Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

knee replacements

+2
net
4a(6afornet)north
6 posters

Go down

knee replacements Empty knee replacements

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:17 pm

any one here had one? Got news today that both my knees are shot. Doctor can't believe I am getting around as good as I am. Truth is it is affecting my lifestyle. I'll be honest,I am scared to death. Much ado about nothing? How much downtime am I looking at? Any tip or info would be appreciated.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

knee replacements Empty Re: knee replacements

Post by net Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:11 pm

nothing to worry about. had my left knee done. lose as much weight as you can and work on your flexibility now. it'll pay off in the end. good luck. when is your surgery?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:30 pm

1. you are gonna get some herbacleanse to put on your knee the night before and the day of your surgery. don't let any touch your nads.

2. count the number of stairs you must climb at home on a daily basis. part of my test was to be able to climb that amount for release.

3. drink lots of fluid after the surgery. i didn't eat or drink much. they told me that if i didn't pee out 8 oz of urine; they'd be putting my cath back in. i chugged nonstop.

4. i hope you do better in the recovery room than i did. i was whacked. i asked the lady next to me, 'wtf are you looking at?'. she asked to be moved away from me. then every time a nurse walked by i yelled, 'i effing hurt'. they just laughed. i didn't remember any of this until the nurses told me.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:37 pm

My mom had her hip replaced a month ago. It has been a nightmare. She developed an infection and had to have it redone. She has an antibiotic injetted into her heart daily now to fight the infection. Her doctor told her today she might have to have it redone for a third time in a week.

I've only known 3 people that i knkw of who have had their knees done- net, a HS team mate's dad and my freshman football coach. Net you heard his testimony, my HS team mate's dad was fit as a fiddle going in, developed sepsis and died and my freshman football coach was as unfit as possible and got through it fine and has since got much more fit and loves it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:43 pm

yes, you should be prescribed a healthy dose of antibiotics before the surgery, and it doesn't always work.

i can't even get any dental work done without getting 4 or 5 days worth of antibiotics because of my heart.

good luck to your mother hi.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:00 pm

net wrote:yes, you should be prescribed a healthy dose of antibiotics before the surgery, and it doesn't always work.

i can't even get any dental work done without getting 4 or 5 days worth of antibiotics because of my heart.

good luck to your mother hi.
Thank you net. It really sucks for her because each time she gets it done she's immediately more mobile and happier than she was. She was pretty much immobile the past 2-3 years with it.

What really sucks for the family is my dad was going to retire right before thanksgiving this year, but since my mom is too young for Medicare he's going to keep working in case she has problems. At 66 years old, 17 hour days in the spring and fall are getting to be way too much for him.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:55 am

net wrote:nothing to worry about. had my left knee done. lose as much weight as you can and work on your flexibility now. it'll pay off in the end. good luck. when is your surgery?

No date yet. Going to meet Dr with my wife and discuss,plus I have to get all paperwork and approvals done first. They won't do both at same time but it would be nice to get both done this year since Im at 100% coverage the rest of year after my appendectomy in February.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:32 am

My Mom and my former defensive coordinator had knees replaced. Fairly smooth sailing for both and immediate pain relief. Good luck!
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Update:Well yesterday was the big day. Had surgery at 1:30 pm,was back up in room about 3:45. They had me up and walking by 5pm.Everything went great.Dr Rezin said it was a little worse than they saw on MRI and Xrays and said my quality of life should be extremely improved. As far as pain...I have to say it's been pretty much a non factor....worst pain was when the Dr pulled drain out this morning......had 2 therapy session today before I was released this afternoon.I'm hopeing the rest goes as smooth.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:20 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:Update:Well yesterday was the big day. Had surgery at 1:30 pm,was back up in room about 3:45.  They had me up and walking by 5pm.Everything went great.Dr Rezin said it was a little worse than they saw on MRI and Xrays and said my quality of life should be extremely improved. As far as pain...I have to say it's been pretty much a non factor....worst pain was when the Dr pulled drain out this morning......had 2 therapy session today before I was released this afternoon.I'm hopeing the rest goes as smooth.

Sounds like you are off to a good start post surgery. I hope the rest of your recovery goes well!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:35 am

4a...glad things went so well. Congratulations!

Which body part are you looking to replace next?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Teetime wrote:4a...glad things went so well. Congratulations!

wife would probably say heart...lol

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:57 pm

Teetime wrote:4a...glad things went so well. Congratulations!

I need a brain replacement.

4a(6afornet)north wrote:
wife would probably say heart...lol  
I couldn't replace that, you have to have something to replace first.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:50 am

Glad it went well. Continued success with your recovery.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum