Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen A Smith...

5 posters

Go down

Stephen A Smith... Empty Stephen A Smith...

Post by OSUBucks Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:34 pm

This just shows that you don't have to know jack shit about football or much else sports related and get a job at ESPN making lots of money. Why anyone takes anything seriously that they hear on that Network is beyond me. Funny stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aeqmFJGLnE&feature=youtu.be
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Stephen A Smith... Empty Re: Stephen A Smith...

Post by 19delta Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:12 pm

OSUBucks wrote:This just shows that you don't have to know jack shit about football or much else sports related and get a job at ESPN making lots of money. Why anyone takes anything seriously that they hear on that Network is beyond me. Funny stuff.

Saw this story earlier. Have to wonder what unlucky production assistant got fired over this.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigshot85 Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:11 pm

ESPN has become to political for me. I really only watch for college games every now and then mostly watch college games on ABC, Fox and fs1. Only full Monday night football game I watched this year was Bears Seahawks week two. To me MMF doesn't have that big game feel anymore unlike Sunday night football on NBC. Also that machine Booger McFarland drives around in annoys me.
Bigshot85
Bigshot85
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Bigshot85 wrote:Also that machine Booger McFarland drives around in annoys me.
Not as much as the machine that makes Jason Witten sounds.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:34 pm

OSUBucks wrote:This just shows that you don't have to know jack shit about football or much else sports related and get a job at ESPN making lots of money. Why anyone takes anything seriously that they hear on that Network is beyond me. Funny stuff.

I think we all know why Stephen A still has a job and it isn't for his knowledge.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Racist. Sexist. Homophobic. Russian bot.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Teetime wrote:Racist. Sexist. Homophobic. Russian bot.

You forgot misogynist.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Misogynist.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Thank you.

+1 for reminding me that as a 40+ year old white male, everything in the world is my fault.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Bigshot85 wrote:Also that machine Booger McFarland drives around in annoys me.
Not as much as the machine that makes Jason Witten sounds.

Nice....+1

I love it when someone pulls a rabbit out of their head.

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:54 pm

Bigshot85 wrote:ESPN has become to political for me.  I really only watch for college games every now and then mostly watch college games on ABC, Fox and fs1.  Only full Monday night football game I watched this year was Bears Seahawks week two.  To me MMF doesn't have that big game feel anymore unlike Sunday night football on NBC.  Also that machine Booger McFarland drives around in annoys me.

Same for me. If they have a game on I really want to watch I'll turn on ESPN but that's about it. ESPN has been steadily losing viewers in recent years.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:27 pm

I think Witten could have been a decent announcer if they'd have left him down on the farm for a while. They called up their #1 pick to start within 24 hours of drafting him.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Bigshot85 wrote:ESPN has become to political for me.  I really only watch for college games every now and then mostly watch college games on ABC, Fox and fs1.  Only full Monday night football game I watched this year was Bears Seahawks week two.  To me MMF doesn't have that big game feel anymore unlike Sunday night football on NBC.  Also that machine Booger McFarland drives around in annoys me.

Same for me. If they have a game on I really want to watch I'll turn on ESPN but that's about it. ESPN has been steadily losing viewers in recent years.
Their insane focus on LeBron and the NBA is what really got/gets me.  They still begrudgingly cover football a lot, but only because it means $$. I get the feeling they'd go 24/7 NBA and soccer if they could. I'm not sure baseball still exists watching most of their programming. Not that I watch much. PTI and Highly Questionable is a out it outside football games.

And that's before we approach the political BS. "Here's a HS team that's 75% "undocumented immigrants". Now. Let's give you 21 minutes of our political point of view."
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Head Idiot wrote:And that's before we approach the political BS. "Here's a HS team that's 75% "undocumented immigrants". Now. Let's give you 21 minutes of our political point of view."

I'm confused by this.

Is that a paraphrasing of something you saw on ESPN or a direct quote? If a paraphrasing....what show was it? Just a regular nightly sports center or a special about undocumented immigrants playing HS ball?

If it's a direct quote, do you remember you said it? I looks like it was very memorable if you can "quote" it like that.

Lastly, in English, when we nest a quote inside of another quote we indicate that by using single quote marks rather than double quote marks as you have above. If there is a second nested quotation it is indicated with double quote marks and the double and single quotation symbols are alternated until the completion of the full quote.

You are very welcome!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:25 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:And that's before we approach the political BS. "Here's a HS team that's 75% "undocumented immigrants". Now. Let's give you 21 minutes of our political point of view."

I'm confused by this.

Is that a paraphrasing of something you saw on ESPN or a direct quote? If a paraphrasing....what show was it? Just a regular nightly sports center or a special about undocumented immigrants playing HS ball?

If it's a direct quote, do you remember you said it? I looks like it was very memorable if you can "quote" it like that.

Lastly, in English, when we nest a quote inside of another quote we indicate that by using single quote marks rather than double quote marks as you have above. If there is a second nested quotation it is indicated with double quote marks and the double and single quotation symbols are alternated until the completion of the full quote.

You are very welcome!
Not a direct quote, but pretty much any show put together on E60 by the guy they got from MTV.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum