Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarterfinal Games

+7
Chukam All
lefty120
Bighitter11
net
dusty7
OSUBucks
Ghengis Khan
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Quarterfinal Games Empty Quarterfinal Games

Post by Ghengis Khan Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:17 pm

Anyone venturing out to any games this weekend? What's the best game between I80 and I64?

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Quarterfinal Games Empty Re: Quarterfinal Games

Post by OSUBucks Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:41 pm

It will be interesting to see if Mater Dei has anything for St T. Williamsville at Unity should be a good one. Aaron Kunz is very good at scheming up a D. It will be interesting to see if they can slow down a very good Unity offense.
I will be at the Breese Central/SHG game.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:05 pm

All of the 2A matchups are intriguing.

Bishop Mac at Wilmington - two great programs and two great coaches going at it
Farmington @ Tri Valley - 11-0 vs. 11-0
S(hi)t. Teresa vs. BMD - two heavy-handed privates who have not really been pushed all season
Pana vs. Nashville - both teams had what some would call upsets last week.

3A is so so
Tolono vs. Williamsville - two great programs, is Unity back from a few seasons of being down?
Mt. Carmel vs. Bention - I know next to nothing about these two teams

4A probably only the Breese Central and SHG game but I think SHG will roll through this game with ease.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:27 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I will be at the Breese Central/SHG game.

n/m.

Last edited by net on Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:42 pm

Ill be at the Bishop McNamara vs Wilmington matchup
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

dusty7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:17 pm

I will say Central is very good up front and have 2 backs who are solid and a QB who is a run threat...I'll be surprised if they don't try to shorten the game. Defensively they're very disciplined and tackle well. I think they may be able to pull a Columbia and stay with SHG for a period of time.

Mater Dei is underrated in my opinion. We see them often during the summer and have seen them on film a few times. I think they play with St. T. this weekend and a Mater Dei win wouldn't shock me. Their coaching staff is very good and they too are really good up front and defensively.

lefty120
Bee-otch

OSUBucks and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:58 pm

lefty120 wrote:I will say Central is very good up front and have 2 backs who are solid and a QB who is a run threat...I'll be surprised if they don't try to shorten the game.  Defensively they're very disciplined and tackle well.  I think they may be able to pull a Columbia and stay with SHG for a period of time.  

Mater Dei is underrated in my opinion.  We see them often during the summer and have seen them on film a few times.  I think they play with St. T. this weekend and a Mater Dei win wouldn't shock me.  Their coaching staff is very good and they too are really good up front and defensively.  

Appreciate the info Lefty. I agree with you in that I expect a ball control offense to keep the SHG offense off the field as much as possible.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:30 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Ill be at the Bishop McNamara vs Wilmington matchup

I will be there too!
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:33 pm

lefty120 wrote:I will say Central is very good up front and have 2 backs who are solid and a QB who is a run threat...I'll be surprised if they don't try to shorten the game.  Defensively they're very disciplined and tackle well.  I think they may be able to pull a Columbia and stay with SHG for a period of time.  

Mater Dei is underrated in my opinion.  We see them often during the summer and have seen them on film a few times.  I think they play with St. T. this weekend and a Mater Dei win wouldn't shock me.  Their coaching staff is very good and they too are really good up front and defensively.  

I am sure you know Central well! I graduated HS with their D Coordinator.

I am really hoping BMD can knock off S(hi)t. Teresa. We had a bitter rivalry with them in HS.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:13 pm

Morton 40
Mahomet Seymour 28
Final

Sycamore 14
St. Pat's 0
Final
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:49 pm

SHG 55 Breese Central 14
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:25 pm

net wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:I will be at the Breese Central/SHG game.

n/m.

I heard on the radio that net was unable to attend the quarterfinal game for a medical issue. This was the first game he missed in 32 years they said.

Net, I sure hope you get better fast. We need you.

But more importantly, I just hope you get better.

Admin

OldTitan, OSUBucks and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:13 pm

Byron beat Reed-Custer 24-21. RC goes up with under 3:00 left in the game. Byron converts a few big plays and a 4th down, drive down to the 15 or so yard line with 15 seconds left and throw a TD pass leaving about 9 seconds on the clock. RC finishes with the best season in program history and should be one of the top 3A teams entering next season with many returning starters.

Wilmington beat Mac 45-25. Was a bit of a slugfest in the 1st half. Mac scored on a 97 yard run then Wilmington answered with a score, 3 and out, then another score. Mac responds with a long TD drive, with about 4 or 5 penalties that pushed them bac but Wilmington kicks a 46 yard field goal. Mac looks destined to score but Wilmo DB causes a fumble and they go to half 17-13. Wilmo forces a 3 and out and the onslaught began. A long 6 or 7 minute drive, Wilmington scores, interception 3 plays later, Wilmo with another quick score. Mac gets a TD on last play of the 3rd quarter, Wilmington responds with another pair of TD's, and Mac scores a garbage TD in the last minute of the game.

It was a great atmosphere, very physical game but Mac had a several unsportsmanlike penalties in the 4th quarter along with a player getting ejected. I think they even had a sideline penalty or two. I am sure this is not the way Zinnani or the Mac fans envisioned his career-ending, especially being in 2A.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by HHSTigerFan2 Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:48 am

dusty7 wrote:

It was a great atmosphere, very physical game but Mac had a several unsportsmanlike penalties in the 4th quarter along with a player getting ejected.  I think they even had a sideline penalty or two.  I am sure this is not the way Zinnani or the Mac fans envisioned his career-ending, especially being in 2A.  

I would have bet money it ended that way, the last 3 Mac playoff games I have been at in which they lost (Rochester, Richmond-Bur and Herscher) have all ended in this way... the sun rises every morning, the sun sets every evening, some things in life are just expected..

Will be interesting to see how things change there with Z retiring, I have heard a few of the football money guys will step away a bit and Kankakee is doing a great job right now, field turf, and I hear a fieldhouse is coming soon as well.

HHSTigerFan2
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:57 am

Congrats on the win, dusty… Game definitely got chippy. By my count there was at least 7 personal fouls.

R-C balled out. If QB1 wasn’t hobbled I think they would have pulled it off. They weren’t able to use the read option which I thought was probably their best weapon.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Nice win Dusty. Def thought the turning point was the Phillips fumble after the long catch. Huge emotional and momentum swing right now. Irish could of went into half up. Took care of business on the first drive of second half getting the ball back and punching in a score. Kids really got after it.

Reed Custer just needed one tackle in bounds. My feed got bad as I rolled into Wilmington but looked like Byron kept attacking the short side of the field getting 7-8 yards and more importantly just getting out of bounds. Great play by Byron to get the score.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:41 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:

Reed Custer just needed one tackle in bounds.  My feed got bad as I rolled into Wilmington but looked like Byron kept attacking the short side of the field getting 7-8 yards and more importantly just getting out of bounds.  Great play by Byron to get the score.

I saw the last few plays of the final drive before our warm-up, not enough to give a deep analysis. Did RC even try to adjust to keep them from running out of bounds? On the last play the WB who ran the wheel was wide open, no one even close. Winning at Byron is not easy. Who was the last team to win a playoff game at Byron?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:47 pm

I watched this one with a lot of interest.  This is my take:

Byron got ball with 2:55 and drove 62 yards, mostly 3,4,5 yards at a time. They had all their time outs and were able to get to the boundary with toss plays and sweeps enough times to preserve clock. They ran up the middle just enough to keep RC honest. I can’t remember if they converted 2 or 3 4th downs. Was at least 2.
They were also splitting out their TE to seal and RC didn’t adjust to prevent the runner from getting out of bounds enough.
1st and goal from 10, bout 13 seconds left, Byron ran post/wheel combo. Wing back was wide open.

RC had one desperation play from their own 20. Ran a screen that went to out near the 50. RC RB Cassem slipped untouched as he was turning the corner to the sideline. Looked like Cassem had one defender in his path, with a blocker in front. Another Byron kid was coming across and had an angle to make a play, but if he didn’t slip, he had a chance with a good cut back.
Field was really slick. Saw multiple occasions of kids losing their footing without being touched. RCs last kickoff, the kicker landed on his ass.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:57 am

dusty7 wrote:
Who was the last team to win a playoff game at Byron?  

IC won semifinal there in 2017.

Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:36 am

Doctor D wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Let me restate that question....who was the last team, other than IC to win a playoff game at Byron?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:00 am

dusty7 wrote:
Doctor D wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Let me restate that question....who was the last team, other than IC to win a playoff game at Byron?

Wilmington 2012
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:43 pm

Doctor D wrote:
dusty7 wrote:
Doctor D wrote:
dusty7 wrote:

Wilmington 2012

That's quite an impressive streak of home playoff wins. They have also had some big wins on the road, Wilmington in '15, Monticello in '17, and Princeton in '19.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Doctor D likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:57 pm

any of you SHG or rochester fans. Will tonights game be streamed I could not find it. I have a nfhs account but was surprised to not see it listed.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:26 pm

shg? not in a million years.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:06 pm

I kind of assumed the state would be forcing that and generating revenue somehow on the stream side.

I will cancel that off my list of things for tonight.

I just hope leonard wins (dad joke).

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next