bought the gun used by the killer just days before the shooting. Just a terrible tragedy.

I guess the school met with the parents and the child earlier that day and many people knew about the threats as well.  

This was completely preventable and it has nothing to do with gun control but everything to do with mental health and adults stepping when they see something wrong.  Sadly in this situation it was too little too late.  [/quote

You hit the nail on the head. This country has an increasingly big mental health problem and just doesn’t want to deal with it. Instead of addressing mental health they want gun control. Too late for that, all the guns anyone would ever need are already on the street. The Covid pandemic has actually worsened the mental health problem.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:04 pm

And yet very few of the decision makers will admit that their decisions have affected mental health. They still won't admit COVID is seasonal.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:31 am

dusty7 wrote:They still won't admit COVID is seasonal.  

Here is a chart of all Corona Virus cases by day. Tell me if you see the seasonality:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1103040/cumulative-coronavirus-covid19-cases-number-worldwide-by-day/

In the US we had the largest increase during the winter of 2020-21 but then a big spike starting in July through October 2021.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102816/coronavirus-covid19-cases-number-us-americans-by-day/

That doesn't seem like enough info to call it seasonal. It seems logical that when people migrate indoors that there will be more spread, and when outdoors less spread.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:25 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:They still won't admit COVID is seasonal.  

Here is a chart of all Corona Virus cases by day. Tell me if you see the seasonality:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1103040/cumulative-coronavirus-covid19-cases-number-worldwide-by-day/

In the US we had the largest increase during the winter of 2020-21 but then a big spike starting in July through October 2021.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102816/coronavirus-covid19-cases-number-us-americans-by-day/

That doesn't seem like enough info to call it seasonal. It seems logical that when people migrate indoors that there will be more spread, and when outdoors less spread.

Absolutely see the seasonality....we saw spikes in the summer when people are outside and spikes in the winter when people are inside.  Funny how we see the spikes occuring at the same time of year every year regardless of people being inside our outside.

6/2020 saw a spike that lasted through September.  People are outside more, so we shouldn't see a spike
7/2021 saw a spike that lasted until mid-October. People are outside more, so we shouldn't see a spike

Both of these are when people are "outside" so spread should be less but spread was higher.

11/2020 saw a spike that lasted through January. Spike was expected due to winter months
11/2021 see a spike starting that I am guessing will drop by January.  Spike was expected due to winter months. There was also a massive increase in testing after vaccine mandates started in schools and healthcare systems which needs to be accounted for when basing spread solely on number of cases, which is a bad metric to base data on.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:29 pm

dusty7 wrote:And yet very few of the decision makers will admit that their decisions have affected mental health.

Would that help?

Do we even know if that is correct? Maybe it's just the uncertainty of life that puts people over the edge and not the results of working or schooling from home.
Mental health issues are medical issues. They occur in some people, not in others...identifying those with issues and helping them doesn't seem like something decision makers know much (or anything) about.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:49 pm

dusty7 wrote:11/2021 see a spike starting that I am guessing will drop by January.  Spike was expected due to winter months. There was also a massive increase in testing after vaccine mandates started in schools and healthcare systems which needs to be accounted for when basing spread solely on number of cases, which is a bad metric to base data on.

Honestly, Dusty...I'm just not smart enough to see seasonality in a virus that has only been around for 1.75 years. Spikes around the same time of the year during such a short period can just be coincidental.

If you are trying to determine the seasonality of a virus it seems to me that the "number of cases" would have to be a metric. What other metric is more indicative of the seasonality of a disease than the number of cases?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:12 pm

Teetime wrote:
dusty7 wrote:11/2021 see a spike starting that I am guessing will drop by January.  Spike was expected due to winter months. There was also a massive increase in testing after vaccine mandates started in schools and healthcare systems which needs to be accounted for when basing spread solely on number of cases, which is a bad metric to base data on.

Honestly, Dusty...I'm just not smart enough to see seasonality in a virus that has only been around for 1.75 years. Spikes around the same time of the year during such a short period can just be coincidental.

If you are trying to determine the seasonality of a virus it seems to me that the "number of cases" would have to be a metric. What other metric is more indicative of the seasonality of a disease than the number of cases?

Maybe I'm the dumbass but I think if the spikes occur at the same time of year every year that would be considered "seasonal."  

Yes, you have to use a number of cases to determine the seasonal but when the media focuses solely on a number of cases they tend to leave out the total number of tests.  

Back on topic...just saw that the parents of the shooter are being charged in this incident as well. And now there is a manhunt for the parents.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum