Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester at Loyola Academy Saturday 3 p.m.

+4
dusty7
net
wilky
ramblinman
8 posters

Go down

Rochester at Loyola Academy Saturday 3 p.m. Empty Rochester at Loyola Academy Saturday 3 p.m.

Post by ramblinman Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:26 am

Rochester vs. Loyola Academy

Super excited about this game.  Tip o' the hat to the Rockets.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rochester at Loyola Academy Saturday 3 p.m. Empty Re: Rochester at Loyola Academy Saturday 3 p.m.

Post by wilky Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:46 pm

Awesome for a game. knowing little about either team I have to think rochester is an underdog but kudos to them for taking on that challenge.

But I am curious, what happened to Rochesters normal week 2? Did they have an open week or did this free up (hopefully not the c word)?

wilky
Dr. Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rochester at Loyola Academy Saturday 3 p.m. Empty Re: Rochester at Loyola Academy Saturday 3 p.m.

Post by net Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:58 pm

decatur macarthur shut down for 2 weeks because of covid.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:47 pm

This is a great game for both parties. Both programs probably understand that you never know when you last game is going to be this season or when a game is canceled. I commend both programs; Rochester for rising up to the challenge to play Loyola; and Loyola for having the willingness to host Rochester with a lack of time to prepare for their fast offense. I am sure the Rockets will be receiving food and other goodies for making this unplanned trip.

For both of these programs, they see that it is much more than just about wins and losses that it is about giving the kids as many opportunities to compete as possible. Even if Rochester gets blown out and drops an egg to SHG next week, at least they got the opportunity to play a full schedule. Let me add that I think Rochester can hang/compete with Loyola but there are many small schools that there is no way this game is worth playing but there is definitely an upside for Rochester to playing this game. If it were Maroa or Pleasant Plains, there is not upside.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:03 pm

dusty7 wrote:This is a great game for both parties.  Both programs probably understand that you never know when you last game is going to be this season or when a game is canceled.  I commend both programs; Rochester for rising up to the challenge to play Loyola; and Loyola for having the willingness to host Rochester with a lack of time to prepare for their fast offense.  I am sure the Rockets will be receiving food and other goodies for making this unplanned trip.

For both of these programs, they see that it is much more than just about wins and losses that it is about giving the kids as many opportunities to compete as possible.  Even if Rochester gets blown out and drops an egg to SHG next week, at least they got the opportunity to play a full schedule.  Let me add that I think Rochester can hang/compete with Loyola but there are many small schools that there is no way this game is worth playing but there is definitely an upside for Rochester to playing this game. If it were Maroa or Pleasant Plains, there is not upside.    

I think Rochester can hang with anyone. This is the same Rochester program that put up 42 points on St. Rita in the same year (2019) that Loyola scored 24 against them.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Teetime and net like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:18 am

rochesterrocketstv.com

For a stream of the game

Or drive up to the game and sit with rambinman. He will probably buy you a hot dog at halftime.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:32 am

If coming up I 55 plan on the trip taking about 2 hrs just to get thru thr Joliet area alone...you probably should of left last night🤣

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:42 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:If coming up I 55 plan on the trip taking about 2 hrs just to get thru thr Joliet area alone...you probably should of left last night🤣

What about jogging East on 80 and then up on 57?

Is there a way to avoid the Joliet bottleneck?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:52 am

Teetime wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:If coming up I 55 plan on the trip taking about 2 hrs just to get thru thr Joliet area alone...you probably should of left last night🤣

This is much easier than 55. Johnsburg JV team got stuck on 55 last night. Kicked off about 45 minutes late.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:01 pm

Teetime wrote:

Lol....have to get to 80 first....it's just total chaos in Will and Grundy counties..between construction, everyday traffic( middle of warehouse hell ) the commutes are bad enough...then throw in the daily accidents.

When I have Dr appts at UofI Chicago I give myself a couple hrs leeway to get there..if I get there early I just sit and read.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:35 pm

Loyola up 14-0 at the end of the first quarter.

They are on a drive that started at their 20 and is down at RHS's 25 or so right now. I'd say a ten play drive so far.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:01 pm

35-0 Ramblers with three minutes to go in the first half.

Loyola is a better team than RHS has ever seen in it's football history.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:15 pm

RHS gets a 40 yard pass to Beatty, Then Beatty throws for about a 12-15 yard gain and a few plays later Beatty runs it in from the 2 yard line to end the first half. 35-7

If Beatty could only catch his own passes Rochester might be a little closer.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:58 pm

At 2:49 remaining in the third Loyola went up 49-7 and started the running clock.

It was merciful.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Watched the whole game on Rambler Stream. Final score was 56-7. Thanks to the Rockets for making the long trip.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:42 pm

90 kids dressed for a varsity football game alone. that's not including sick and injured kids nor resting some players. insane. congrats to all involved.

i will say, ken would've done the same. we've played indy cathedral and whitehurst to fill our schedule before.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:32 pm

Not sure I understand what you are saying, net. Are you saying that Rochester brought kids up for this game‽ I was thinking that their sideline looked pretty darn crowded for a school their size.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:03 am

net wrote:90 kids dressed for a varsity football game alone. that's not including sick and injured kids nor resting some players. insane. congrats to all involved.

i will say, ken would've done the same. we've played indy cathedral and whitehurst to fill our schedule before.

Had a field view of the whole game. Loyola offense - Methodical, Physical, well executed. Relentless, hard hitting defense. Sometimes a loss can be a "come to Jesus" moment that is a wake up call.
See you next Friday Net. Nice job the last two weeks.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:30 am

ramblinman wrote:Not sure I understand what you are saying, net.  Are you saying that Rochester brought kids up for this game‽  I was thinking that their sideline looked pretty darn crowded for a school their size.

the rockettv broadcasters said la had 90 kids dressed for the game.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:21 pm

net wrote:
ramblinman wrote:Not sure I understand what you are saying, net.  Are you saying that Rochester brought kids up for this game‽  I was thinking that their sideline looked pretty darn crowded for a school their size.

the rockettv broadcasters said la had 90 kids dressed for the game.

Not as high as it has been in the past, but it sounds about right for LA.

Rochester had very healthy looking sideline for a school their size. Made me wonder which school had the higher percentage of players relative to the total male enrollment.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:39 am

Is that the first time Leonard has been running clocked?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:41 am

19delta wrote:Is that the first time Leonard has been running clocked?

i would have to go back and check the first couple of years. we went up on them by 39 points at our place 5 or 6 years ago. rather than kick the pat, we took a knee to avoid the running clock. i'd guess '14 or '15 season.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down