Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the whole "Izzo" incident

+8
tincup1215
Ghengis Khan
dusty7
Head Idiot
wolverine55
19delta
OSUBucks
ging
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

the whole "Izzo" incident - Page 2 Empty Re: the whole "Izzo" incident

Post by 19delta Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:19 pm

newcom wrote:[Yes...I agree with you that most people have some notion that a coach needs to be a "leader" however that is defined. But the reality is, the coaches really aren't.]
Delt I totally disagree, coaches should be leaders in every aspect of the word.  Many kids today do not have a "leader" in their family and coaches can be that person they need, for discipline, example, etc... As a coach I believe that the impact you have on kids influnces them greated than teachers, and at time there parents.
A Coach will impact more young people in a year than the average person does in a lifetime
Billy Graham.

I should have been more clear...I was not talking about high school coaches. I was talking about high-level college and pro coaches. Absolutely, 100% agree with what you said in regards to what you and the other fine gentlemen on this board do. I did not mean to suggest otherwise.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by illinipete Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:11 pm

F Bruce Pearl and the jackass he continues to ride on! I actually don't give a crap regarding Illinois and Pearl tho there was a new article I read last week with more details(if true) that cleared Jimmy and Deon. But I digress.

How he got another job after being penalized at UT is beyond me, even if it is Auburn.
Self leaving only affects the koolaid drinking fans. Most knew then and now it was the best move for him. I don't see him there much longer but he made his name.

Weber was never going to get it done and was going downhill fast. Groce was a joke and Underwood is somewhere between them both. He's not the answer. Belein(sp?) was a great hire for UM. Izzo is Izzo and MSU will stay at the top as long as he's there. Painter is the next best coach and prolly won't leave PU tho Kansas could be his next stop. Rest of the b10 blows!
illinipete
illinipete
I Pete my Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:07 pm

Nothing made me more happy that Pearl and Auburn kicked UNC’s ass than that post.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:38 am

ging wrote:challenge: in your responses you can't use the term snowflake, liberal, democrats, the "left", or pussification.

Since you have stripped my vocabulary down to just a few verbs and prepositions I am unable to respond.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:16 pm

Teetime wrote:
ging wrote:challenge: in your responses you can't use the term snowflake, liberal, democrats, the "left", or pussification.

Since you have stripped my vocabulary down to just a few verbs and prepositions I am unable to respond.

Nevertheless, you persisted.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:46 pm

Well Izzo and Pearl are both in the Final 4. Laughing
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:04 am

Almost 30 years and Illini Fans still pissed at Pearl for turning the Illini in for Cheating lol.

Time to get over it, heal and move on. Then and only then will the program have a chance to reestablish itself.

Im sure if the Illini had a chance to bust a rival school for cheating they would do the same.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:38 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Almost 30 years and Illini Fans still pissed at Pearl for turning the Illini in for Cheating lol.

Time to get over it, heal and move on.  Then and only then will the program have a chance to reestablish itself.  

Im sure if the Illini had a chance to bust a rival school for cheating they would do the same.

I would venture to say that I am sure there are several times U of I could have been a whistle blower for a rival school but didn't take the low road that Pearl took and ratted out a rival school. I don't know of many cases where any school accuses another school of recruiting violations, no matter how big of a rival they may be.

But you are right, Illini fans need to get over but you also have to remember that this is the same group of people who think they are a Top 10 program, who believe the Whiz Kids (from the 40s) that if it wasn't for WWII would've been the best team in history until Flyin Illini, which were the best team in history, until 05 where they only lost because of the refs. I don't think there is any hop of them ever forgetting the Pearl incident.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:12 pm

Man, there is no other way to frame this story other than it's incredible how soft we are-

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/05/sport/unc-womens-basketball-sylvia-hatchell/index.html
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:37 am

Head Idiot wrote:Man, there is no other way to frame this story other than it's incredible how soft we are-

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/05/sport/unc-womens-basketball-sylvia-hatchell/index.html

words have meaning. and they also can have consequences if used in a certain way and in certain company.  if the article linked is accurate, coach hatchell should be reprimanded.  if having common decency makes people soft, then i guess i'm soft.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:53 am

ging wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Man, there is no other way to frame this story other than it's incredible how soft we are-

words have meaning. and they also can have consequences if used in a certain way and in certain company.  if the article linked is accurate, coach hatchell should be reprimanded.  if having common decency makes people soft, then i guess i'm soft.
Saying that if you don't play better that the other team will hang you (I doubt anything past he saying you'll get killed- a phrase every coach in the history of man kind has said about a game) means that you can lose your job, than ya, we're soft.

What this is, is some kids and their parents don't like her and saw this as their opening to get rid of her. Nothing more, nothing less.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum