Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strongest Man in History

5 posters

Go down

Strongest Man in History Empty Strongest Man in History

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Anyone watching this show? Not real hard hitting, but it's an enjoyable watch if you're into lifting heavy things IMO. I could do without the manufactured drama and plotlines that go with every "reality" show, but it's a good lay in the basement and watch it type show.

At the least, it's inspired me to get back to lifting a little heavier.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Strongest Man in History Empty Re: Strongest Man in History

Post by wolverine55 Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:35 pm

I'll have to check this out. I've been lifting heavier based on some research done and also just seeing what's working for our kids as we've had a good year in the weight room. This is not impressive at all, I know, but I finished today's bench workout with a set of 4 reps at 230. Heavier than I've been able to do in years.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:06 pm

Yeah. I love documentaries about strength, exercise, bodybuilding...all that stuff. I find it fascinating. I have not seen "Strongest Man in History" yet but I need to check it out.

Some recent documentaries in this genre that are really good:

"Westside vs. The World"
"Legends of Strength"
"Eddie Strongman"
"Born Strong"
"Generation Iron" (3 parts)

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:57 pm

It's a fun, light hearted watch. It did inspire me to see if I could flip a hay bale over. I think I can. It was at my son's camp last week and wasn't my hay, so I didn't attempt to fully flip it, but I got it about halfway.

Luckily it was off to the very side of the place they had camp, so it wasn't like I was LeBronning his camp.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:01 pm

New doc on Amazon called "The Heavies" about the Highland Games. It features Americans Daniel McKim (who has a hilarious Twitter account) and Matt Vincent who were two of the top Highland competitors in the world a few years back.

Really good!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:27 am

So let me get this straight, this dude is sponsored by Little Debbie? I love the daily inspirational quotes with a Little Debbie twist.

Life is a construction zone - you’re either building or tearing down. Today, build ... up your pantry with Swiss Rolls.

Best spokesman for Little Debbie since this guy...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8rev7S3lC8

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:05 am

dusty7 wrote:So let me get this straight, this dude is sponsored by Little Debbie? I love the daily inspirational quotes with a Little Debbie twist.

Life is a construction zone - you’re either building or tearing down. Today, build ... up your pantry with Swiss Rolls.

Best spokesman for Little Debbie since this guy...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8rev7S3lC8

On his personal website, he has protein shake recipes that include Little Debbie snack cakes as an ingredient. 😆
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:12 pm

The amount of calories these folks take in is astounding.

I do wish the sport was a little cleaner, but that is a personal opinion that is likely in the minority.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down