Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

it just keeps getting weirder.......

3 posters

Go down

it just keeps getting weirder....... Empty it just keeps getting weirder.......

Post by net Fri May 21, 2021 6:21 am

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

it just keeps getting weirder....... Empty Re: it just keeps getting weirder.......

Post by dusty7 Fri May 21, 2021 9:40 am

This line made me giggle, "“This bill will help hundreds of young menstruators in Illinois,”. I have never heard the term in that way.

As as basketball coach, we were usually put in the Girls locker room on away games and there was almost always a Tampon dispenser somewhere in the locker room. They weren't the nicest machines but they were present. In junior high, I remember some boys being immature, giggling about it, and even some buying them and using them as pranks. Putting these in boys' restrooms I believe may be a bad move.

But in all honesty, with everything going and the multiple failures of our state government, aren't there bigger issues than this for them to be debating and creating policy?

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

it just keeps getting weirder....... Empty Re: it just keeps getting weirder.......

Post by #35 Tue May 25, 2021 9:52 pm

*Traumatizing flashback alert*

I was one of those immature middle school boys who joked about it. I used to do some impersonations of several people, and decided to take my talents to the middle school talent show in 7th grade. One of the impersonations was an Indian 7-11 clerk. I had to pass an audition, which I did. Then rehearsal came on the high school stage and I changed the routine a slight bit. That's where things went wrong.

Into my 7-11 clerk routine, I said the phrase (in Indian impression dialect), "You said you're looking for tampons?"

The teacher in charge blew a gasket, stormed on stage, screaming, throwing his pointed hand in my direction more than once, and said how inappropriate it was to mention tampons (and how I didn't say it in the tryout). I don't remember those exact words, but I do remember the last words he said. Shocked, I said a sincere "I'm sorry," and he yelled at me to "GO HOME!" I was still shocked and frozen. "GO HOME!!!" I walked off the stage in huge embarrassment. Now where in the hell does your teaching degree say that's what you're supposed to do to the student in such a situation?

Looking back, yeah, it was inappropriate, but the teacher still gives me nightmares. That was 21 years and 3 days ago. Many things have changed, and you just can't get away with even impersonating 7-11 clerks anymore.

Bee-otch

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum