Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IHSA Playoffs

+4
wilky
ging
dusty7
Chukam All
8 posters

Go down

IHSA Playoffs Empty IHSA Playoffs

Post by Chukam All Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:22 pm

I'll start it off.

Not looking forward to that Metamora to Marion drive. Not one little bit. Was really hoping PPs would shakeout so that we would get Old Titan and Mahomet Seymour. At least then I could get Tobin's on the way home.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

IHSA Playoffs Empty Re: IHSA Playoffs

Post by Chukam All Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:24 pm

5A: Nazareth over Morris for the title.

Of course with my track record they will both probably lose in Rd.1.
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:29 pm

1A - Lena or Forreston
2A - wide open several teams with the ability to win it all. Some really interesting matchups could happen in the 2nd and quarters. St. T is probably the big favorite in the south. North is wide open with Wilmington, Mac, Newman, and Farmington probably being the leading contenders.

3A - the usual suspects Tolono, Byron, Monticello, and IC. North has to go through IC and south through Tolono

4A - probably the most exciting bracket with dome very good matchups looming in the quarters but I have to go with JCA and Rochester in the finals.

5A - no clue but pulling for Morris.

Good luck to all teams and I hope everyone stays healthy.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:04 pm

Sterling hosts Chicago St. Patrick.

Sterling's previous 8 playoff opponents have been St. Rita, Chicago Heights Marian, Montini, Boylan, Chicago Brooks, Phoenix Military, Chicago Phillips and Woodstock Marian.

That makes 9 consecutive playoff opponents for Sterling who are "non-boundaried".  I post this to illustrate how different the post-season opponents often are for 5A "boundaried" teams, especially those in the Northern half, compared to who they typically play during the regular season.

fwiw, sterling is 5-3 in those previous 8 games.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:41 am

Chukam All wrote:5A: Nazareth over Morris for the title.

Of course with my track record they will both probably lose in Rd.1.

Id take that. Morris has a pretty good team this year, I think decent enough chance to come out of the south, but I do not know enough about Peoria, Kankakee or MS. Morris is pretty diverse offense but a cold rainy muddy day would not hurt them like it would some teams. I hear the trio of Mascoutah, Highland, Triad are kind of interchangeable talent wise but any of them could throw a scare to a high seed.

I dont know much about the north other then I am glad some of these teams wouldn't be faced to possibly make the finals.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:59 am

Mascoutah QB is out for the year I believe. That's a big deal. He's a very good player.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:09 pm

lefty120 wrote:Mascoutah QB is out for the year I believe.  That's a big deal.  He's a very good player.  

Yep tore his ACL during their game that they lost 29-27. He is a stud and they will not be the same team without him.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
lefty120 wrote:Mascoutah QB is out for the year I believe.  That's a big deal.  He's a very good player.  

Yep tore his ACL during their game that they lost 29-27.  He is a stud and they will not be the same team without him.

That's terrible for that kid. Did Mascoutah have a realistic shot at a run?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:08 pm

I believe they did. I don't think they lose to Highland if he doesn't go out. He's a top shelf kid too...bad deal.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:00 pm

ging wrote:Sterling hosts Chicago St. Patrick.

Sterling's previous 8 playoff opponents have been St. Rita, Chicago Heights Marian, Montini, Boylan, Chicago Brooks, Phoenix Military, Chicago Phillips and Woodstock Marian.

That makes 9 consecutive playoff opponents for Sterling who are "non-boundaried".  I post this to illustrate how different the post-season opponents often are for 5A "boundaried" teams, especially those in the Northern half, compared to who they typically play during the regular season.

Could be a bit biased on my end, but I think Sterling can roll St.Patrick. They struggled with some of the lesser CCL/ESCC teams like Marian Catholic, Viator, Carmel, and Marian Central. All close games which were 4 of their 5 wins.

The got rolled by Loyola, Fenwick, and St.Rita.

Go Warriors!
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:23 pm

guerin wrote:
ging wrote:Sterling hosts Chicago St. Patrick.

Could be a bit biased on my end, but I think Sterling can roll St.Patrick. They struggled with some of the lesser CCL/ESCC teams like Marian Catholic, Viator, Carmel, and Marian Central. All close games which were 4 of their 5 wins.

The got rolled by Loyola, Fenwick, and St.Rita.

Go Warriors!

i like your optimism.  but this sterling team is beset with injuries that have 5 two-way starters out for the season and a couple other regulars on the sidelines with them.  sterling simply does not have the offensive firepower to roll anyone (except alleman). i expect a battle and, likely, a low-scoring one.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:58 pm

lefty120 wrote:I believe they did.  I don't think they lose to Highland if he doesn't go out.  He's a top shelf kid too...bad deal.  

That's terrible to hear. By the way, good luck vs Breese Central this week, go get the upset.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:57 am

Appreciate that coach...we've been riddled with covid issues for the last few weeks; seem to be okay...at least as of the typing of this response Very Happy First time in several weeks we've had all of our guys available. We will see what happens. They're playing well right now so it'll take a great effort. Best of luck to the Wildcats! Go get'em.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Teetime and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:44 pm

Somewhat off topic but last night at our weekly booster meeting, several players, I'd say around 40- 50 or so surprised our coaches to celebrate 25 straight years of making the playoffs along with a long time coach retiring. Damian Anderson even flew in from Arizona and gave a great speech and told a personal story about each of the 4 coaches who were on staff when he played. Several other players made video speeches and it was a great night to celebrate the pillars of our program and the impact the coaches have had on 2 generations of players.

It got me thinking, are there any other schools who have a long playoff streaks with the same coaching staff?

We have 4 coaches who started together 27 years ago and are still together until the oldest retires at the end of the year.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

guerin, Teetime, ging and Doctor D like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor D Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:48 am

dusty7 wrote:Somewhat off topic but last night at our weekly booster meeting, several players, I'd say around 40- 50 or so surprised our coaches to celebrate 25 straight years of making the playoffs along with a long time coach retiring.  Damian Anderson even flew in from Arizona and gave a great speech and told a personal story about each of the 4 coaches who were on staff when he played. Several other players made video speeches and it was a great night to celebrate the pillars of our program and the impact the coaches have had on 2 generations of players.  

It got me thinking, are there any other schools who have a long playoff streaks with the same coaching staff?  

We have 4 coaches who started together 27 years ago and are still together until the oldest retires at the end of the year.  

I remember when those guys first came in, seemed like they were barely older than us seniors - except for Murph.  Very Happy
You could tell even back then that times were changing for the better.  
It has to be quite rare for the core staff to be together for such a long time.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guerin Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:09 pm

That's amazing continuity! Congrats
guerin
guerin
pumpkin chucker

Back to top Go down